Mega Topic: Off Hand Gem Slots

What would you like to see in future updates?

Postby NH_PrincessTara » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:53 pm

New Subject

OLD Subject
Removing gem sockets for offhands

Here's my idea / complaint.

A 2hand weapon gives double the stats to compensate for a 1hand and shield, that's also requires you to get an extra +8 gem or +10 gem for each slot to have the same stats as a 2h.

So my idea is duplicate the gem from the main hand to the offhand so the stats are affected by the tier of the shield, but u don't need those excess gems.
NH_PrincessTara

Off hand gem augment on war Mage

Postby Caldecort » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I figured this would be the place to get an answer.

Can you equip a main hand and an off hand augment gems in the off hand an then reequip a two hand weapon (staff) and still have the gems stay augmented in the off hand slots?

Excuse me if this has already been addressed, I just didn't want to drop a couple 100,000 silver or tokens to attempt it and then lose all the gems.

Thanks,

Wonbeer & Tubeers
Caldecort

Re: Off hand gem augment on war Mage

Postby Caldecort » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Ttt
Caldecort

Postby Bbbb » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:05 pm

The gems are still there in the slots but they don't do anything. You don't lose the gems but they do not do you any good in the 2H setup.
Bbbb

Postby beekeo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:46 pm

2H weapons also have a 4x multiplier instead of the 2x multiplier of a 1H weapon.

Main Hand + Off Hand = 2 Hand weapon for total gem value

Pro: Costs half as much
Con: Half the Gem diversity
beekeo

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:59 pm

Something I do, when I'm running low on backpack space is store extra gems in that slot.
You have to buy a shield to place them there, then you can sell the shield and don't need it again till you need to access those gems (and then only if your backpack is full).

It buys you an additional 2-3 backpack slots if you have extra gems.

This works for 2H weapon users.
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby Bbbb » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:30 pm

beekeo wrote:Con: Half the Gem diversity

Gem diversity is unimportant. You can achieve the same effect by shuffling gems of different types around between pieces of equipment with different multipliers.

I wish you all would get rid of those 4 slots. They are a penalty on SW and 1H users.

Or if you are going to impose that penalty, then let that piece of equipment be enchantable. That would make things more fair - and would help out the suffering SWs. (would have said long suffering, but they weren't suffering in 1.4 :lol: )
Bbbb

gem slot inequality- 2H vs 1H Weapon Gems

Postby ouroboros » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:48 am

while figuring out my gem placement today, i realized that shadow walkers need four more gems than war mages and justicars who favor two-handed weapons to achieve the same might.

yes, a main and off hand with a full compliment of gems yield the same level of stat increase as a two handed weapon, but the issue arises that shadow walkers lack the option to wield two handed weapons entirely.

perhaps it would make more sense if all weapons had the same stat multipliers, while offhand weapons and shields didn't have gem slots at all. that way, shadow walkers would not have to purchase four additional gems to compete with the other classes for might.

the way it is currently certainly allows for a bit more versatility: characters can tweak their gem ratios with a bit more finesse when wielding an off hand or shield versus a two-handed weapon, but it seems like this fact doesn't really offset the disadvantage i described above.

i'm interested to hear some thoughts on this.
Last edited by ouroboros on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ouroboros

Re: gem slot inequality

Postby Phrarr » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:32 am

nvm..
Last edited by Phrarr on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phrarr

Re: gem slot inequality

Postby Tiffy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:27 am

ouroboros wrote:perhaps it would make more sense if all weapons had the same stat multipliers, while offhand weapons and shield didn't have gem slots at all. that way, shadow walkers would not have to purchase four additional gems

+1
Tiffy

Next

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions