Mega Topic: Gem System Discussion (Multiple Merges)

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Gem Drop Type Can be Chosen

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Dungeon wrote:We should have the choice of which type of gem we receive. The choice could be immediately offered or perhaps a gem token system where the user can cash it in for their choice in Majerio's Shop. This new feature could also be used for many other things.

MY PERSONAL OPINION

I do not work for Venan.

Thank your for the suggestion.

Gem Drops, and Lockbox Gems, are discussed in many Topics. The basics are, Venan knows about players input, Valor & PvP Tokens take 3 times the Energy per Gem as Lockbox but let you pick a gem for the added expense, Gem Shards are a response to player input about Whole Gem Boss Drops, Gems sell back to Majerio for Silver Coin to encourage players to Raid, PvP and run Dungeons.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby DungeonMage » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:39 pm

Always giving a pointless gem is only discouraging me from raiding dungeons because there's no point if I'm not going to get something useful.
DungeonMage

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:15 pm

One of my junior war mages hit Karnak and Goblin King dungeons hard for double shard weekend. Result: 3 tier four strength gems.

Red gems are the only potentially useless gem. While a character may have a preference between haste, crit and dodge, or crit power, phys resist, and magic resist, all of these gems are still useful for the character. A mage wielding a staff cannot benefit from a strength gem.

Much like the Karnak dungeon drops only recipes usable by a class (SWs get nature or physical, WMs get fire or ice, Js get spirit or physical), gem lockboxes should never grant mages a strength gem.

(On top of this, one of my junior-junior mages got a t3 health gem from a lockbox, then the server roll back happened, and on my redraw, got a t3 strength gem.)

I would gladly purchase a 20gs "hammer of gem destruction" that would break any t3 or t4 gem into 40-60 shards. Have it done in the workshop on a work bench, have it take 24 hours, but have some way to recover some of the value sunk into those three t4 strength gems.
NikoNarf_1

Breaking gems into shards + t5- Merged

Postby Countess_Duqu » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:00 pm

I was wondering if there's a chance of getting the ability of 'breaking' our unused gems into shards to be made into new gems; and could we get some way to make shards into t5 gems instead of just t4&3?
Countess_Duqu

Gem Vendor Swapping

Postby Aremus » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:45 am

Lets just say if I buy a gem, for example haste, and then I realize that I would have been better off with a crit gem. There is no way for me to currently exchange the gem over and I have to grind another x amount of valor. I would really like if I could switch my gems for say a fee of maybe a ten percent of the valor that they cost for the gem, to be able to swap it from one type to the other. This would make being able to try out different specs easier like switching from melee to spirit or melee to poison or even pve to pvp. I think swapping for a reduced amount of valor is a good way to make gem exchanges go pretty smoothly.
Aremus

Re: Gem Vendor Swapping

Postby japster » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:02 pm

The whole point is to raid more, and get more valor, and buy a new set of gems. And when you get impatient…you use GS :P

If Venan allowed this, their gs sales will see a decrease for sure since people no longer need to farm multiple sets of gems for PvP and PvE.

P.S. you can email CS within 3 days of a purchase to ask for a refund or swap though.
japster

Re: Gem Vendor Swapping

Postby Aremus » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:46 pm

Raiding a lot will bring you gems yes but it's a ton of valor to get these gems. Back in 1.7 i got wrecked in pvp since I wanted to pvp but only had a pve set however when I upgraded my t4 gems to t5 pve gems I was left with a lot of t4 gems that I vendored because I didn't need them any longer but if I could have paid say 500-1000 valor to switch these gems to a different t4 I would have done alittle better faster instead of just getting wrecked by every player that was more geared than I was. Maybe they don't let the highest tier gem be swapped or something but an option to trade gems in for a reduced valor cost to switch them to a different gem of the same tier I don't think will cut down too much on venans sales.
Aremus

GEM SHARD TRADE UP

Postby JP1316 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:41 pm

I would like to suggest that Venan come up with a system of " Trading Up" gem shards in the same way we can currently do with Valor. Since the shards are not as easily come across as silver a trade up ratio of 5 to 1 would be reasonable
JP1316

Re: GEM SHARD TRADE UP

Postby StoneAgeBear » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:55 pm

Great idea JP ! Right now all these shards Holly Goober drops are almost worthless if you no longer need that tier gem. Do it venan, make it happen ! :D
StoneAgeBear

Re: GEM SHARD TRADE UP

Postby Berlo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:09 pm

Unfortunately I think this would greatly impact their income as people would spend less money on Gold Shields to speed up the process of purchasing a new set of gems. As much as I'd love to see this implemented, I can't see it happening. That's my opinion though, Venan may speculate differently.
Berlo

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions