Mega Topic: Gem System Discussion (Multiple Merges)

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Shatter gems for shards

Postby DarthPaff » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:43 pm

A great idea!
DarthPaff

Re: Shatter gems for shards

Postby Marney » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:32 pm

Thanks for the support, everyone. :)

Other notes -

The other day my guildmate Tia suggested, as an alternative, that we might have a crafting recipe similar to the flux exchange for gems. I guess it would work something like - swap any two gems of the same color for another of your choice, again, obviously, of the same color.

Elsewhere, SkiF suggested
SkiF wrote:2. In another topic has been written about the possibility to disassemble the gems back into shards. In addition to this, to make it possible to increase the tier of shards, for example, 5 tier3 shards changed to one tier4 shard.

I think both of these ideas also have potential.
Marney

Gem Crafting

Postby Bbbb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:20 pm

Since we have the ability to craft different fluxes now, can we have something similar for gems? I really want to overhaul my strategy but I need to replace half my gems to really try it out. I don't want the 2 for 1 of flux, but I'd be more than willing for gem + 10gs for replacement gem of the same tier.
Bbbb

Re: Gem Crafting

Postby japster » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:00 am

This is actually a very sound and useful idea. I support it as well.
japster

Postby Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:55 am

Also instead of Shard Lockboxes, make crafting items specific for each gem type to where they can be crafted, just require work. Combine this with the other Idea of being able to smash gems into shards and you will have something extremely useful!
Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda

Postby JacksonD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:59 am

New category "Breaking" under the 2 others. RECIPE: Buy one for t3/4 Reqs. Mallet 1x Gem if choice 1x Use shards for different gem
JacksonD

Postby NH_PrincessTara » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 pm

I had posted a thought in another thread, let's say you could "mine ore" "harvest herbs" you could use ore and get a gem maybe with the ore? You could then craft the gem in a particular stat you want, but higher stat gems would be harder to make or just be random chance from same materials?
NH_PrincessTara

Gem Lockboxes suck, please get rid of them

Postby Musketeer » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:51 pm

These things suck bigtime. Does any player enjoy the random nature of our 'reward' for collecting 100 shards?

After trading in 1100 red t4 shards across 3 toons I have received 9 fortitude gems (totally useless to my builds) and 2 magic gems. I've traded in 300 t3 shards and got 2 fortitude and 1 magic. None of these are of any use to me.

Please could we just trade in 100 shards at Majerio's for the gem of our choice (already limited by color). It's hard enough collecting 100 shards from a boss, without a 2/3 chance that we get a gem we don't want right now.
Musketeer

Re: Gem Lockboxes suck, please get rid of them

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:19 pm

One of my alt mages, whom I'm trying to build up has a similar dilemma. At about 8k might, she has mostly T2 gems. After running Valentine and GK dungeon a few times, she now has two t3 health gems and a t4 melee gem. To build up her might, I must unequip her t2 magic gems, making her LESS powerful, to place gems that do nothing but waste space. Had this been my main character, I would likely have walked away from the game rather than be frustrated by this dilemma. Fortunately, this is a rarely played alt, so it is merely annoying. I wonder how many do walk away faced with this apparent contradiction of making a character less powerful to add might.
NikoNarf_1

Re: Gem Lockboxes suck, please get rid of them

Postby Grnm » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:20 am

I guess the random element pertaining to drops from lockboxes just replaced the randomness of bosses' drops.. Remember those drop rates prior to 1.5? AFTER they were nerfed? Hehe, it was a PAIN, remember?

My alt mage was a bit more active, and once I learned that Valentine dropped red shards of both types (and gems), I used this opportunity to stock up on shards (plus I farmed Hunter and GK in the meantime, did no raiding).

So what have I got from approx. 13 to 24 December in terms of red gems:

3 x T3 health gems;
2 x T4 health gems;
4 x T3 melee gems;
4 x T4 melee gems;
3 x T3 intelligence gems;
2 x T4 intelligence gems

[yes, I could've been much luckier, so here goes the part where I am also moaning about 13 useless gems]

And now here goes the part where I am happy about 5 absolutely useful gems, and the fact that it took me just about 11 days to get these...

And should my alt not be a mage OR should these be yellow or blue shards, then almost all of gem drops (except health, right) would be useful.

It is not all that bad, I guess, if you look at it from different perspective.
IMO the introduction of shards made T3 and T4 gems being obtainable way faster and in a way more reliable fashion (generally, I am not speaking just of Valentine event).

Now to the new players being scared of complicated concepts such as "shall I put a useless T4 health to increase might to be able to do this raid, or shall I stick to my T2 giving more magic" - perhaps I would not mind them being scared.

Because anyway these are mostly the same new players who never ever give themselves a slightest effort of checking the forum, even the FAQ which Amy and others wrote, or just exploring the game a bit, or just doing anything at all to learn something new by themselves. Oh no, they immediately clutter the global with rather imperative (like hungry nestlings demanding to be fed right here and right now) and endless "what do I do with gems?", "what are the shards for?" "anyone knows where do I put the gems?" "how do I put the gems?" "where exactly I put gems and why?"(I have a great answer to that, huhuh, its pretty much the same place their phone could go, too) "is this game any good?" "I am level 3 send me an invite", "will someone play this game for me while I enjoy my sandwich" etc. Well if they cannot live with anything but instant gratification then maybe they're better served with Angry Birds or Little Pony Farm or whatever.

And I truly believe that any new player who is willing to invest just a tiny effort to explore / think / compare, etc. will not be scared by the slightest - there are PLENTY of people like this, too, so it is definitely not a rant against all newbies.

This is a pretty unique RPG-like game which requires some thinking and, being addressed to specific mature audience, is relatively complicated... I hope it stays this way. I don't want it to suffer debilitating strike, hehe.

Niko, I am sorry the second part of my rant looks like a sarcastic attack against you - it is not meant to be by all means. I am just VERY scared that veterans like you raise all of a sudden arguments to protect a theoretical "innocent newbie" (who does not care or appreciate this anyway) from turning away from the game. This may eventually lead to a situation when a new player (any player) will be routinely spared of any opportunity to think or experience challenges, and that's going to be the end of it..
Grnm

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions