Suggestions increase durability in pvp

What would you like to see in future updates?

Suggestions increase durability in pvp

Postby Kenner » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:00 pm

Hello All,

Since the release of the t20s i fond that matches in pvp have become too short and decided by a single crit. This especially applies for my lvl 35 toon but even my near maxed war mage faces this problem. Regular attack dealing 5-8k damage and crits even up to 20k. My suggestion is to Change to mechanic for calculating physical resist/Magic resist. Now its equal to rating/(rating+(OLC*4))*50%. Changing the formula by changing the 4 into a 3 or two the defense mitigation Will improve.

I.e. my Magic resist is at 5479 rating which gives 15.62%. changing 4 into a 3 Will result in 18.86% and making it 2 results in 23.8%. in my eyes this adjustement has nog downsides. Another option is to increase The maximum value for defense so our armor works better.
Kenner

Re: Suggestions increase durability in pvp

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:51 am

Generally agree, this has been a problem for ages. Add the new pvp abilities and it feels more random now than it ever was. That said, I don't like how much of a slog pvp at higher mights can be. In Silver/Bronze, pvp is actually FUN because the lower level you are, the fewer flangy abilities are available to twist the match. It's just you and them.
Illy_the_Red

Longer PvP bouts

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:19 pm

Subject
Longer PvP bouts

Unlikely to happen. Venan nerfed Staff Mastery, Health and Defense enchant to help speed up PvP since PvP bouts were taking a very *very* long time.

If you don't like Critical Hits, get a shield and some Block enchants:

Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
PvP, Dealing with Critical Hits, Knockback and increasing Defense rating

PvP bouts used to take much *much* longer. Venan nerfed Staff Mastery, Defense enchant, and Health to help speed up PvP (Note 1)

With shorter PvP bouts, abilities that depend on random chance (Crit, Dodge, Block, Status Resist, Spirit Strike, etc.) have an increased affect on who wins.

This has also substantially increased the complaints about huge critical hits and chaining together multiple knockback attacks.

Subject: PvP, Dealing with Critical Hits, Knockback & +Defense rating
Bj_Knows

Re: Longer PvP bouts

Postby Kenner » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:30 pm

Longer PvP bouts

Unlikely to happen. Venan nerfed Staff Mastery, Health and Defense enchant to help speed up PvP since PvP bouts were taking a very *very* long time.

If you don't like Critical Hits, get a shield and some Block enchants:

PvP, Dealing with Critical Hits, Knockback and increasing Defense rating

PvP bouts used to take much *much* longer. Venan nerfed Staff Mastery, Defense enchant, and Health to help speed up PvP (Note 1)

With shorter PvP bouts, abilities that depend on random chance (Crit, Dodge, Block, Status Resist, Spirit Strike, etc.) have an increased affect on who wins.

This has also substantially increased the complaints about huge critical hits and chaining together multiple knockback attacks.

Subject: PvP, Dealing with Critical Hits, Knockback & +Defense rating

Wow going back to these times seems like a wonderfull idea to me. True pvp was taking a long time but t20s completely turned it the other way around it feels like were all lvl 16 toons using that t17 sword. I agree Health should keep a soft cap but maybe it could be doubled. As for Defense in all in favour of making it 1.5% again so matches get to the way they were pre t20.
Kenner

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:43 pm

People are not going to switch to 1H and shield just to mitigate crits slightly. It wouldn't even have that big an impact.

+1 to the idea of un-nerfing Defence. If Defence was more like it used to be we might see more enjoyable pvp matches, though I suspect there are few more area to tweak beyond that.
Illy_the_Red

Postby sapphite1 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:50 pm

I agree but i also find the abusiveness in voids in time quite annoying and unfair to certain classes
sapphite1

Postby Kenner » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:00 pm

sapphite1 wrote:I agree but i also find the abusiveness in voids in time quite annoying and unfair to certain classes

Do you mean time void as a skill which is Resisted a lot or something else?
Kenner

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions