Suggestion Stub, Block Base 2.5% not 0%

What would you like to see in future updates?

Suggestion Stub, Block Base 2.5% not 0%

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:46 am

Subject
Suggestion Stub, Block base 2.5% not 0%

Elder Fury rank 3 has many huge advantages. One of the biggest is the ability to acquire a Block roll without a shield (this is not as good as a shield since shields also increase your Defense Rating). This adds many tactical decisions (Defend increases Block and Dodge so does this change your frequency of Defend?, Garrote rank 3 reduces Block -30% & Dodge -30% so do you try and Defend against Garrote?) to strategic decisions (3 Block enchant vs 3 Defense enchant, 1 Block & 2 Defense vs 2 Block & 1 Defense, 3 Knockback Resist vs 3 Block enchant vs 3 Defense enchant, etc.)

Currently Dodge percentage has a base of 5% and Block percentage has a base of 0%. Change it to one of the following:

A) Dodge percentage base 2.5% and Block percentage base 2.5%, this preserves the current defense total, but makes things more even for physical attacks since Dodge negates all physical debuffs (Rend, Bleed, Corrosive Blades, etc.), but Block still allows physical debuffs (Note 1).

B) Dodge percentage base 5% and Block percentage base 5%, same as A, but leaves Dodge at 5% base chance and increases Block from 0% base chance to 5%. This is the one I favor.

C) Dodge percentage base 0% and Block percentage base 5%, this is an inverse of the current situation. However, there are Gems that increase Dodge, but no Dodge enchants, and there are enchants that increase block but no block Gems. Not in favor of this one, but it would balance the increased Block base percentage.

Note 1)

Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
PvP, Status Resist versus Knockback Resist v2.0

Subject: PvP, Status Resist vs Knockback Resist v2.0
Bj_Knows

Re: Suggestion Stub, Block Base 2.5% not 0%

Postby Kenner » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:03 pm

I like the idea of having even 0.01% block chance as defend will increase it by 20% so i can finally block with my war mage. Also agree elder fury is too good compared to staff mastery why dont we change staff mastery back to the old days where it gave 15% extra hp.
Kenner

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:15 am

Kenner wrote:I like the idea of having even 0.01% block chance as defend will increase it by 20% so i can finally block with my war mage. Also agree elder fury is too good compared to staff mastery why dont we change staff mastery back to the old days where it gave 15% extra hp.

I think the way Staff Mastery now balances out against Elder Fury works fine. As people often say when queries about icy grasp come up (there's no reason it's faster than all other stuns in the game), why should it be the same? It balances out because Justicars don't have access to the same range of quick attacks Mages do. Every class fighting them needs either good dodge or block, if not you're taking every attack full force. If anything it's other classes that need extra HP, since spike damages you after every ability used and the speed of most Mage single-target attacks is faster than the majority of attacks on other classes.

Mages being able to block would unbalance things further than I think is realised.

Disclaimer: this is an opinion, your mileage may vary.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Kenner » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:41 am

I think its clear not mages bur justis are the ones that are virtually unbeatable so why not bring back some Power for mages
Kenner

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:25 pm

Kenner wrote:I think its clear not mages bur justis are the ones that are virtually unbeatable so why not bring back some Power for mages

I think it's clear they aren't. Mage players have said this for 2-3 years since the start of pvp beta. It's always that the other classes need nerfing or mages buffing somehow. Even after 2.0 when Mage abilities were crazily OP, it was the same line.
Illy_the_Red

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions