Suggestion: 3rd Enchant spot

What would you like to see in future updates?

Suggestion: 3rd Enchant spot

Postby GWARslave119 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:58 pm

This one I haven't given much thought to really, so any pros and cons yall can think of would be good to hear, but I was just thinking...everyone talks about "this is the best setup" or "this is what the Masters use", and it's sorta-ish true. There are lots of ways to build your gear, and maybe there are a few setups that are overall cream of the crop. Adding a 3rd enchant spot would add a lot more customization to a build, making builds just that much more unique. Of course there will always be builds that are reguarded as "the best", but the more options you have in building a gearset, the more you can find a build that's right for you.
GWARslave119

Re: Suggestion: 3rd Enchant spot

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:57 pm

One reason more customisation does not happen is that enchanting is prohibitively expensive to take to high levels, especially above VI. People don't try different enchants because by pulling one off your gear, you're incurring transfer costs. Then you've got the re-enchantment of the gear with the new one, which will cost a fair bit if you're enchanting it to a high level. If you find you don't like the way the new one plays out, you have another transfer cost to pay before you can finally put the original one back.

Removing enchant transfer costs, and even enchanting costs entirely, would encourage a lot more experimenting. There's also the problems of certain enchants (such as the way the calculations work making Accuracy poor at best) taking away the appeal of using them.

I'd love to try more combinations, but it's been such a slog to get even some enchants to VIII that it's just not worth experimenting. It's costly enough to move them to new event gear.
Illy_the_Red

Postby GWARslave119 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:26 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:There's also the problems of certain enchants (such as the way the calculations work making Accuracy poor at best) taking away the appeal of using them.

Ok let me make sure I got this right, even though I've been explained to a few times. If your Accuracy is 20%, and the opponents Dodge is 20%, then it takes 20% of 20 which is ~16, so their dodge chance is now 16%?
GWARslave119

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:24 pm

GWARslave119 wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:There's also the problems of certain enchants (such as the way the calculations work making Accuracy poor at best) taking away the appeal of using them.

Ok let me make sure I got this right, even though I've been explained to a few times. If your Accuracy is 20%, and the opponents Dodge is 20%, then it takes 20% of 20 which is ~16, so their dodge chance is now 16%?

That sounds familiar, it's in the forums somewhere. Probably explained by Eric.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Kenner » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:42 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:
GWARslave119 wrote:

That sounds familiar, it's in the forums somewhere. Probably explained by Eric.

This is correct, accuracy is not worth it on any toon that can lower dodge (chill/caltrops/garrote). On a Justi it can be nice. It would be cool if the boosted accuracy to also prevent the opponent Block chance. I mean a accurate strike does not hit the shield right.
Kenner

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:50 am

Kenner wrote:I mean a accurate strike does not hit the shield right.

Yes but bleed and poison should not affect undead, right? And spirit ought to do *more* damage to them not less, right?
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby Saraa » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:29 am

Dэяраliсюцs wrote:

Yes but bleed and poison should not affect undead, right? And spirit ought to do *more* damage to them not less, right?

If things like that were taken into account, gameplay and toon builds/enhancement/strategy would be taken to an entire new lvl. Might even actually bring back an element of required thought at the end game level.
Saraa

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:45 pm

Simply_Sara wrote:
Dэяраliсюцs wrote:

If things like that were taken into account, gameplay and toon builds/enhancement/strategy would be taken to an entire new lvl. Might even actually bring back an element of required thought at the end game level.

It would be good to see a new level of customisation, but up to this point the furthest Venan got with 'strategy' was to create bosses that made certain builds useless and entirely leave out a way to counter their too-high damage. If some real thought went into things then it could be awesome, but going all/nothing with damage resist values isn't it.
Illy_the_Red

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions