To Venan: Why Players Hate Halloween

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: To Venan: Why Players Hate Halloween

Postby My_Starlight » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:11 pm

Fara wrote:Thx Chem :) How about the portal is open all the time but resets every 5 hours? That will make it easier to fit the event around our real lives.

Anything that doesn't make us log in at certain times.
My_Starlight

Postby Mr_Op » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:08 pm

I vote that we make it OS based similar to CoC and make it a raid like pirates could make everything much better.
Mr_Op

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:04 pm

I don't really have an issue with logging in at certain times - it certainly isn't what makes the Halloween event bad, and Tragick/WereChef/Goblin have had that format for a long time. Surely that's why Venan have it rotate through a cycle time of several hours, so all people in all zones can get equal exposure?

That said, some folk log in only when they have a chance, and if that means a spawn is missed, it's missed. 'Raid' style events are certainly a better way of addressing that particular issue. However that isn't what makes the event bad. Historically the Halloween event has overpriced items that require additional burning even if all spawns are hit to full with a 50e toon, and on top of a special item (lantern) that is supposed to make things easier.

People have been skipping the event for the last two years for reasons of price. What you invest does not equate to a fair way to getting a higher tier item like in other events. It's much more important that this is addressed, alongside the issue of slapping a diamond graver cost on top of event currency prices just to randomly make the item harder to get. A lot of players cannot afford either the silver or gs to get 5 diamond gravers, and having to do so artificially lengthens the time spent until getting the T21 ring without making that effort interesting or logical. Would've made much more sense to have the ring require a lot of components collected throughout the games' zones that you can get by investing time into it. We have other things we have to spend silver on (like enchantment components, runes etc) that make saving 5million silver ridiculous.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Fara » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:32 am

The difficulty of reaching the last phase of each spawn is the reason I suggested longer spawns. 5 hours would allow players to get to the last phase which would make the existing prices more achievable.
Fara

Postby Winx » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:54 am

I see that someone posted it is optional to participate in events. I'm so thrilled!

Can somebody pls send me the raids and farming areas for t19 and t21 gear so I can get this outside of the events? Yeah...

My point being, unless you want your toons to suck, get whipped in PvP and never reach potential might, events really are NOT optional. Stop using that as a cop-out please.
Rather focus your energy on making things better like the other posts here are trying to do with their ideas. For which I'm thankful btw :-)
Winx

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:30 pm

Winx wrote:I see that someone posted it is optional to participate in events. I'm so thrilled!

Can somebody pls send me the raids and farming areas for t19 and t21 gear so I can get this outside of the events? Yeah...

My point being, unless you want your toons to suck, get whipped in PvP and never reach potential might, events really are NOT optional. Stop using that as a cop-out please.
Rather focus your energy on making things better like the other posts here are trying to do with their ideas. For which I'm thankful btw :-)

Brilliant, well said.
Illy_the_Red

Postby MadameZ » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Right, if someone can't gripe like the rest of us, they shouldn't be allowed to post.....I totally am good with that ;)
MadameZ

Postby Kenner » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:29 am

Maybe get rid of the different wave lvls. That way low e players can get the same ammount of corn per e.
Kenner

Postby Gary_ » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:28 am

Exactly MadameZ. If you don't agree with us, please post somewhere else.
Gary_

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:16 am

Garic_ wrote:Exactly MadameZ. If you don't agree with us, please post somewhere else.

Well they are free to make their own thread called 'why players love Halloween or kinda don't mind it'. This one is about the problems with it.
Illy_the_Red

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions