My Essence

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: My Essence

Postby Saphy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:05 pm

Was just discussing this subject with a fellow fabulous guildmate... it's been almost 2 years since my original post and we still have the same issue. It would be great if we were able to craft more refined and pure essence at a time. My essence is still flowing, especially now with the addition of the new character classes.

-Saphira
Saphy

Postby Bbbb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:10 am

Unless I badly want hero tokens, I never run KFS. Also, I try to avoid the junk (regular) essence only mob phases on my main toons (I will use alts I don't care about to push though) because the stuff is useless after a certain point. All my toons have tens of thousands of the junk.

It's annoying to make sure that I log on twice a day on every toon to keep the refining going. Note: if I really wanted to be optimal, I would need to log in 3 times a day, but I gave up on that long ago as it is too much trouble.
Bbbb

Postby Mr_Op » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:02 pm

I mean honestly 90% of people who play active daily have more thank 20k in the reserve. Me personally I have toons with anywhere up to 200k 'junk' essence. Also since I'm lazy I only log in once a week to buy salts and what not.
Mr_Op

Postby Kenner » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:17 pm

I would say keep refining untill all enchants are at lvl 6 after that just run a lot of sq/tsr and only purify refined essence and dont waste silver on refining salts as gravers are expensive. Got 200k regular essence lying around as its just too time consuming and expensive
Kenner

Postby vlad_the_impaler » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:35 am

It would be great if we could craft 999 refined/pure at a time. I'd need more crafting tables then. As to not crafting refined, I'm not going to let the table sit there empty and refining salts are cheap 225,000 for 1k I have 12k refining sakts.
vlad_the_impaler

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:38 am

The whole enchanting setup needs a tweak, it's a bit lopsided when you have buckets of regular essence and you can't refine/purify fast enough. It's also I've found ultimately not about the essence once you enchant past VI. You can have all the pures you like but unless you can drop the millions of silver or buy gs, you can't afford the gravers. It's getting to the point where I've heard people saying they won't bother getting new gear simply because of the transfer costs, which shows that something isn't quite right with enchanting.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Fara » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:57 am

So some people are limited by essence and some by gravers? Most of my toons are limited by flux. I guess it just depends on your playing style.
Fara

Postby Bbbb » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:11 am

Fara wrote:So some people are limited by essence and some by gravers? Most of my toons are limited by flux. I guess it just depends on your playing style.

As I discussed in another request thread, the flux shortage exists now because many weeklies pay out in essence. If you are essence limited in this day and age, then either it is an ancient toon or you haven't been doing the weeklies.
Bbbb

Postby Jumper » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:34 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:The whole enchanting setup needs a tweak, it's a bit lopsided when you have buckets of regular essence and you can't refine/purify fast enough. It's also I've found ultimately not about the essence once you enchant past VI. You can have all the pures you like but unless you can drop the millions of silver or buy gs, you can't afford the gravers. It's getting to the point where I've heard people saying they won't bother getting new gear simply because of the transfer costs, which shows that something isn't quite right with enchanting.

I still rock t18 gear cause why waste silver on transfers
Jumper

Postby Kenner » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:36 pm

The flux shortage is caused by tsr and slightly by sq. The ammount of refined and pure drops especially in tsr heavily outweigh flux drops. I noticed that my mage got tons of flux mainly from the pre sq/tsr time. My newer toons are limited on essence until the unlocked tsr thats when flux becomes the problem. As of pure enchants ofcourse silver is always a limiting factor unless you purchase gs.
Kenner

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions