Page 1 of 4

Mega Topic:Down Converting Valor Discussion (Merges)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:49 pm
by Hotasfire0Coolasice
New Subject
Down Converting Valor Discussion (Mutliple Merges)

OLD Subject
Valor Types

So with the new lockbox, you can get valors never seen before at your level, such as knight. So with that being said... Can we derank it or something.. Like 10 knight = 100 soldier = 500 Squire or something.. Because otherwise it is useless to those who cannot get more of it.

Re: Valor Types

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:46 am
by Musketeer
Why not save if up until you can use it?

Re: Valor Types

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:51 am
by Hotasfire0Coolasice
Sadly 10 is nothing to a level 12. Then again, it might be the inch I need to win the race.. The humiliation preventer of having 1 less than what u need.

Re: Valor Types

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:16 am
by Musketeer
The ratios would have to stay at best

1 Knight's Valor = 20 Soldier's Valor = 400 Squire's Valor

That's the current upwards exchange rate.

Unfortunately changing down (KV->Squire) would make it too easy to get the lower Valors, and render the lower raids almost worthless compared to opening lock boxes.

Even when you need KV, 10 is still a tiny amount to get, as most items cost around 2,000 KV, but every little helps. You will eventually be changing Squires into Knights just because you have no need of Squires.

Re: Valor Types

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:27 am
by SANKY
Hotasfire0Coolasice wrote:So with the new lockbox, you can get valors never seen before at your level, such as knight. So with that being said... Can we derank it or something.. Like 10 knight = 100 soldier = 500 Squire or something.. Because otherwise it is useless to those who cannot get more of it.

Re: Valor Types

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:26 pm
by Marney
Pfaff's analysis is entirely correct, for which reason I doubt "down-converting" will ever be implemented.

Reconverting Valor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 pm
by JacksonD
My idea (Probly thought of already) is to make a way to reconvert valor at say, 75%? Here's a example: 1 Knight for 15 Soldier. Give any ideas to make better!

Lockbox Down Converting Dilemma

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:58 pm
by Bj_Knows
JackJack wrote:My idea (Probly thought of already) is to make a way to reconvert valor at say, 75%? Here's a example: 1 Knight for 15 Soldier. Give any ideas to make better!


It would be very nice.

Venan would have to deal with the "Lockbox Down Converting Dilemma"

( viewtopic.php?p=4616#p4616 )

Bj_DWR wrote:This avoids the Alchemist Lockbox Down-Converting Dilemma. If a low level character spends 5,000 Silver Coins and wins 10 Knight Valor(KV) and was allowed to convert it to 200 Soldier Valor(SV) then convert it to 4,000 Squire Valor(sqV), they could buy five Tier 2 Gems, the same gems would cost 125,000 Silver Coins. According to GioRGiO, this averages 1 in 2.5 attempts (500 Knight Valor(KV) / 1 million Silver spend * 5000 Silver per attempt ) [ viewtopic.php?f=13&t=723&p=3235#p3235 ] for the thousands of people who play BoH Alchemist Lockbox each day. Medium Might Rating characters have the same dilemma with Tier 3 Gems. Only characters with all Tier 4 Gems are immune to this problem.

Edit: v1.5 Characters with all Tier 5 Gems are immune to this problem

New Valor Convert- 3 Versions of Recipes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:23 pm
by JacksonD
My last post was a bit bad since I saw how rich a newbie would be so here is the improved idea! The Valor recipes! Squire valor recipe:Able to convert Soldiers valor to Squires valor. COST:20 or so GS or however Venan would like. Soldier valor recipe:Sble to convert Knights valor to Soldiers valor. COST:30 or so GS or however Venan would like. And so on and so on.

Valor Downconvert Recipes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:21 pm
by Bj_Knows
JackJack wrote:My last post was a bit bad since I saw how rich a newbie would be so here is the improved idea! The Valor recipes! Squire valor recipe:Able to convert Soldiers valor to Squires valor. COST:20 or so GS or however Venan would like. Soldier valor recipe:Sble to convert Knights valor to Soldiers valor. COST:30 or so GS or however Venan would like. And so on and so on.


How about this version of the above idea:

Recipe- Convert Captain's Valor to Knight Valor, converts 10 Captain's Valor to 20 Knight Valor, Cost to purchase recipe= cost of one or two Augment Gems (3,000 or 6,000 Captain Valor).

The recipes for KV to SV and SV to sqV would be the same ratio and costs.

By requiring a character to have enough Valor to purchase one or two Augment Gems, you keep it out of the hands of lower level characters and solve the Lockbox Downconvert Problem.

Note: this would be a 10% efficiency. Remember, gems are as follows:

750 squire Valor for Tier 2
1,125 Soldier Valor OR 15 Gold Shields for Tier 3
2,250 Knight Valor OR 30 Gold Shields for Tier 4
3,000 Captain Valor for Tier 5

So converting 3,375 CV would get you 6,750 KV or three (3) Tier 4 Gems the same as spending 90 Gold Shields.