Easter Event

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Easter Event

Postby UpAllNightToGetDerpy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:54 pm

An Easter raid would be cool.
UpAllNightToGetDerpy

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:27 am

Okay let's make it an April Fool's raiding event.

There are several Bunny Bosses that pop into raids uninvited.

The Southeaster Bunny is a female with pigtails in cutoff jeans shorts (think Daisy Duke) who wears bunny ears and carries a wicker basket. She should have a maniacal crazy ex look on her face. Some of the attacks she pulls from her basket of "treats" are the Do The Bunny Hop (exploding jelly beans that make you hop around so that you cannot attack but your dodge goes up), Jeepers Peepers (marshmallow peeps try to bite and peck your eyes out causing temporary blindness), Death by Chocolate (chocolate bunnies with long sharp ears that act like shears or propellers?) and Greener Grass (poisonous fake basket grass).

The Nor'easter Bunny is a ghostly grizzled old fisherman in a raincoat with bunny ears built into the hood. His attacks include The Perfect Storm (disarms and removes buffs plus causes damage), Deadliest Cache (several random sea creatures attack in succession out of his nets - lobsters, crabs, sea urchins, puffer fish, electric eels), Haint Elmo's Fire (spiritual "burning" DoT), The Longest Yarn (his tall tale takes so long it causes considerable knockback as you try to stay awake)...

The Easter Island Bunny is a huge Easter Island statue shaped like a bunny. It pummels players with stoney fists, dropkicks them and does body slams. Basically it's a giant MMA fighter made of stone!

Other bosses could be The Middle Easter Bunny is a female genie in an I Dream of Jeannie outfit with bunny ears, of course. The Far Easter Bunny is in full Samurai Warrior armor including the mask... and bunny ears.

The rewards would include black bunny pellets that when collected can be used to craft black gems. Black gems increase maximum energy by 5 or maximum resolve by 3 as well as increasing defense by x amount. The amount of defense would increase with the level of the toon. I figure with around 10 Bunny droppings on average per encounter, it should take 10 encounters to get a black gem.
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:58 am

Bump!
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby Derrin_Watson » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:33 am

I concur with those who would rather not have a new event, but for a different reason.

Since his return, we have already benefitted from Lord Venan's innovation, his willingness to listen, and his drive to get things right. I would love to see what will happen if he has a chance to put those talents to work on the core of the game.

From August to March the devs go from one event to another. In his case that has included not only providing new gear, but also making welcome changes to event mechanics. This comes at a cost of limited development time and resources. I have fond hopes that the extended break from events following Lucky will give him and his colleagues several months to work on expansion and improvement. Heaven knows this mature game can use some new life.
Derrin_Watson

Postby Gary_ » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:56 pm

+1 Well said Derrin
Gary_

Postby Shekka » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:22 pm

Derrin_Watson wrote:I concur with those who would rather not have a new event, but for a different reason.

Since his return, we have already benefitted from Lord Venan's innovation, his willingness to listen, and his drive to get things right. I would love to see what will happen if he has a chance to put those talents to work on the core of the game.

From August to March the devs go from one event to another. In his case that has included not only providing new gear, but also making welcome changes to event mechanics. This comes at a cost of limited development time and resources. I have fond hopes that the extended break from events following Lucky will give him and his colleagues several months to work on expansion and improvement. Heaven knows this mature game can use some new life.

+1
Shekka

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:16 am

There aren't many that didn't want a new event in the thread. Even then, they said 'unless it's tied to raiding'.

I would like a new event as most of them are great. However let's have new content ahead of another event that is cool but only once per year. The game feels painted into a corner now given levels 35-40 gave us some more health and some abilities clearly designed only with pvp in mind. Most of them aren't even used.
Last edited by Illy_the_Red on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:54 pm

First, I agree with the thought we have enough events. A while back I played another game hardcore that had constant events. I burned out in 6 months and never went back. Admittedly, part of the issue was that to complete many events you had to completely have luck on your side. They would have crap like a dungeon and sometimes you would enter and your whole team would be dead before it was even your turn if RNG was against you.

Illy_the_Red wrote:levels 35-40 gave us some more health and some abilities clearly designed only with pvp in mind.

Question: does everyone else just use the gem abilities for pve?
Bbbb

Postby AmyLoo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:38 pm

Very well said Derrin.
AmyLoo

Postby Mr_Op » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:21 am

@Bbbb last stand in OS seems like a good choice for sw
Mr_Op

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions