Mega Topic: Silver from dailies

What would you like to see in future updates?

Mega Topic: Silver from dailies

Postby HornPub » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:07 am

Is awesome :D i mean in 3 years time ill be able to purchase a diamond graver how awesome is that? :)

They really outdid themselves with this one. Hats off to venan (Applause)
HornPub

Re: Silver from dailies

Postby RW_eagle » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:31 am

500 silver from 75 vile, Dalies just took a huge leap in the wrong direction. Multiply by 10x, may be worth it.
RW_eagle

Postby Vexis_Larseker » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:22 am

Agreed., the amount should be at least 10 times greater
Vexis_Larseker

Postby CheMClarc » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:47 pm

The reason that the silver is only 1000 at the max level is because the daily quest system is currently tied to all level ranges. Hero Tokens can easily be gained through raids or by completing the new weekly quests that players haven't experienced yet.

We made most of the weekly quests earn a good amount of hero tokens which increase depending on the level of difficulty of the quest. Players will be able to earn hero tokens at a better rate with the weekly quests once we turn them on. Weekly quests will be turned on randomly (mostly targeted to start on the weekend) and players will have a limited amount of time to accept and complete them. We adjusted the daily quests to silver to incorporate the addition of these new quests.

There are other rewards that we can change the daily rewards to if player do not enjoy the silver reward but high level character won't be satisfied until we are able to make a change in the daily quest system to make rewards scale based on level.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Zodiac_ » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:22 pm

Would it not be more useful if the amount of silver given varies depending on the level of the character?
My daily quest today was to kill 75 mobs in the vile realm and for that amount of effort (if I did nothing else on BOH that day) is a waste of time. Alternatively, if I had just wanted to earn 1000 silver, then I could have killed a few mobs and I would have earned that amount within a few seconds. The daily quest seems so pointless.
Zodiac_

Postby SAVAGE_1776_ » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:29 pm

Well, if I get the db from normal play, I get. If I don't I don't. But until it gets adjusted Glenfort better get a good fire dept going!
SAVAGE_1776_

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:12 pm

Until you make a change in the daily quest system? Like the change you...just did?

I think the point was hugely missed. Players wanted a reward for dailies that made them want to do them. Now, HT wasn't good in the long run because a) people max HT eventually, or raid past a level where the rewards are vastly better than any daily bonus, and b) 25 HT at max level of daily is still very very poor even for a low level/might character.

A poor reward has been exchanged for a poor reward...make players want to do the dailies, and they will do them. It doesn't need to scale, just make the reward attractive to whatever toon completes them. Is 5 or 10k silver really going to be that hard to implement? Or is it because it disrupts the 'we want silver to be a chase item' direction the game has gone in?

Silver is already a chase item. You need millions of silver in diamond gravers just to transfer your enchants from item A to item B. Meet your player base halfway and at least make it slightly easier to get it. Forcing them down the gs route will backfire.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:24 pm

Instead of tying the reward to level, can each daily have its own silver value? For example, the Vile Realm ones may pay 5,000 silver but if you get a low level one like Kill Lockbolt (not sure if that is a real one, been so long since I have a toon at that level), you might only get 100 silver.
Bbbb

Postby _ACID_ » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:55 pm

Bbbb wrote:Instead of tying the reward to level, can each daily have its own silver value? For example, the Vile Realm ones may pay 5,000 silver but if you get a low level one like Kill Lockbolt (not sure if that is a real one, been so long since I have a toon at that level), you might only get 100 silver.

That's not a bad compromise. The earn x hero score to tie in with the 50 vile feat also should be on the same level
_ACID_

Postby Contingency » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Silver rewards are way off. Try multiplying the daily reward amount by a person's level and you'll be in a good place. I get 5000 silver from a dungeon boss, but only 1000 for a daily reward?? Dailies are still far from worthwhile. Offer me something over 20k and you'll have my attention. Or some new prestige currency like medals in the arena.
Contingency

Next

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions