Mega Topic: Off Hand Gem Slots

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: 2-handed vs 1-handed weapons...and gems

Postby DreamingDæmon » Wed May 21, 2014 2:18 am

B4Play wrote:Plus for onslaught, you need to buy 2 elixirs as the second one makes a huge difference - much more than the other classes where you can get by with just one.

Yeah the SW is hugely disadvantaged in Onslaught compared to the massively OP Justi who rarely needs elixirs at all to get a crazy-high RPP... XD

Regards the OP, I get what you're saying, though I personally prefer the flexibility of more gems with a lower effect from each, many others agree with you.
The only method to implement what you're asking for would be to make 1h main weapons give the same gem bonus as 2h weapons, and remove gem slots from shields /offhand weapons altogether. As a shield/offhand already can't take enchants, this would reduce the attraction of using the 2x 1h even further (for classes other than SW). Due to the increase in effect of main hand, would necessarily see the cost of the main weapon increase as well (and the cost of the shields/offhands decrease proportionately).
Without the effect from gems, there would be little incentive to upgrade, as the effect between a t6 heavy shield and a t16 heavy shield would be nothing more than the Defence bonus - for offhands, it would be only the damage.

Of course, we could always allow SWs access to 2h instead. I can't see any issues at all with a Deathwishing 40k SW with a 2h Axe... quite aside from the movie stereotype of ninjas leaping across the rooftops and sneaking through the shadows with an axe that weighs as much as they do... :-p

EDIT: This post, and the two immediately preceding it, were originally in a separate thread that has since been combined. Where I refer to the OP, this was LadyBauer's post. I am replying solely to these two posts, B4 was replying solely to LadyBauer...

I hate merged threads, they wreck the narrative!
DreamingDæmon

2h wm and justis need to buy 4 gems less

Postby HornPub » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:24 am

This is quite an issue especially for lower might characters i see no reason as to why they get this privilege simply because they play a certain style. i think this should he adressed
HornPub

Re: 2h wm and justis need to buy 4 gems less

Postby EricM » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:42 am

A better title might have been "Why do 1h toons need to buy four extra gems?"

But yeah, I've always wondered this myself, but in the grand scheme of things, its a pretty minor issue. There isn't exactly an easy fix to it outside of lower gem costs for shadow walkers, which would force venan to lower prices for those bundles and whatnot just to satisfy one class - which didn't really seem worth the trouble. Regarding gems, equipment, levels - you'll eventually have enough of them all... essence really ends up being the only limiting factor. Most characters will max the rest long long long before they near lv 9 enchants.
EricM

Postby Zombie_Princess_Kenny » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:04 am

Happiness wrote:This is quite an issue especially for lower might characters i see no reason as to why they get this privilege simply because they play a certain style. i think this should he adressed

You're the one who chose Shadow Walker, so deal with it. The speed and crits a shadow walker can achieve more than makes up for them not having a 2h option.
Zombie_Princess_Kenny

Postby HornPub » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:21 am

Zombie_Princess_Kenny wrote:
Happiness wrote:This is quite an issue especially for lower might characters i see no reason as to why they get this privilege simply because they play a certain style. i think this should he adressed

You're the one who chose Shadow Walker, so deal with it. The speed and crits a shadow walker can achieve more than makes up for them not having a 2h option.

im talking about the fact you have to buy 4 gems more as a one hand opposed to 2 hand so get out you troll, didnt say anything about not having a 2 hand option
HornPub

Postby Zombie_Princess_Kenny » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:55 am

Happiness wrote:
Zombie_Princess_Kenny wrote:

im talking about the fact you have to buy 4 gems more as a one hand opposed to 2 hand so get out you troll, didnt say anything about not having a 2 hand option

You're complaining about being a forced 1h as a sw (thats what it boils down to) and you dont HAVE to buy any gems. That's YOUR choice. Like i said when you complained about pvp rng, Grow a pair and take your fate like a man. You willingly chose sw, so you basically forced yourself to buy 4 extra gems.
Zombie_Princess_Kenny

Postby Bimbosigliere » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:20 am

DELETED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Zombie_Princess_Kenny » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:25 am

Bimbosigliere wrote:
Zombie_Princess_Kenny wrote:Grow a pair and take your fate like a man.

Considering how often you like to say this in the forums I'm going to assume that your pair haven't popped yet. I mean, the alternative is you're an eunuch, in which case I can understand your frustration and gender confusion. And since in modern times harems are scarce, your ability for fruitful employment is rather limited.

Yes, I seem to recall a disclaimer when picking SW that said "you will have to earn 14,000 more valor than a JUSTI or wm for no added benefit. Are you sure you want to choose SW?"

Poor Happiness

How did you figure out my secret? I'm worried you're stalking me now
Zombie_Princess_Kenny

Postby Bbbb » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:10 am

Bimbosigliere wrote:Yes, I seem to recall a disclaimer when picking SW that said "you will have to earn 14,000 more valor than a JUSTI or wm for no added benefit. Are you sure you want to choose SW?"

You forgot the other disclaimer. "You will have to stay almost dead all the time unless you want to hit like a 3 year old with a butter knife."
Bbbb

Re: Mega Topic: Off Hand Gem Slots

Postby Sir_TâpsØlòt » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:11 am

Bbbb wrote:
Bimbosigliere wrote:Yes, I seem to recall a disclaimer when picking SW that said "you will have to earn 14,000 more valor than a JUSTI or wm for no added benefit. Are you sure you want to choose SW?"

You forgot the other disclaimer. "You will have to stay almost dead all the time unless you want to hit like a 3 year old with a butter knife."

^^ This is so true. DW is a fail concept. Get rid of that crap and just buff our base damage to compensate for that garbage. Can't tell you how many times I've gotten surprise attacked in P2 and P3 of PM and instantly die because SW is forced to hang on the verge of death just to do semi decent damage output compared to WM or JC. I have to sit under 1794 health to be in my DW zone. You all have seen the damage potential from the PM bosses. It only takes one hit to die at that health level. And don't tell us to use health gems because that will make us even weaker than we already are. Oh, and another thing, we are forced to buy haste elixir just to use DW in PM. Ever try to DW PM without haste? My best is 5 waves in P2 before I died. Maybe they should have a tournament to see what SW can last the longest number of waves in P2 without pots or elixers lol :lol:
Sir_TâpsØlòt

Previous

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions