Mega Topic: Low RPP Mercs/ Mercs Trapped in Raids

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Merc contribution

Postby 91Romeo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:56 am

Spartanmerc wrote:So the short answer, as Rome said, is "No".

:D
91Romeo

Re: Merc contribution- RPP Pool for Mercs

Postby Keis » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:20 am

A rather different idea. I was recently in a (just) failed raid where 5 mercs together contributed less dmg than the top contributor. My idea would be to give no rewards at all to ppl contributing less than (say) 25% of the raid average. This would still not prevent sabotage - maybe we need a blacklist system for that
Keis

Booting unresponsive mercs in raids (once gain)

Postby YourDaddy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:00 am

After hosting yet another raid where 2 mercs came in at the beginning of the Kraken raid and yet only had 1 & 2 kills respectively, will Guild owners ever be given the ability to boot these (what I call) space wasters?
YourDaddy

Re: Booting unresponsive mercs in raids (once gain)

Postby ImSoSmart_S_M_R_T » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:35 am

It be nice to get rid of those waste but in same time what if I was a merc waste a whole bunch of e and the guile master is in second spot n decide to kick me out just to be first.... use to be a problem before. Need to find a balance
ImSoSmart_S_M_R_T

Postby ABOH_O_Shinote » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:29 pm

The ability by a guild officer core to set a min rpp before the raid starts would solve this and not allow exploitation.

Want to join our Vallus then as a merc you have to do 4000 rpp before you show on the leader boards for rewards.

One of the problems is the achievement of attending raids. If I was a certain type of person I would just spam raid after raid only doing 1 hit.
ABOH_O_Shinote

Postby YourDaddy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:53 am

Or even being able to set it up as "you don't get at least 3000 rpp (less for small raids, more for bigger raids) this raid doesn't even count towards your 'total raids participated in' " would make me happy! :)

Who knows, maybe that's too harsh, but seeing someone come in at the start of a raid and finish with 100-250 rpp just chaps my hide!
YourDaddy

Postby routters » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:45 am

A novice character starts with 12e, so a full burn for them is 975RPP (12/2*100+25+50+75+100+125). It would be nice to get at least a full burn from every player. Maybe a merc is in jeopardy of being booted if they have less than 1000RPP invested?
routters

Balance Issue with Booting

Postby Bj_Knows » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:52 am

NoMoreMeds wrote:It be nice to get rid of those waste but in same time what if I was a merc waste a whole bunch of e and the guile master is in second spot n decide to kick me out just to be first.... use to be a problem before.

Venan had many complaints about wrongly booted characters, before v1.6 resolved the issue.

Booting also has to deal with the Raid balance issue:
Bj_DWR wrote:I do not see Venan ever implementing a "Boot Character" option in Raids. If Venan did implement a "Boot Character" option, you could have an infinite number of characters in a Raid. Just use up all your Energy Bar, boot the character, bring in another fully charged character, repeat. It already appears that several large Guilds have more than 100 characters. Inactive characters are booted, then come back to the Guild with no loss of Loyalty since they are rejoining the same Guild (Stealth Members).
cont. https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3838

Note: v1.5 Guilds would often rescue Baby Guild Raids by bringing in their highest Might character from another Guild, emptying their Energy Bar, then leaving the Baby Guild. So Venan has already seen Raids in the past with more characters than the Guild/ Raid Cap allows.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Guild Feature Requests & Suggestions- Low RPP Mercs

Postby WonderTwinFormOfa » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Be able to do something about mercs who come in and only hit once the entire raid. Squatters who are only doing it for achv. Takes up merc slots that could go to someone who would actually help. Should be able to contact current mercs from guild screen.
WonderTwinFormOfa

Merc Blacklist Discussion

Postby Pappas_BoL » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:03 pm

New Subject
Merc Blacklist Discussion

OLD Subject
Update Request to Battle Skunks- Merc Blacklist

Venan,

Can we implement a Merc blacklist specific for each guild? A GM could add a user ID to the list and then that user would be unable to join any of that guild's raids. We can already "block" or "ignore" specific users, so why not be able to block a certain user from your raids?

We have been skunked by the same user 5 times this week in Knight Tier raids. Despite repeated messages and whispers and warnings, he continues to show up near the beginning of the raid, hit once (sometimes twice) and then disappear for the rest of the raid.

I know that we can password protect our raids, but the truth there is that the new "raid finder" function (which I think is great btw) makes password protecting less functional. A lot of people aren't gonna read global anymore for MERC calls. They will go to the raid finder and if one raid is password protected then they're gonna go to the next one that isn't. Very few will go through the effort to look the guild up, find out who they need to whisper for the password, and then whisper for it. They'll probably just assume that the password is there for a sister or allied guild to begin with anyway without considering whispering for a password.

So the options are: password protect and hope for a few MERCS that maybe whisper for password -or- open it up and leave our raid at the mercy of possible skunks (or in our case at the moment, at least 1 almost guaranteed skunk)

Unfortunately, the problem of skunks persists and needs to be addressed. A raid blacklist for each guild would 100% solve this problem.

Please :)
Pappas_BoL

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions