Mega Topic: Text Only Mail Discussion

What would you like to see in future updates?

Mail to more than one player?

Postby Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:02 am

Is there a way to send mail to more than 1 player, besides sending it to the entire guild? Like if I want to send a mail to all Officers?

Can I separate their usernames with a ";" and it work?
Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda

Re: Mail to more than one player?

Postby Bbbb » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:19 pm

AFIAK there is no way but there badly needs to be.
Bbbb

Re: Mail to more than one player?

Postby Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:31 am

Confirmed by Beekeo, there's not a way yet...
Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda

Mails- Multiple Person/ All Rank

Postby Ethereal_ÇØP » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 am

So in my guild we were trying to send out mail to more then one person and found out you can only send out one at a time other then the entire guild. Do you all think that there should be options to send to just officers or just vets, just members, or any combination of them??? And so u all think you should be able to also send a mail to more then one person at a time???
Id like to hear what you all think!!! Depending on what i hear i will propose your thoughts to the developers!! :)
So lets hear what u have to say BOH!!!! :D
Last edited by Ethereal_ÇØP on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ethereal_ÇØP

Re: Mails

Postby Swashbuckling_DrarrrrrrgonChick » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:49 pm

It is possible to send mail to the whole guild at a time. It could be useful to be able to send mail to certain groups within the guild too, such as officers.
Swashbuckling_DrarrrrrrgonChick

Re: Mails

Postby Xander7 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:01 pm

Yes there is a checkbox at top of mail to send to entire guild.
Xander7

Re: Mails- Multiple Person/ All Rank

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:14 pm

crazzy_nightmare wrote:Do you all think that there should be options to send to just officers or just vets, just members, or any combination of them??? And so u all think you should be able to also send a mail to more then one person at a time???

Venan is not building a mail client which is sad, no multiple people, but glad, working on rest of game.

Currently, Several Guilds use LiverJournal or BlogSpot or Google+ which let you set up different filters/ lists/ emails.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Red for Guild, White for Private

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:17 pm

Xander7 wrote:Yes there is a checkbox at top of mail to send to entire guild.

It would be nice if Guild mail was one color (say red) and private mail was another color (say white). I keep deleting private mail, thinking I have 3 copies (three characters in same Guild) and being upset I lost the mail. Since the game treats Guild mail different from private mail, a heads up would be appreciated.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Mails- Multiple Person/ All Rank

Postby doodllz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:37 am

I have asked Beekeo about developments to the mail client; Beekeo said the developers are focusing on the games content more opposed to a better mail client. They are aware the mail system needs improving; but their priority is in favour to the game content.

There's also the funding aspect to consider, Venan probably needs more funding to focus on developing a better mail client -that is probably the reason why they are focusing on game content as it'll generate more sales than than an useful mail client.

Maybe we should wait and see, I think Venan will get there eventually as they are doing a great job as it is. In the meantime we have a forum where we can mail to our hearts content. ;)
doodllz

Mail Folders

Postby JuicyPukePie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:15 am

I like to store mail. Particularly as a merc, I like keeping raid success and raid reports to remember who I've raided with, both guild and individual members. The raid successes have the guild name in the subject line and makes for easy recall.

Needless to say, it gets pretty clustered. If I could separate the two into folders and another folder for personal mails, that'd be wonderful and a real time saver when looking through the data.

This works with my guild toons as well; being able to file each raid report under a folder for each respected raid, it becomes really easy to review each tier of the guild's members and their activity.

It'd be nifty and convenient.
JuicyPukePie

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions