Spanish (Español) Issues - Post here!

Report issues with the different translations of the game.

Spanish (Español) Issues - Post here!

Postby Little_Mike » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:59 pm

Please post any Spanish (Español) issues you may have encountered in the game. We will work with our localization team to fix these issues as soon as we can.

When reporting please give as much detail as you can.

- What is the exact text that is wrong?
- Why is it wrong? (Wrong context? Incorrect translation? Etc.)
- Where did you encounter the erroneous translation? (Quest? Combat? Shop? Etc.)

Thanks for your help in making Book of Heroes better!
Little_Mike

Re: Spanish (Español) Issues - Post here!

Postby Tharandir » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:11 am

Hello, friends.
First of all thanks for your time and this great game. And sorry for any mistake in my English (Spanish is my mother language).
Since I started playing I have noticed lots of mistakes in the Spanish version of BoH, some mayor and some minor. This is not a critic to your work in any way. You guys do a superb work and I know it's difficult to translate a game this big. Anyway, here I go:
- The store at the Colosseum is called "puntuación". That is Spanish for "score". It should say " tienda". Almost every Spanish new player thinks there is no Colosseum store at all. After the last update there were hundreds of "why there is no Colosseum store anymore?".
- "Might" should always be translated as "poder". In the might required for some items at the colosseum store it's translated as " fuerza", Spanish for "strength". That generates confusion, as lot's of users think that it has something to do with red gems.
- The attack "ram" should be translated as "embestir" (verb) or "embestida" (substantive) instead of "carnero" (Spanish for horned male sheep).
- Dragon Keeper at Dragonmoor should be "Dragón Guardián" instead of "Guardián del Dragón" (keeper of the dragon).
- Hunters Folly should be "La Locura del Cazador" instead of "La Tontería del Cazador" (Hunters Stupidity).
- Mail at justis armor description should be "malla" and not "correo" (Spanish for postal or e mail).
- Queen Bogworm should be "Reina Gusano del Pantano".
- Overlord View should be "Mirador del Señor" instead of "Opinión del Señor"
- Nested Perch should be "Percha con Nidos" instead of "Perca Anidada". "Perca" is the fish.
... And lots and lots like those.

One of the most important things is that all quest and story texts are almost meaningless and, sadly, lots of Spanish users can't follow the thread of the story.

I don't know if it's easy or hard to amend this mistakes. I suppose is not. I don't know either if you want me to help you with the translations. I have plenty of time (I'm jobless right now) and would gladly help you if you send me the texts.
Also, please tell me if you want me to mail you more mistakes or not.
Thanks again for your time.
Best regards.
Tharandir

Postby CheMClarc » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:03 pm

We hear some chatter throughout the game on our changes to Spanish localization. Please post any issues you have encountered while playing the game. Thanks for your help!
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Mitt0 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:55 pm

Hello. These words are in my opinion, that remain unclear, after the upgrade.
For example:

Gremio..... Hermandad
Aparejo...... Equipo
Melé. ....... Resistencia Física
Rufián. .... Caminante
Justicar ..... Justiciar
gigante ...... Mamotreto
Calzas
Escarceras
Calzones
Manteo
Hachuela
Doble filo

And raid's names,attacks of toons, think the dungeons so. The missions, I don't have missions but I think more and more issues.
It's terrific.
Mitt0

Return to Localization Issues