German (Deutsch) Issues - Post here!

Report issues with the different translations of the game.

Re: German (Deutsch) Issues - Post here!

Postby beekeo » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:42 am

Hi folks! I apologize for the rocky start, improvements to the German translation will be included in future updates.

Discussions for how to best leverage the your language skills are still ongoing. Some of the early corrections suggested here have already been sent to our translation partner for review.

Medea- I checked the forum moderation history, I can't find any deletions related to this thread, was it posted here?
beekeo

Postby Ripple » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:20 pm

No you misunderstood my post. I wrote all the phrases down while playing, I did not put them in here. To fix all of this is goong to take a lot of time and to explain where every single mistake is found and why it is wrong.

It sounds like a random google translation, the problem is: German grammar is difficult due to articles and each word having dozens of endings.

The game misuses them almost everywhere. Dative, accusative, genitive forms are mixed up on all endings. I cant believe that a native speaker translated this.

Think about this please, I am not begging, but give Tacita and me (native speakers) a chance to help you (more effective than posting everything here.

Like give me a textdocument full of strings and where those are used and you will get a 99% flawless translation out of it. Just saying. :)

Greetings!
Ripple

Postby Tacita » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:50 pm

beekeo wrote:Some of the early corrections suggested here have already been sent to our translation partner for review.

I've noticed today that some improvements have been made.
I don't understand how or who decided which suggestions were put to practice and which not. For example why is the description of Neurotoxic Stab updated and not Toxic Blade or Rend, although both had/have similar problems? Or why has Staff-Mastery (Mitarbeiter-Beherrschung :D ) been changed and not Stagger? Or why not the two typos in Spirit Link and Shattering Force? I can understand why the late suggestions haven't been realized but not why the earlier ones have been done in a way that looks like someone has skimmed through them and picked some randomly.

Ripple wrote:It sounds like a random google translation, the problem is: German grammar is difficult due to articles and each word having dozens of endings.

The game misuses them almost everywhere. Dative, accusative, genitive forms are mixed up on all endings. I cant believe that a native speaker translated this.

Think about this please, I am not begging, but give Tacita and me (native speakers) a chance to help you (more effective than posting everything here).

+1
Tacita

Postby LadyMedea » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Fazit: Venan is not willing or able or interested in a good German version. It's a shame. No wonder so many good players quit now.
LadyMedea

Das Spiel stürzt beim Einloggen ab.

Postby Kurocity » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:10 am

Hallo,
Ich habe folgendes Problem:
Direkt nach dem letzten Patch war es mir mit meinem Main Kuro nicht mehr möglich in den Shop oder zur Skillverteilung zu kommen, da das Spiel beim druck auf den jeweiligen Ort abstürzte. PvP und Raids waren aber immernoch möglich. Nach 2 Tagen war es dann soweit, dass ich mich nicht mehr einloggen konnte. Das Spiel stürzte direkt nach dem Laden am Screen mit dem "Weiter" Button ab.
Ich hoffe ihr könnt mir bei diesem Problem helfen euer Spiel ist wirklich super.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Kuro
Kurocity

Previous

Return to Localization Issues