2.0 Justicar Build

Share your PvP strategies, tips, and builds with your fellow gladiators.

2.0 Justicar Build

Postby ZacaJoJo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:26 am

Hi,

I just started the game few weeks ago, and I am currently level 19. I would like your help as it is really hard to play PvP, and I struggle a lot with my 2h justicar: "overall reccord 65 victories for 41 defeats".

Here's my abilities tree:

3- Brutal Strike
3- Cleave
0- Condemn
2- Weapon Focus
1- Stunning Blow

0- Radiant Light
0- Wound
3- Elder Fury
0- Execute
0- Smite

3- Rend
0- Spirit Link
2- Seismic Slash
0- Heavenly Wave
0- Backswing

1- Heroic Will
0- Juggernaut
1- Frenzy
0- Vengeance
0- Stagger

For gems, I try to max Melee (Red), Haste (Yellow) and Crit Power (Blue).

I played few justicars 1h who were very good, a lot of incredible WM and some really ennoying SW :D

Please if you have any advice, that would be so great!
ZacaJoJo

Re: 2.0 Justicar Build

Postby Sàlád_ » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:50 pm

1 tip for justi get jugg auto win
Sàlád_

Postby ZacaJoJo » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:37 pm

Monster_Salad wrote:1 tip for justi get jugg auto win

That´s it? So I just add jugg and you think my build is perfect?

Don't you think I should try to play 1h + shield? Or try to go full HP with the red gems? Or lear more spirit skills?
ZacaJoJo

Postby Phrarr » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:36 am

ZacaJoJo wrote:

That´s it? So I just add jugg and you think my build is perfect?

Don't you think I should try to play 1h + shield? Or try to go full HP with the red gems? Or lear more spirit skills?

Juggernaut + Heroic will, stun, knock back and thinking what choose next and gg. I hate justi juggernaut :]
Phrarr

Postby Nevla_Nom » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:25 am

Word. Juggernaut combined with Heroic will and the knockbacks if insanely overpowered, especially since Heroic Will makes you bypass the starting cooldowns. Go for it if you want to win! :)
Nevla_Nom

Postby EricM » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:43 am

Nevla_Nom wrote:

Word. Juggernaut combined with Heroic will and the knockbacks if insanely overpowered, especially since Heroic Will makes you bypass the starting cooldowns. Go for it if you want to win! :)

I'm getting the feeling that this is part of the combat triangle. After my limited re-entry into pvp as of 2 days ago (only around 120 matches fought since), it's looking like justicars are strong vs mages (due to jug), mages are strong vs SWers, and SWers are strong vs justicars.
EricM

Postby Nevla_Nom » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:40 am

EricM wrote:
Nevla_Nom wrote:

SWers are strong vs justicars.

Are they really? I'm getting the feeling that SW is not strong against anyone. Especially since i've seen good SW players complain. :?

To me it seems a bit weird with a rock-paper-scissor system. Shouldn't all classes have a fair chance against all classes?

Also, I get the feeling that Venan overlooked the heroic will bypassing starting cooldowns.

Anyway, the best opening for a mage aginst justi seems to be to launch an ice lance and hope he misses his first attack and screwing up his rotation. It is impossible to defend against all the knockbacks and/or stun due to defend cooldown.
Nevla_Nom

Postby ZacaJoJo » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:20 pm

Phrarr wrote:Juggernaut + Heroic will, stun, knock back and thinking what choose next and gg. I hate justi juggernaut :]

Thanks a lot :)

But just to be sure, what you call "knock back" is actually the "backswing" skill right?
ZacaJoJo

Postby Phrarr » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:32 pm

ZacaJoJo wrote:
Phrarr wrote:Juggernaut + Heroic will, stun, knock back and thinking what choose next and gg. I hate justi juggernaut :]

Thanks a lot :)

But just to be sure, what you call "knock back" is actually the "backswing" skill right?

I don't have justi, but knock back is like ice lance, it's add time to opponent cast time skill
Phrarr

Postby EricM » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:16 pm

Nevla_Nom wrote:Are they really? I'm getting the feeling that SW is not strong against anyone. Especially since i've seen good SW players complain. :?

To me it seems a bit weird with a rock-paper-scissor system. Shouldn't all classes have a fair chance against all classes?

Also, I get the feeling that Venan overlooked the heroic will bypassing starting cooldowns.

Anyway, the best opening for a mage aginst justi seems to be to launch an ice lance and hope he misses his first attack and screwing up his rotation. It is impossible to defend against all the knockbacks and/or stun due to defend cooldown.

Can't speak for others... But at 37k pvp might, I'm really not having any serious difficulties as a shadow warrior. Chances are, those complaining don't understand diminishing returns very well.

Against the high might justi's (Me vs Purao)... Even if I mess up or have my statuses resisted, it's pretty easy to win. Likewise, vs. competent warmages (Me vs. DaK), I need to play a perfect match to even have a 50/50 chance of success and usually even one resisted caltrops is enough for my chances to win of dropping significantly. And finally, justi vs warmage (Purao vs. DaK) ends up mainly going in favor of the justi due to jugg. Seems like a rock-paper-scissors thing. Way DaK explained it was that he can either spec to beat justi's or spec to beat SWers but not both. And as a swer... It's kinda similar. I can pump up the magic resist and dodge to fight warmages or pump up the haste/melee resist to fight justi's. Since the current high might meta game is mainly warmages, I choose the magic resist/dodge and take my chances vs. justi's.

I know this is only three high might pvpers... But speaking as a swer, I'm confident the problem isn't with the class. It's balanced well.

Then again... I'm still winning 80-90%+ of my matches, so maybe I'm just unreliably overpowered lol ;p
EricM

Next

Return to PvP Strategy