PvP Challenge Matches

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

PvP Challenge Matches

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:10 pm

I have an idea for an interesting new mini-game. Two players go head to head in a competition to eliminate as many enemies as possible in two minutes. It would be against onslaught waves but in the Coliseum, fighting by PvP rules: no pots, no runes, no elixirs but you can choose the build. If your toon dies, you lose... or maybe it's whoever has the highest RPP wins, period.

Each player pays 3 resolve and selects a valor tier. The players face a series of random waves from the raids in that valor tier, including the bosses. The payouts are equal to the raids in question. At the end, the players receive the equivalent amount of valor or marks that the RPP would generate for the raids. The option to get marks instead of valor is chosen up front.

The only question is how to account for different levels and might between toons. Any ideas?
Last edited by Derp_looks_like_a_Lady on Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Re: PvP Challenge Matches

Postby Bimbosigliere » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:37 am

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 pm

You'd have to account for class differences somehow. SWs can only really be effective in OS on Death Wish. So without healing it's obvious what would happen. Justicars would also be automatically handicapped in an OS competition.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:46 am

That's odd because my Justis do one wave better than my WMs
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Would it be better with normal waves and no onslaught?
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:42 am

Dэяраliсюцs wrote:Would it be better with normal waves and no onslaught?

Probably. You'd still have the problem that to do comparable damage, SWs need Death Wish. So a no-healing type of system would likely not work equally across classes.

It's possible for Justi to do very well at OS, but the class overall has always been the worst at it. My Mage was doing better than virtually everyone in most OS I tried her in and I don't really know the rotations properly yet. It just naturally feels very easy (maybe 'intuitive' is a kinder word) as a Mage.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:58 pm

Would solo player wave speed challenges work in a raid environment better? Let's say, the same two minute period but allow for pots, runes, etc but not onslaught.

It might also work just as a solo raid to gain valor and it ends at two minutes but players can use as much energy as they can in that period then it's finished as gold. Not a player vs. player challenge; just a solo raid.
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:35 pm

Dэяраliсюцs wrote:Would solo player wave speed challenges work in a raid environment better? Let's say, the same two minute period but allow for pots, runes, etc but not onslaught.

It might also work just as a solo raid to gain valor and it ends at two minutes but players can use as much energy as they can in that period then it's finished as gold. Not a player vs. player challenge; just a solo raid.

I like that idea :)
Illy_the_Red

Return to PvP Discussion