Suggestion for PvP Challenge

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

Re: Suggestion for PvP Challenge

Postby UpAllNightToGetDerpy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:55 pm

Bimbosigliere wrote:
SnarkyShark wrote:I've never seen a raid in the colosseum or where you fought a boss with no guild favors, elixirs, health pots or runes and the boss died after one time.

I did once. It was in 'Nam. 12 of us, all that was left of our unit, we were pinned down by a battalion of VC. We had no illusions that we would get out of there alive. But we were brothers. Maybe not by blood, cuz we all had different mothers, but when you've gone through hell and back you create a bond. Actually, Johnson was more like a sister, cuz he liked dressing in mini skirts and high heels. Looked pretty good too, on those rare occasions when he'd shave his legs. He was from Canada, preferred to be called Shekka. We usually blamed him for everything.
Anyway, there we were, holed up in a rundown brothel in Da Nang. We were out of munitions, our radio shot to hell, and unbeknownst to us our mission had been so secret that only one person knew of it. And he had been sent back to the States cuz he had gotten himself a bad bowl of pho. The meat had been so raw it barked.
So there we were, 12 men, if you count Shekka, out of favors, elixirs, health pot and runes, with nothing but a homemade boomerang, 7 staples, slightly bent, and 58 women who kept asking us for $10. They must have had some explosives hidden away in there, cuz they kept mentioning boom boom. But, we only had $3.15 between 11 of us cuz Shekka cleaned us out in poker. And he refused to pay for any explosives cuz he "didn't swing that way." Never understood what he meant.
We were facing death, we all knew it. But, let me tell you something, when you're staring the Reaper in the face your resolve strengthens. We banded together and formulated a plan. First Stage: send Shekka out in complete Shirley Temple outfit to distract the enemy. Worked to perfection. Second Stage: the rest of us ran away to an even more rundown brothel where our $3.15 and slightly bent staples went much further. Anyway, some locals found us a month later and took us back to Saigon. We didn't lose a single man.
I recently saw YouTube videos of Shekka performing Good Ship Lollipop in Hanoi. Understand he made a lot of money but blew it all on some app game.

True story. I was there!
UpAllNightToGetDerpy

Postby Nextlite » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:45 am

Brilliant. No perma until the very last second please
Nextlite

Postby Shekka » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:12 am

Bimbosigliere wrote:
SnarkyShark wrote:I've never seen a raid in the colosseum or where you fought a boss with no guild favors, elixirs, health pots or runes and the boss died after one time.

I did once. It was in 'Nam. 12 of us, all that was left of our unit, we were pinned down by a battalion of VC. We had no illusions that we would get out of there alive. But we were brothers. Maybe not by blood, cuz we all had different mothers, but when you've gone through hell and back you create a bond. Actually, Johnson was more like a sister, cuz he liked dressing in mini skirts and high heels. Looked pretty good too, on those rare occasions when he'd shave his legs. He was from Canada, preferred to be called Shekka. We usually blamed him for everything.
Anyway, there we were, holed up in a rundown brothel in Da Nang. We were out of munitions, our radio shot to hell, and unbeknownst to us our mission had been so secret that only one person knew of it. And he had been sent back to the States cuz he had gotten himself a bad bowl of pho. The meat had been so raw it barked.
So there we were, 12 men, if you count Shekka, out of favors, elixirs, health pot and runes, with nothing but a homemade boomerang, 7 staples, slightly bent, and 58 women who kept asking us for $10. They must have had some explosives hidden away in there, cuz they kept mentioning boom boom. But, we only had $3.15 between 11 of us cuz Shekka cleaned us out in poker. And he refused to pay for any explosives cuz he "didn't swing that way." Never understood what he meant.
We were facing death, we all knew it. But, let me tell you something, when you're staring the Reaper in the face your resolve strengthens. We banded together and formulated a plan. First Stage: send Shekka out in complete Shirley Temple outfit to distract the enemy. Worked to perfection. Second Stage: the rest of us ran away to an even more rundown brothel where our $3.15 and slightly bent staples went much further. Anyway, some locals found us a month later and took us back to Saigon. We didn't lose a single man.
I recently saw YouTube videos of Shekka performing Good Ship Lollipop in Hanoi. Understand he made a lot of money but blew it all on some app game.

Hmm, saying I love you Bim... Just doesn't seem to be enough. Great recount of our younger years. Slightly embellished...
Shekka

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:46 am

Okay, those of you who skoffed at facing Vilepaw in the Coliseum because you can one shot him in pve... how was it vs. a level 40 Vilepaw?
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Spooky_Phåse404 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:35 am

Derpy_as_I_wanna_be wrote:Okay, those of you who skoffed at facing Vilepaw in the Coliseum because you can one shot him in pve... how was it vs. a level 40 Vilepaw?

Took 2 shots.
Spooky_Phåse404

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:27 am

Derpy_as_I_wanna_be wrote:Okay, those of you who skoffed at facing Vilepaw in the Coliseum because you can one shot him in pve... how was it vs. a level 40 Vilepaw?

For coliseum challenges like that, they should just scale them up to Keeper strength or ideally even higher. Killing a boss of that strength (especially if you remove the ability to heal) would be a proper challenge.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:40 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:

For coliseum challenges like that, they should just scale them up to Keeper strength or ideally even higher. Killing a boss of that strength (especially if you remove the ability to heal) would be a proper challenge.

Exactly!! It would be good for driving more people into the Coliseum.
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Previous

Return to PvP Discussion