jusies op?

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

Re: jusies op?

Postby Finnius » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:01 am

Wait...wait. There is pvp in this game?
Finnius

Postby Wyrmblight » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:17 am

DreamingDaemon wrote:
Jumper wrote:WTF??????

so venan went to toys-r-us school for the mathematical illiteracy!!!!!

Please don't associate us with this sort of math. We can give you 50% sale price and an extra 30% off if you buy today, plus 10% off if you take out our loyalty card, and you'll still pay $98.99 for a $99.99 item.

Yours,
Toys-R-Us

Sounds like VA math in the States. Say you are 30% disabled. You go back and get another rating of 30% on top of your original 30%. You would think you are 60% disabled, but nope, you are 50%. The second rating is based off of you being 70% efficiency you still have.
Wyrmblight

Postby Iolo_Ultima » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:32 am

Reading this thread makes me want to LOL. Why is it that I hardly see any post about SWs being op? I guess they are not. How about nerfing both WMs and Justi? LOL.
Iolo_Ultima

Postby Bbbb » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:49 am

Iolo_Ultima wrote:Why is it that I hardly see any post about SWs being op?

But they are. Melee SW gets the least animations of any class by far and can do OS faster than anyone (though Mage gets better RPP/E).
Bbbb

Postby DiMoSauR » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:56 am

Jumper wrote:WTF??????

so venan went to toys-r-us school for the mathematical illiteracy!!!!!

SW OP!

Yes they did!!!that's why numbers don't add up!!! The most obvious the accuracy and armor penetration!!I'm surprised they still exist
DiMoSauR

Postby EricM » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:45 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Iolo_Ultima wrote:Why is it that I hardly see any post about SWs being op?

But they are. Melee SW gets the least animations of any class by far and can do OS faster than anyone (though Mage gets better RPP/E).

Cleave is significantly faster for mobs than anything a SW can do. But I agree on the rest ;)
EricM

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:53 pm

EricM wrote:
EinsteinLovesMe wrote:just a note on embarrassing math performed by eric.....smh

percentages are not additive...geesh, where did you go to school? toys-R-us academy of mathematical illiteracy????

first lets assume venan adds the dodge and block bonus due to defend right in your base stats
57% dodge + 10% defend = 67%
12% block + 20% defend = 32%

(I am making an assumption here that these are simply added when defend is pushed).

secondly, assume that if dodge is proced, there is no defend roll.

so 67% chance to dodge, then out of the remaining 33%, you have a 32% chance to block that, i.e. this occurs 10.6% of the time.

Therefore, you will avoid seismic 77.6% of the time....not 99% !!!!!!

Note that if block roll comes before dodge, nothing changes (you'll block 32% of time and dodge 45.6% of time for a total of 77.6%)

Think that even with lets say 75% dodge and 50% block, seismic would still land 12.5% of the time.

They're additive lol. Don't be doubting my math ;) it's one of those little known boh pvp secrets. Confirmed with Dave a few weeks ago. I thought the same way you did until I realized seismic hits me a lot less often than 24% of the time through defends. So I decided to check. With enough dodge and block, you'd never get hit cleanly (except by crits, which can still occur.)

It's why my advice to every SW for the past few months has been to go shield + pump up dodge.

Think of it as a d100 roll. With 50% dodge and 30% block, the roll happens something like 1-50 = dodge, 51-80 = block, 81-100 = hit.

See, if what you are saying is true Eric, then it makes how I read most of the enchant descriptions with a huge grain of salt a proper approach.

If studying the game mechanics over the past 3 years has taught me anything, its that none of the mechanics work at face value...there is ALOT of behind the curtain tweaks, shifts and stats that go unmentioned but definitely affect game play. You cant always trust what you read in the game descriptions....it may not work following a conventional interpretation.
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby Bbbb » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:48 am

EricM wrote:Cleave is significantly faster for mobs than anything a SW can do. But I agree on the rest ;)

Actually, OHK Poison Cloud, which I do most of the time now, is just as fast. Pyre isn't too bad either, but I barely use my mage on regular mobs as it is just more junk essence (I have enough to refine as it is).
Bbbb

Postby Bbbb » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:52 am

Mithrid wrote:there is ALOT of behind the curtain tweaks, shifts and stats that go unmentioned but definitely affect game play.

I've become convinced that elixirs affect crit rate (positively). Either that or I'm having really odd luck with the RNG. I talked to a couple of people and they suspect the same as well....
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:59 am

Bbbb wrote:
Mithrid wrote:there is ALOT of behind the curtain tweaks, shifts and stats that go unmentioned but definitely affect game play.

I've become convinced that elixirs affect crit rate (positively). Either that or I'm having really odd luck with the RNG. I talked to a couple of people and they suspect the same as well....

I suspected something similar a while ago to do with enemy resists in LoB. It could be observation bias but I've felt for months that enemy resist rate got worse when elixired then when you aren't. I run without elixirs most of the time, so when using them it just seems to go more in my favour. Not sure.
Illy_the_Red

PreviousNext

Return to PvP Discussion