Page 5 of 6

Re: Flame Warden

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:08 pm
by Bimbosigliere
Gotta extend thanks to Venan! They finally listened to the average casual player in making the Flame Warden class; by far the most casual user friendly of all the new classes!! You enter a battle and you choose an attack, any attack.... While waiting for it to finish you've got time to prepare your coffee. Come back, choose another attack, any attack, except, of course, the one you just chose prior, since that's still on cool down... Now you've got time to sip your coffee and peruse the news, or maybe the BoH forums. Now that the morning is waning away you come back to do a third attack, any attack....except the first one, and obviously not the second one. Cool down, you understand. This will give you time to drive to work, at least it will if you live in L.A. like I do. If you're one of those who actually get to travel more than two miles in the space of an hour, then you may have to wait for the attack to finish. Still, it should be well on its way by the time you get to your work. By this time you should be close to finishing off the level 2 ratheen. One or two, maybe three more hits at the very most. Never need to worry about running out of e with a Flame Warden. A dungeon usually take just over a week!! Thanks, Venan. Those of us with a life salute you!!!

Re: Flame Warden

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:12 pm
by Derpy_as_I_wanna_be
I especially appreciate it in the coliseum. I pitted my flamer vs. another fire guardian and I was able to prepare dinner while waiting for my attacks to almost complete before my opponent hit me with fiery strike, causing knockback to my starting time. #slowburn

Re: Flame Warden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:38 pm
by Kenner
I have a question about whirlwind it says it increases dodge by 20% (lvl 3). My dodge indeed increased by 20% from 10 to 12. Is this how it's supposed to work as almost all other boosts to stats are actual increases in % instead of a % on a %. Because if this is how it is supposed to work the dodge boost isn't really usefull. If on the other hand it should be making 10% into 30% dodge it's a great skill

Re: Flame Warden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:11 pm
by Jawarhello
I noticed that too, Kenner. It was pretty disappointing to see how little it improves dodge but I'm hoping that isn't how it's supposed to work and it'll get fixed.

Re: Flame Warden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:27 pm
by Kenner
Jawarhello wrote:I noticed that too, Kenner. It was pretty disappointing to see how little it improves dodge but I'm hoping that isn't how it's supposed to work and it'll get fixed.

Yes me too the % on a % seems a bit lame

Re: Flame Warden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:49 am
by Bbbb
Wow, I never looked. I just assumed it was a raw addition since how that's how this game works in most places.

So more or less, we have Cleave 1 and Cleave 2 abilities.

Re: Flame Warden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:25 am
by Illy_the_Red
Another bug on the list of bugs...any word on when these will all be compiled and corrected? Fury on FK, Whirlwind/Roast on FW and (especially) DoTs on Inqusitor need urgent attention. This isn't about balance in pvp, it's about abilities being broken and simply not doing what their ability text describes. I get 75% Inqusitor fights in pvp, people are deserting it because of these problems.

Re: Flame Warden

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:03 pm
by CheMClarc
Kenner wrote:I have a question about whirlwind it says it increases dodge by 20% (lvl 3). My dodge indeed increased by 20% from 10 to 12. Is this how it's supposed to work as almost all other boosts to stats are actual increases in % instead of a % on a %. Because if this is how it is supposed to work the dodge boost isn't really usefull. If on the other hand it should be making 10% into 30% dodge it's a great skill


Fixed for the next update.

Re: Flame Warden

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:16 pm
by Kenner
Ive tried blazing unrush 3 a few times now and i know it's too soon to say anything about the duration as at this low lvls haste isn't that high so the relative haste gain from the ability is less then when you have I.e. 43% Base haste. But what does kind of bother me is that it takes a Base 0.5/0.4/0.3 time to cast. This in most cases is longer that the time gained from the ability. I suggest like heroic will, juggernaught and time void to make cast times 0.5/0.3/0.1.

Re: Flame Warden

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:53 am
by Bbbb
Kenner wrote:Ive tried blazing unrush 3 a few times now and i know it's too soon to say anything about the duration as at this low lvls haste isn't that high so the relative haste gain from the ability is less then when you have I.e. 43% Base haste. But what does kind of bother me is that it takes a Base 0.5/0.4/0.3 time to cast. This in most cases is longer that the time gained from the ability. I suggest like heroic will, juggernaught and time void to make cast times 0.5/0.3/0.1.


I've never added it to my build for this reason. I was planning on starting a post to ask if I was missing something as it seems to be 100% useless.