Inquisitor

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: Inquisitor

Postby Kenner » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:48 am

Honaj wrote:Caveat I have no idea how new classes will play and it's all in the unknown %s but a 1H pvp toon is kind of intriguing. Shield bash, shield focus and stagger with maybe block enchant and health over time passive (that's one of the new prestige skills right) and you could have an absolute tank.

Plus ability to use a staff in pve? I tried to create a 1H WM and although I am not max 1H enchants, it never felt viable. Could be fun to have a 2H pve class combined with a 1H pvp class. Looking forward to seeing how the new classes shape out!

Totally agree, for PvP shield seems the way to go. Just see it as a bonus that a staff can be used for PvE.
Kenner

Postby Saraa » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:24 am

Kenner wrote:
Honaj wrote:Caveat I have no idea how new classes will play and it's all in the unknown %s but a 1H pvp toon is kind of intriguing. Shield bash, shield focus and stagger with maybe block enchant and health over time passive (that's one of the new prestige skills right) and you could have an absolute tank.

Plus ability to use a staff in pve? I tried to create a 1H WM and although I am not max 1H enchants, it never felt viable. Could be fun to have a 2H pve class combined with a 1H pvp class. Looking forward to seeing how the new classes shape out!

Totally agree, for PvP shield seems the way to go. Just see it as a bonus that a staff can be used for PvE.

While I agree with both of you, please bear in mind that moving to staff negates the biggest KB ability this class has along with the fact that there is no slow ability or speed buff ability for using 2hand as opposed to one. Unless you're using it for mobs or the damage output is insanely high, staff is no more a viable solution for OS than sword/board is.
Saraa

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:06 am

That's why I got the impression it wasn't an option given the description specifically mentioned them as SHIELD users. What about those that won't pvp? We still have no info on how this class will keep up in terms of damage. The game is already unbalanced in top level OS without throwing more toons in that are either better or worse. Like pvp it should be about the player's choices, not a limitation caused by the class itself.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:19 am

I don't think having *any* Toons that are limited to 1h or 2h or 1h+ board but not 1hx2 is necessary. They could just make the skill sets be better for 1hx2 on certain classes (SW) and sword&board for other classes (knights) and staff for other classes (magic wielders or monk/martial art class - please?)

I mean, can you really say that a SW could not possibly pick up a 2h sword and fight? Speed is their thing but who doesn't like extra damage?
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Honaj » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:41 pm

I hear what you're saying Sara and I am a puny WM but when it comes to OS, I have never used knock back skills and only use freeze to finish off a kill. To me, damage output is key (and speed). That's why I say it's all in the %s :)
Honaj

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:52 pm

Derpy_as_I_wanna_be wrote:I don't think having *any* Toons that are limited to 1h or 2h or 1h+ board but not 1hx2 is necessary. They could just make the skill sets be better for 1hx2 on certain classes (SW) and sword&board for other classes (knights) and staff for other classes (magic wielders or monk/martial art class - please?)

I mean, can you really say that a SW could not possibly pick up a 2h sword and fight? Speed is their thing but who doesn't like extra damage?

A few people mentioned that in the feedback thread. The speed trade off is simply not worth it. I'd rather have some sort of 2H equivalent than 1H+offhand. You never quite do enough damage and need DW to push your damage up. Only you can't use DW in TSR properly without elixirs and you can't stack phys resist white gems...cos they're deliberately not there. Justicars have had a lot of their hitting power removed so are even worse at OS, and a lot of WM attacks are actually faster than SW ones despite them using 2H weapons. No wonder DMG and OS is all over the place.
Illy_the_Red

Postby CheMClarc » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:29 pm

Skills have been updated with current numbers for the upcoming update. All numbers are subjected to change in future updates.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Triple attack with Staff

Postby Bj_DWR » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:44 pm

Subject
Triple attack with staff

Currently running with a 2h Staff 1.3 speed for increased periodic damage with poison cloud.

Just did a Spirit Strike rank 1 vs a Rath'een & it attacked 3 times for a bunch of damage. Animation was like SW basic attack with dagger, but 3 vertical slashes instead of 2 diagonal slashes. Sweeet.
Bj_DWR

Staff & Periodic damage

Postby Bj_Knows » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:59 am

Subject
Staff and Periodic damage

One of the things to consider about Nature based Shadow Walkers was periodic damage. While the off hand dagger was nice for direct attacks, and passives procced off it, the 0.0 Speed meant zero increase in periodic damage from Caltrops, Poison Cloud, Minor Runes and Major Runes from Magic Rating or Melee Rating (Caltrops).

The Inquisitor does not have this problem, because they can use a 2h Staff 1.3 Speed. This was one of the huge advantages with Fire Mages, especially with Fire Mastery rank 3.

For PvE, and low level PvP, I am favoring the 2H Staff 1.3 Speed for my Inquisitor. Not only is the damage per hit higher (go Spirit Strike bonus attacks) but all the periodic damage is increased also (Note 1).

As an added bonus, Staff Attack (used instead of Basic Attack when Staff is equipped) does physical damage, but is based off your Magic Rating, so you do not need Melee Gems at low level (Basic Attack in PvP because everything else is on cool down) and just like a War Mage, at high levels you have enough class abilities you do not need Basic Attack at all.

Note 1)
Choosing a Weapon, Periodic Damage (DOT)
+ [ Bonus Damage ( shown on Stat page) * Weapon Speed ( shown on weapon ) ] +
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=31259#p31259

Sword vs Axe Pt 1 & Pt 2 (R= Expert+)
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=31488#p31488
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby pioupioute » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:37 pm

Did venan try inquisitor before releasing it ? Its so hard to play in arena.

*cast the spell that puts a poison cloud*
*then, cast what you want, even auto atack, it doesnt matter*
*your opponent is dead before the end of the spell, well done, you are a pro gamer*
pioupioute

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog