Frost Knight

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: Frost Knight

Postby Saraa » Thu May 05, 2016 11:21 am

CheMClarc wrote:Fury gives a boost in damage output while up.

Yes, Flurry causing Hypothermia which is an ice damage over time spell. Try to not think of the new classes as a "physical build" and "magical build" separations. While you can certainly play with just physical or just magical abilities, these classes were designed to mainly be hybrids and combined their skills together to get the advantage in battle.

It's all up to you on how you want to play the classes. If a Frost Knight that's not so frost is your thing then put points into just physical abilities and leave Flurry out of your build. If you want to go full Ice, maybe add Flurry into your build for an extra attack and proc Hypothermia on your enemies for extra Ice damage.

Thanks Chem! After having gone back over all the abilities prior to asking my earlier question, I had gotten the sense that you had designed them to be used in tandem. Look forward to seeing the other 2 new class builds today/tomorrow :)
Saraa

Postby Bbbb » Thu May 05, 2016 4:05 pm

CheMClarc wrote:
Bbbb wrote:
Disclaimer: I could be completely wrong. I remember initially think Assassinate was stupid.

I think you will enjoy Flash Freeze if you enjoyed Assassinate. There's plenty of abilities there to take advantage of a randomly frozen target. :)

Flash Freeze makes a lot of sense if you are low level and having trouble surviving. However, the key thing about Assassinate is that it reduces button presses and saves you time in mob onslaught (e.g. CoC) so you can get more kills done in a timer. Flash Freeze doesn't.

The end game is about doing the least work for the most gain. Flash Freeze isn't going to be a popular end game option just like pure Ice Mage builds aren't now. I do see low/mid level players finding it quite useful though.

I do want to see one word appear in the new walker type. That word is Vanish!!! It is no fair that some Goblins in the game can still cast it and we can't!!!! The day it was removed (sometime Dec 2012) was the day I started hating SWs. :lol:
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri May 06, 2016 8:23 am

CheMClarc wrote:Fury gives a boost in damage output while up.

Yes, Flurry causing Hypothermia which is an ice damage over time spell. Try to not think of the new classes as a "physical build" and "magical build" separations. While you can certainly play with just physical or just magical abilities, these classes were designed to mainly be hybrids and combined their skills together to get the advantage in battle.

It's all up to you on how you want to play the classes. If a Frost Knight that's not so frost is your thing then put points into just physical abilities and leave Flurry out of your build. If you want to go full Ice, maybe add Flurry into your build for an extra attack and proc Hypothermia on your enemies for extra Ice damage.

Unless you're willing to give more details on how these work (probably be in the notes eventually anyway), we're always going to look at these in terms of Physical/Magic. Early in the game it's actually of more benefit to pick one and develop that, because Hybrid low might builds generally aren't good. There's a reason SWs with their sucky 1H damage need 20 red gems to maximise damage, because it reduces button presses. I've had loads of questions over the years about which is preferably to develop first, and at the minute it is Nature for SWs and by extension anything that uses 1H builds. Unless you're fine with never really doing high level OS (or being rubbish at it) don't develop your physical SW builds until you've finished your Nature one. The current top raids are that bad, I can't see anyone using purely physical builds for this new character type, and hybrid will be more limited at low mights.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Fri May 06, 2016 8:37 am

CheMClarc wrote:The Frost Knights of the Vale once served a mighty dragon, which gave them their powers in ancient times. Now, they guard Glenfort from evil with their mastery of ice and cold.

So.. They served the evil Vallus (one can only assume that's the ice dragon in question) but now they have all eschewed his evil ways and they fight evil but still draw their powers from his evilness... Will they feel the draw to follow him when they do Vallus raids and quests?
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby Bbbb » Fri May 06, 2016 9:10 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:Unless you're willing to give more details on how these work (probably be in the notes eventually anyway), we're always going to look at these in terms of Physical/Magic. Early in the game it's actually of more benefit to pick one and develop that, because Hybrid low might builds generally aren't good.

At low might, you are short on gems and are often stuck with the ones that drop from dungeons and the lockbox. I had an SW that was melee against my will because that's all I would get due to luck.

If the red gems worked on diminishing returns instead of a linear (with a change in the coefficient at a cutoff point) formula, then hybrid builds might be more exciting. There is probably an old thread from Mith on this topic. If not, I am sure I have emails from him about it.
Bbbb

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Wed May 11, 2016 9:30 pm

4 AoE attacks
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby CheMClarc » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:00 pm

Skills have been updated with current numbers for the upcoming update. All numbers are subjected to change in future updates.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Kenner » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:41 pm

I was wondering, is axe mastery increasing the damage from talents or only from basic attacks? If the latter I think the skill is practically useless and this class will have low damage issues like SW.
Kenner

Postby Shekka » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:45 pm

CheMClarc wrote:Skills have been updated with current numbers for the upcoming update. All numbers are subjected to change in future updates.

Thanks for getting some numbers out! I only see updated numbers for the frost knight class. Will you also be updating the numbers for the other two classes as well as the new Prestige abilities?
Shekka

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:01 am

Does this class have the ability to use swords or is it just axes? I ask because there is a specific ability called 'axe mastery' and the picture shows them wielding an axe.
Illy_the_Red

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog