June 20th, 2014 - PvP Preview

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: PvP Preview

Postby Poppa_G » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:53 pm

Will you guys be changing the rewards? Like making it easier to get pvp tokens? Currently im getting more pvp tokens for losing than I am winning most of the time :( & ive vsed a few ppl that are double my might will this all be fixed?
Poppa_G

Postby GingerWithAFro » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:55 pm

sifizz wrote:
EricM wrote:Looks pretty fancy :p

Can't wait to try it out.

Though c'mon... silver and gold were the best league names you could come up with? ;)

I was hoping to join Glenfort's finest... The Kalindrov League.

I wouldnt worry about gold and silver league you will be in the bronze league :):)

Not only will he not be in bronze, but he will be in a league mad specifically for him "Platinum"
-The God of Pluto
GingerWithAFro

Postby CodeMonkey » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:38 pm

Otulp_Fo_Dog wrote:
sifizz wrote:
EricM wrote:Looks pretty fancy :p

Can't wait to try it out.

Though c'mon... silver and gold were the best league names you could come up with? ;)

I was hoping to join Glenfort's finest... The Kalindrov League.

I wouldnt worry about gold and silver league you will be in the bronze league :):)

Not only will he not be in bronze, but he will be in a league mad specifically for him "Platinum"

There actually is a Platinum league and several others. Gold and Silver just happened to be the two in they picture. Platinum isn't the highest either :)
CodeMonkey

Postby EricM » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:53 pm

Dave wrote:
There actually is a Platinum league and several others. Gold and Silver just happened to be the two in they picture. Platinum isn't the highest either :)

Hehe, now I'm really excited. Should be a lot of fun.
EricM

Postby Agathangelos » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:50 pm

So will Chapters 4 and 5 be dropping at the same time as this, or later?
Agathangelos

Postby Darkhorse » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:25 am

Agathangelos wrote:So will Chapters 4 and 5 be dropping at the same time as this, or later?

Later.
Darkhorse

Postby Darkhorse » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:29 am

Tacita wrote:There are a few other things I noticed...
-is that a mystical abbreviation on the first screenshot or will we be able to name our specs? :)
-4. pic... Does that mean we can no longer see the rating of everybody but only the top players?
-Kalindov or Kalindrov? I'm a bit confused :)
-what's this daily bonus?
-how long and how many replays will be saved in the replay section? Can we delete them?
- if challenging costs 1 resolve and a normal match 3 is there a difference in the payout?
-no Venan_Pink?

Oh and concerning the .42s wait time... I remember Kal saying something about a buff to initiative enchant.. Hehe... Although if something like .42 will really be possible that's maybe a bit op...

Yes you can name your specs.

You can see other people's ratings based on some filters such as You (your league), Top, and Guild I believe.

Daily bonus is for completing 4 matches and awards you with some marks (one of the new PVP currencies) and a buff to marks earned per match for the next x hours (still being worked out).

Don't quote me on this, but I think the last 20 replays are saved. One of the engineers might know better.

Normal matches are where you earn marks, have rating changes, etc. Think of challenges like "practice" where you can have a friendly fight against someone you know or maybe even put a small amount of gold shields on the line.
Darkhorse

Postby Darkhorse » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:30 am

Poppa_G wrote:Will you guys be changing the rewards? Like making it easier to get pvp tokens? Currently im getting more pvp tokens for losing than I am winning most of the time :( & ive vsed a few ppl that are double my might will this all be fixed?

The reward structure has completely changed.

You should be getting matched with more appropriate people in the new system, especially after you've done a handful of matches.
Darkhorse

Postby Sàlád_ » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:37 am

Ok venan im ready for this update to come out now just give me and eta ;)
Sàlád_

Postby Darkhorse » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:25 pm

Monster_Salad wrote:Ok venan im ready for this update to come out now just give me and eta ;)

Barring any unforeseen disaster, within the next few weeks.

*This is not a promise or a guarantee.
Darkhorse

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog