June 20th, 2014 - PvP Preview

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: PvP Preview

Postby NightSoul » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:10 am

wonderfuuuuuul!!! i love it!!!! when this wonder comes?? :D
NightSoul

Postby insert_name_here_ » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:54 am

EricM wrote:Looks pretty fancy :p

Can't wait to try it out.

Though c'mon... silver and gold were the best league names you could come up with? ;)

I was hoping to join Glenfort's finest... The Kalindrov League.

I wouldnt worry about gold and silver league you will be in the bronze league :):)
insert_name_here_

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:15 am

Little_Mike wrote:Tentatively, you can only wager 5, 10, or 25 gold shields per match, and we will take a 10% rake of the pot. As an example, both Player A and B wager 25 gold shields, and the winner would receive 45 gold shields. Technically, you would be able to send gold shields to a character, but there will be a charge every time you do it. However, we will keep a close eye on this in release and disable the feature if we discover a problem.

I think this 'feature' will cause you more trouble than its worth.
Illy_the_Red

Postby EricM » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:43 am

Ilyana wrote:I think this 'feature' will cause you more trouble than its worth.

Honestly, I'm totally confused about why this feature was even included. I've almost never heard it requested with any seriousness. But hey, guess we'll see how it plays out.
EricM

Postby Little_Mike » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:46 am

Just to go over some of the changes, everyone will have 12 resolve. It costs 3 resolve per ranked match and 1 resolve per challenge match. If you wager gold shields, it will cost 0 resolve. Regen times are still being determined.

There are actually 2 ratings, your public rating which starts at 0 and goes upwards toward 3000 and a hidden matchmaking rating. The matchmaking will only take your matchmaking rating (mmr) into account. Although might is not taken directly into account when matchmaking, your performance and therefore your mmr is greatly determined by your might. If you have low might, your mmr will not be as high as someone with higher might because you will start to lose matches as you start facing harder opponents.

Every once in a while, we will reset everyone's public rating (new season) but your hidden matchmaking rating will remain the same.
Little_Mike

Postby Tacita » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:17 am

On the last screenshot... 0.42s waiting time??
Tacita

Postby EricM » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:57 am

Tacita wrote:On the last screenshot... 0.42s waiting time??

They obviously were using a clone of your character... duh.

None of us mortals get a 0.42s advantage :p
EricM

Postby Ceka » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:35 am

x3 initiative lvl9!!
Ceka

Postby Tacita » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:19 am

There are a few other things I noticed...
-is that a mystical abbreviation on the first screenshot or will we be able to name our specs? :)
-4. pic... Does that mean we can no longer see the rating of everybody but only the top players?
-Kalindov or Kalindrov? I'm a bit confused :)
-what's this daily bonus?
-how long and how many replays will be saved in the replay section? Can we delete them?
- if challenging costs 1 resolve and a normal match 3 is there a difference in the payout?
-no Venan_Pink?

Oh and concerning the .42s wait time... I remember Kal saying something about a buff to initiative enchant.. Hehe... Although if something like .42 will really be possible that's maybe a bit op...
Tacita

Postby Poppa_G » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Im really excited! :) cant wait to see the new gear and be matched against more even players! :)
Poppa_G

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog