May 20th, 2014 - Information Overload

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: May 20th, 2014 - Information Overload

Postby ThirstyDaddy » Tue May 20, 2014 8:15 pm

what will happen with current pvp records and tokens? will it be a total reset?
ThirstyDaddy

Postby Darkhorse » Tue May 20, 2014 8:34 pm

JBarnes wrote:what will happen with current pvp records and tokens? will it be a total reset?

The interface for the leaderboard is being totally redone. Our current plan is to reset the leaderboard in between seasons (this includes Beta Pre-Season to Season 1) in a fashion similar to what most MMO/Social RPG fans have come to expect.

We're looking into possible ways that we can archive past seasons leaderboards on the forums or in some other form in case people want to look at that historical data, but I will not make any promises at this time.

We're also planning on rewarding players (starting with Season 1) with distinct vanity items that set them apart from other players and identify them as top performers in that season.

In regards to Beta tokens, as has been mentioned previously in other posts, these will be wiped once we go live, as this currency is being removed. My advice (and we'll continue to remind players via the in game news, etc.) is to get the items that you want now, before the beta exclusive weapons and backgrounds go away!
Darkhorse

Postby _Raiden » Tue May 20, 2014 11:56 pm

Not a fan of pvp I hope you guys don't come up with feats that requires us to pvp.
My 250 win feat was already a pain.

Thanks
_Raiden

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Wed May 21, 2014 12:17 am

_Raiden wrote:Not a fan of pvp I hope you guys don't come up with feats that requires us to pvp.

Thanks

I have to agree, here. As a "feat completer", who does not enjoy PVP, new PVP feats might finally get me to retire... Hard to believe I've been playing 2 years.
NikoNarf_1

Postby MK_SubZero » Wed May 21, 2014 1:02 am

I'm getting excited! Maybe eventually I'm going to like PvP because of the new update
MK_SubZero

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed May 21, 2014 4:26 am

NikoNarf_1 wrote:
_Raiden wrote:Not a fan of pvp I hope you guys don't come up with feats that requires us to pvp.

Thanks

I have to agree, here. As a "feat completer", who does not enjoy PVP, new PVP feats might finally get me to retire... Hard to believe I've been playing 2 years.

Agree too. Lets keep PvP strictly optional please.
Illy_the_Red

Postby DiMoSauR » Wed May 21, 2014 5:40 am

NikoNarf_1 wrote:
_Raiden wrote:Not a fan of pvp I hope you guyshaven't't come up with feats that requires us to pvp.

Thanks

But please let's not forget guys an gals that there are hundreds if not thousands that really enjoy pvp,it's not Only for pve or raiding,imo it will be a breath of fresh air and I trully believe more and more people will be now giving pvp a chance,specially havin a Free spec!!!
Personally lookin very much forward to it!!! Gratz to all the team ,this trully will be exciting and a breath of fresh air!
DiMoSauR

Postby _Gweñ_ » Wed May 21, 2014 6:51 am

This looks super exciting!!! Can't wait!!!

Love the 3 spec addition! One of the main reasons I avoided PVP is because my 2 specs where geared specifically for raiding!! :mrgreen:
_Gweñ_

Postby notallthatfat » Wed May 21, 2014 7:45 am

Gweñ_GM wrote:This looks super exciting!!! Can't wait!!!

Love the 3 spec addition! One of the main reasons I avoided PVP is because my 2 specs where geared specifically for raiding!! :mrgreen:

Yes same here, it gets expensive at 10gs per round just for respecing. :( lol
notallthatfat

Postby DaK_ » Wed May 21, 2014 12:55 pm

Is there anything being done to avoid abuse of the wager system? That is to say I (having loads of chv/cv I can no longer use) wager 30,000 chv against a guildie and unequip half my gear so I can essentially transfer that to them?

Sorry for anyone who was planning this but it's just a feature me and many many others do not want to see implemented
DaK_

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog