August 19th, 2013 - Once more unto the breach...

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: August 19th, 2013 - Once more unto the breach...

Postby DnT_Eliel_ » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Being someone who has played the game since 1.0, I can tell you that the trend right now is that folks in my guild are starting to get bored. A date for version 2.0, even if it is just the date of the release of a Beta version, would go a long way towards helping to keep folks in the game.

Thanks
DnT_Eliel_

Postby CrzyHopper » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:09 pm

Venan, hurry up with 2.0 so we have new stuff to find wrong and bitch about...
CrzyHopper

Postby Shekka » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:36 pm

CrzyHopper wrote:Venan, hurry up with 2.0 so we have new stuff to find wrong and bitch about...

+1!
Shekka

Postby Grnm » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:35 pm

CrzyHopper wrote:Venan, hurry up with 2.0 so we have new stuff to find wrong and bitch about...

Yeah.. farming sucks.. and bitching about it is no longer entertaining...
Grnm

Postby Mystic18 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:46 am

Is it possible to say if update is planned for this year or next year please ? I would love to upgrade my enchantments from level 5 to 6 now but if v2.0 is coming out this year then I will need to wait otherwise the transfer cost will be too prohibitive. Thks very much.
Mystic18

Postby Zëphÿ_Spøøns4Lìfê » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:20 pm

Loving it Venan!! Don't make Beeks work too hard :lol:
ZephySpoon
Zëphÿ_Spøøns4Lìfê

Postby Thyme » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:56 pm

Darkhorse wrote:-A brand new game system that deals with the appearance of your character and collecting appearance items throughout the many different facets of the game
-Raising the level cap to 35
-Allow players to further the story that we left on a cliffhanger and finally bring elder game players INTO the Vile Realm and beyond
-New quests, new dungeons, new bosses, and new raids
-A new valor tier (tier 16) with all new items to further your character
-New enchantments and new items to craft
-Other content for players of all levels to enjoy.

With the number of players maxed out or close to max out, and the extreme delay in new content, the level cap should be a hell of a lot higher and there should be more tiers of equipment. There has been no change in level cap in nearly 10 months; many players will be able to change their cv into the new currency easily and get new gear quickly, thus maxing out again. Ten months of no change in the world of gaming means moving on to the next best thing. Look at how many high level players have been absent for months on end--myself included. When we do pop in, there's no reason to stick around.

The level cap should be increased to 50+. Even if there isn't new content, people would be able to continue leveling up and building or tweaking their character. After level 35, an additional ability point could be earned every other level (remove the cap of 3 per ability). That way, even after the quest line is complete, you won't lose players like me to boredom and other games because there is at least something different.

Focusing on changing the appearance of gear should be secondary after making sure there is more than enough content to keep players entertained for multiple weeks. 1.5's original quest line was an endless grind but at least it took more than the handful of hours of 1.6.

And more important than appearance, is rebalancing the classes. It's not any fun racing in raids if the deck is totally stacked against you. One-hand damage stats for the SW are in serious need of fixing; no amount of tweaking and boosting their abilities is going to resolve it.

I don't mind waiting forever and a day for 2.0 (lies), but if I finish the quest line in a day, the focus is on changing the appearance of my freaking staff, and my wm is still crap at KFS and my sw is crap at everything else, then the update was a waste of everyone's time.

tl;dr: please make sure priorities are in the correct order.
Thyme

Postby Nevla_Nom » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:43 am

Who says you will be able to buy the new valor? Perhaps they will just make it non-buyable. :P
Nevla_Nom

Postby DaK_ » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:29 pm

2 months with no update, any chance we can just have a status update at least? Is it going well, anything really.....

We understand it takes time, but we're losing active players now :(
DaK_

Postby Poppa » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Is it sad that Darkhorse hasn't posted anything on this thread in nearly 2 months? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!???
Poppa

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog