August 19th, 2013 - Once more unto the breach...

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: August 19th, 2013 - Once more unto the breach...

Postby AXIOM_ECHO » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Venon has posted really great notes for upcoming 2.0 8-) Thank you for that. However, I think every player here is mostly concerned about ENCHANTMENT TRANSFERING. :?: So am I. I have invested A LOT in BOH, time and money. But if we are forced to farm all that ungodly amount of resources again just to be able to transfer our hard earned enchantments back to the transfer plate, You will lose A LOT of good players and investors. :x My enchantments are all lvl 5 and 6, and that is on 5 CHARACTERS. :cry: If Venon makes me to collect all those enchanting materials again, just for a plate, my response will be clear: I will simply quit the game. :evil: Thank you for your consideration, Venon, I hope you can find a way around it. ;)
AXIOM_ECHO

Postby routters » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:48 pm

Thank you, thank you for the return to story line! It is what first drew me to BoH long ago. The guild system added a lot, and I'm sure there are players that eat up PvP. For me, though, nothing can beat a well-written story arc and the satisfaction of completing a quest line.

After the "reality TV" of raiding and the "sports" of PvP, it will be nice to settle in with a hearty drama of questing. I hope all of the buzz about cosmetic costume changes isn't too far into QVC territory; I have to be pretty drunk to be fascinated by QVC. =^D
routters

Postby DjClericalStorm » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:29 am

Dear Venan and DH,

I am particularly interested in the level cap raised, thats really a good news. But however I will be even more delighted to hear from you guys that there will be new skills coming up. A lightning Mage maybe? ;)

Cheers, I personally think the efforts went in yo make this game is awesome, regardless how negative some players viewing the new improvements, the game will always have rooms to improve on.

Great job, the best community and mobile game I have come across so far, keep the passion burning and keep improving Venan.
DjClericalStorm

Postby japster » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:59 am

I don't want to be a wet blanket on the enchant transfer, and I myself have grinded my way to loads of level 5 and 6 enchants. But the truth is that an MMO is a grind system. Everyone already knew from day 1 that eventually we'll have to transfer our enchants once new higher tier gear becomes available. Thus why the common advice was that enchanting wasn't a good decision (except maybe a level 1 or 2 enchant for a small might boost) when you haven't obtained tier 14 gear.

The transfer option exists, and it does save us the effort of re-enchanting our gear. We just need to grind mats for that equivalent level of enchant to move it, and need not worry about mats from the other lower levels. I think that's fair enough.

What's MORE important in my opinion, is to ensure that the new content introduced continues to allow us to farm for enchant mats conveniently. E.g., like how you guys finally added essences and flux to VG/KFS raids, hopefully the new raids will continue to drop these enchant mats, and maybe with a slightly better drop rate than VG/KFS to reflect the increased difficulty!

Lastly, as an avid PvPer and War Mage, I hope to see some quick balance changes even before v2.0 hits, and before the PvP beta ends. The blog post was informative but also seemed ambiguous as to whether direct pvp balance changes would occur before v2.0. PLEASE DO SOME BALANCE TWEAKS IN THE NAME OF FAIRNESS. Thank you.
japster

Postby BaneFirerises » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:06 am

japster wrote:I don't want to be a wet blanket on the enchant transfer, and I myself have grinded my way to loads of level 5 and 6 enchants. But the truth is that an MMO is a grind system. Everyone already knew from day 1 that eventually we'll have to transfer our enchants once new higher tier gear becomes available. Thus why the common advice was that enchanting wasn't a good decision (except maybe a level 1 or 2 enchant for a small might boost) when you haven't obtained tier 14 gear.

The transfer option exists, and it does save us the effort of re-enchanting our gear. We just need to grind mats for that equivalent level of enchant to move it, and need not worry about mats from the other lower levels. I think that's fair enough.

I'm not saying that the transfer should be free or anything like that and of course I expect that I will have to grind but having gone through the process of grinding for near all level six enchantments I don't want to have to go over that again just for the same level. I don't mind grinding if it was for a higher level but just to put a level I already have onto another gear is really putting me off.

4250 refine essence and 425 flux is what I need to transfer all my enchantments onto new gear. That for me is work not fun.
BaneFirerises

Postby HeartBreakKid » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:52 am

A question !!!
So is the t16 weapon gonna be placed in pvp bet market ? At lady Gwynn ?

Or nothing is gonna be added to the pvp BETA. Store than whats allready in ( pvp beta ) ? Thx !! :)
HeartBreakKid

Postby joshuanwilli » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:31 am

2.0 sound awesome. I cant wait. The lvl cap interests me the most.

With the lvl cap being raised to 35, will we have new abilities or will we be putting the points into the abilities we already have?
joshuanwilli

Postby Tiffy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:44 am

With the apply look to gears feature, does it mean we don't have to worry about paying 500 refined essences and 50 flux to transfer each existing enchant to new t16? Simply just apply the look?
Tiffy

Postby 91Romeo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:44 am

I got that part tiffy and understand it. I was thinking more along the lines those who have a luck set, nature set, and a physical set (not necessarily those exact). With PvP and PvE we all have different enchants on different gears to play each as effectively as we can. Of course I will farm to transfer if I have to I was just stating that it wouldn't be pleasant. Perhaps 6 months down the road they come up with more new gear and we have to transfer again? Just seems essence/flux gathering will take too much time away from other areas of the game.
91Romeo

Postby Mom_VanHelsing » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Sounds great! Content and customized toons! Thanks for all the hard work to keep the game interesting! :D
Mom_VanHelsing

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog