Need Help Stopping Guild Drama

A place to talk about all things guild related.

Need Help Stopping Guild Drama

Postby MørtalImmørtal » Sun May 18, 2014 2:47 pm

To protect the dignity/reputation/whatever of these guilds, nothing will be referred to by its name. You all know who you are.

Alright, so my guild (let's call it guild 1) and another guild (guild 2) are currently fighting each other. It started when the guild master of guild 2 got in a fight with the GM of guild 1, which, at the time, was guild 2's sister guild. Guild 2's members were too inactive to do any raids, and GM 2 wasn't doing anything about it. Some members (including me and alternate characters of GM 1) got ticked off and left for Guild 1, which was recently renamed.

It's all good, right? We're completely separate now; there's no reason to keep going, so we won't, right?

WRONG.

Both GMs and guilds kept going with their fight and are currently sending spies to each other's guilds. I'm not making that up, two members were kicked from my guild for spying, and GM 1 has sent multiple spies to Guild 2 (some have been caught). I'm getting fed up with this. How can I make it so that the guilds can see each other as guilds, and their members as people, instead of repeatedly hating and insulting them in guild chat? (Although I love the irony coming from both guilds having a clear 'no drama' rule.)

What I won't do is have my characters leave the guilds and don't come back. I do not want to lose any loyalty, and I have good friends in both guilds.

So what do I do?
MørtalImmørtal

Re: Need Help Stopping Guild Drama

Postby routters » Sun May 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Take a long, deep breath. Go do your Algebra homework. =^D
routters

Postby notallthatfat » Sun May 18, 2014 7:47 pm

routters wrote:Take a long, deep breath. Go do your Algebra homework. =^D

XD lol
notallthatfat

Postby Rhimmy » Mon May 19, 2014 3:37 am

Retired_Fat wrote:
routters wrote:Take a long, deep breath. Go do your Algebra homework. =^D

XD lol

Haha
Rhimmy

Postby MørtalImmørtal » Mon May 19, 2014 1:35 pm

My homework died in a car accident.
MørtalImmørtal

Postby Rhimmy » Mon May 19, 2014 3:23 pm

MørtalImmørtal wrote:My homework died in a car accident.

Vile bear ate my homework...
Rhimmy

Postby Taint_Valentine_Nutella » Mon May 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Team stands for together everyone accomplishes more. Tell them that!!!!
TEAM stands for Together Everyone Accomplishes More

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

"Never believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Taint_Valentine_Nutella

Postby MørtalImmørtal » Mon May 19, 2014 6:14 pm

Nutella_Wolf_of_Dreams wrote:Team stands for together everyone accomplishes more. Tell them that!!!!

Probably won't work. I mean it when I say that the GMs hate each other. Both guilds individually run on that anyway, so it won't do much. Any other ideas?
MørtalImmørtal

Postby WonderTwinFormOfa » Mon May 19, 2014 10:27 pm

Guild drama is everywhere in every level. From baby guilds to the first ten. It happens. Since you're not the one responsible it's not your job to fix it. Ignore it, put up with it, or move on. I've been there. I think most of us have at some point. Sometimes you just have to cut and run. Keep the ppl you like in your friends list to keep in touch
WonderTwinFormOfa

Postby MørtalImmørtal » Tue May 20, 2014 4:56 pm

SurrealSaDiablo wrote:Guild drama is everywhere in every level. From baby guilds to the first ten. It happens. Since you're not the one responsible it's not your job to fix it. Ignore it, put up with it, or move on. I've been there. I think most of us have at some point. Sometimes you just have to cut and run. Keep the ppl you like in your friends list to keep in touch

You know what? Good point. I guess I really don't have to do much about it. Being named Officer of my guild made me feel like I had to do something about it, I guess. It seems like the spying has stopped (ok, only mention of it, we probably still have spies, but you gotta look on the bright side), so I'm keeping with my guild. You never know, though...
Anyway, thanks.
MørtalImmørtal

Next

Return to Guild Discussions