BoH History, Vanish 3 or BOOM

For all your non-Book of Heroes discussion needs.

BoH History, Vanish 3 or BOOM

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:28 pm

Question:
BoH History, Vanish rank 3 or BOOM

TL;DR:
Vanish rank 3, when nuking them from orbit wasn't Over powered enough.

Short answer:
BOOM. Everything went BOOM. Crypt goes BOOM. War of Fellmarsh goes BOOM. All raids go BOOM. Game goes BOOM. Venan employes invest in headache remedy company, which goes BOOM.

Detailed technical answer:
"Even without a single item, Vanish rank 3 (+50% Crit & +50% Crit Power), increases your average damage by +66%" (Note 1). For comparison Chocolate does +20% Crit & +20% Crit Power and Death Wish rank 3 increases average damage by +50%. But the way enchants used to work, it could get even worse if you got the right gear. But wait, making it more Over powered, which wouldn't seem possible, Smoke Bomb rank 3 could be used immediately in combat.

Then Venan added Gems to BoH. Suddenly you could mix and match Stat bonuses without needing insane amounts of luck during Loot drops or the daily restock at Majerio's shop. Smoke Bomb rank 3, Vanish rank 3, Poison Cloud rank 3, dead mobs with undamaged character if your Haste was high enough. Crit, Crit Power and Magic Gems didn't have a lot of impact until they overhauled weapon damage. I used to fight in Tier 12 valor raids with a Tier 8 weapon and the right Gems.

Note 1)
Vanish broke Onslaught

If you are getting rid of the Onslaught Raids, please disregard this thread.

With Crit 40%, Crit Power 250% (see Semi-Soft Stat Cap Post [  viewtopic.php?p=4240#p4240
]) and Vanish rank 3, a Shadow Walker has Crit 90% and Crit Power 300% ( 1.00 * 0.1 + 3.00 *0.9 ) = *2.8 average damage per attack. The maximum a Justicar and War Mage can get is Crit 50% and Crit Power 300% (see Hard Caps in FAQ thread ) for ( 1.00 *0.5 + 3.00 *0.5 ) = *2.0 average damage per attack. Especially against Triple Groups, *2.8 average damage per attack, Offhand Dagger (defeat three monsters with two Basic Attacks if Critical Hit), Sword 1.0 Speed (fastest, less damage, but enough for most Triple Groups if Critical Hit) and Minor Spirit Rune 0.0 Speed (instant, damage enough for most Triple Groups if Critical Hit), allows Shadow Walkers to dominate RPP on Onslaught Raids if their Might Rating is double the minimum.
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=4610#p4610

Note this involves Ancestral v1.2 gear, but could be applied to v1.3 and v1.4 when enough Gems were earned.

Even without a single item, Vanish rank 3 (+50% Crit & +50% Crit Power), increases your average damage by +66% ([110% x 100% x 34% + 110% x 200% x 66%] / 110%-100%). In combination with Deadly Precision items, it is possible to get all ten item slots with +Crit & +Crit Power. Not a great idea, but it is possible. (Typist's note: IT IS A GREAT IDEA. Unless you can get things "of Destruction" instead. But that's just me. I am all about the Smiting Things With Poison Instantly. Or faster.) Instead of a full set of 10, I suggest 5- 8 Deadly Precision items (see below "Crit Power- A Special Case").

Currently, with nine items (including 2 Deadly Precision), and Vanish rank 3, my Level 20 Shadow Walker has close to 75% chance of a critical hit and close to 275% damage with each critical hit, or an average damage increase of +131% ([110% x 100% x 25% + 110% x 275% x 75%] / 110%-100%). Each critical hit doing 302% base weapon damage (110% x 275%). Since this was for research purposes, I will be lowering the number of items in the future.

At Level 19, my wife’s Shadow Walker, with ten items (including 6 Deadly Precision) and Vanish rank 3, had a 90% chance of a critical hit and 281% damage with each critical hit, or an average damage increase of +163%. At the time, her critical hits did 309% base weapon damage. In the future, she is likely to have less Deadly Precision items, since she is slowly replacing them with Destruction items (epic, +melee, +Crit, +Crit Power). (Typist's note: See? I told you it was a good idea.)
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2212162#post2212162
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: BoH History, Vanish 3 or BOOM

Postby Bimbosigliere » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:35 pm

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:40 pm

Bimbosigliere wrote:You mean SPOOM!! Don't you?

No.

That was Shekka's Fire Mage.
Bj_Knows

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:45 am

Why didn't they keep that instead of needing SWs to be mostly dead to do damage comparable to other classes?
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:24 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:Why didn't they keep that instead of needing SWs to be mostly dead to do damage comparable to other classes?

Because SWs were so insanely overpowered. In fact, I created a second one in those days, which I have regretted ever since. Mages completely sucked too.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:Why didn't they keep that instead of needing SWs to be mostly dead to do damage comparable to other classes?

Because SWs were so insanely overpowered. In fact, I created a second one in those days, which I have regretted ever since. Mages completely sucked too.

Lol it's been virtually reversed in that case. Saying that, been playing since the very first day of 2013 and mages have never sucked in that time. Justicars seem to have varied and SWs made progressively worse (in both forms of the game).
Illy_the_Red

Return to Off-Topic Discussions