Writing

For all your non-Book of Heroes discussion needs.

Re: Writing

Postby Bimbosigliere » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:27 pm

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:24 pm

Bimbosigliere wrote:What if AI creates time travel, goes back and creates man? We got a conundrum here!! I'm freaking out!!!

Al? Sam Beckett's hologram from Quantum Leap?!
Illy_the_Red

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:25 am

CasuallyAsian wrote:Idea 1: A post apocalyptic society mixed with successful Hitler regime minus the genocide (sorry don't have a better description)

Man in the High Castle
Last edited by Derp_looks_like_a_Lady on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby CasuallyAsian » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:22 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:
GWARslave119 wrote:
CasuallyAsian wrote:Idea 1: A post apocalyptic society mixed with successful Hitler regime minus the genocide (sorry don't have a better description)

This sounds like something akin to The Matrix or Equilibrium, both awesome movies and both came out around the same time. Everyone knows The Matrix...Equilibrium stars Christian Bale just after his awesome performance in American Psycho! I love these kind of movies because it deals with philosophy, perception, human fault/error, and someone setting out to make the world right in what they think is best for us. Sometimes it can be a tough debate because the motives might be just, but in the end you can't just grab the reigns of the world and make it yours. It don't work that way ;P Tipping the balance it is mmhmm. Maybe work off that concept, maybe the best way to save the future is to erase the past, or so they think, because obviously we can't learn from the past, so might as well let it not be known or remembered.

Loved the Matrix, its main flaw though was the big deal it makes out of the reason humanity is in there to start with (power generation). Unfortunately the laws of thermodynamics weren't on the minds of the writers when they came up with it. Later in the Animatrix the much more sensible explanation came along (war with machines, machines win, peace treaty includes submission and installation into the matrix, largely for our own good and to keep us from belligerence rather than the silly 'humans are batteries' concept).

I thought the real explanation was the computing power if the human mind but that idea was shot down due to the fact that computers were fairly new then and how did this become a discussion on the matrix
CasuallyAsian

Postby CasuallyAsian » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:24 pm

Dэяраliсюцs wrote:

Man in the Iron Castle

I can't say my inspiration was not completely based on the show/book but rather the idea of 80's sci-fi and Darwinism
CasuallyAsian

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussions