Help

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Help

Postby DarkDemon248 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:26 am

What's the best SW build I can get at level 34/35
DarkDemon248

Re: Help

Postby I_am_Shadowspawn » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:44 am

None,

Venan hates sw's
I_am_Shadowspawn

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:00 am

There are a few possibilities, largely depending on what your current setup is and what gems you have access to.
Illy_the_Red

Postby vlad_the_impaler » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:41 am

I_am_Shadowspawn wrote:None,

Venan hates sw's

+1
vlad_the_impaler

Postby Sàlád_ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:56 am

lol 34 means you haven't wasted hardly any time just delete it.
Sàlád_

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:46 pm

SWs are great - if you know how to play them. It's not just button mashing like WMs ;)
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:SWs are great - if you know how to play them. It's not just button mashing like WMs ;)

Melee SW is the closest to button mashing there is in BoH. You can get decent RPP in CoC only using basic attack. I believe EricM's OS rotation was switching back and forth between 2 or 3 attacks. Even my Magic SW OS rotation is just TB-PC-TB-AS-Neuro repeat. The best WM rotation I can't list the steps - it requires an algorithm based on resists and snapcast timers. If you are button mashing with a mage, you can survive but will be far from optimal.

Come on Salad, join me in maxing our sucky SWs.

Anyway to the OP, you need to pick either Magic, Melee or doing both builds. Magic is more well rounded, but Melee has some situations where it is far superior (supposedly). If you want to know why the SW hate is in this thread, it is because they hit like a Wet Noodle unless you are in Death Wish, which is a pain to get into and you have to constantly watch your health.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:30 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:SWs are great - if you know how to play them. It's not just button mashing like WMs ;)

Melee SW is the closest to button mashing there is in BoH. You can get decent RPP in CoC only using basic attack. I believe EricM's OS rotation was switching back and forth between 2 or 3 attacks. Even my Magic SW OS rotation is just TB-PC-TB-AS-Neuro repeat. The best WM rotation I can't list the steps - it requires an algorithm based on resists and snapcast timers. If you are button mashing with a mage, you can survive but will be far from optimal.

Come on Salad, join me in maxing our sucky SWs.

Anyway to the OP, you need to pick either Magic, Melee or doing both builds. Magic is more well rounded, but Melee has some situations where it is far superior (supposedly). If you want to know why the SW hate is in this thread, it is because they hit like a Wet Noodle unless you are in Death Wish, which is a pain to get into and you have to constantly watch your health.

You can get decent RPP in CoC with anything. People have mainly switched to KFS even for farming silver...CoC isn't really good for anything at even mid might these days save maybe bashing out lingering wave/monster quests.

As for Death Wish...if someone can't manage DW then they won't ever get good with SWs. That's the element that makes it completely the opposite of button mashing as in TSR (and probably SQ too) you will die horribly if you can't manage your health. If you mean button PRESSES rather than mashing, then SW is pretty intensive. But it's a challenge to play and get right - hence the hate.

WM rotation is pretty easy. Keep burn and defence debuff(s) going as much as possible. Use your spells. Use snap when ready. Any deaths are either due to not watching your health or being not quite high enough might to stay alive while you fight (mainly TSR P3). Or possibly just general incompetence.

For SWs, melee is superior in all OS excluding SQ and TSR. Definitely stick to one build or the other, hybrid sucks. I prefer sword but some really like axe. You also need good defence enchantments to survive the couple of hits you usually get while waiting for healing to come off cooldown.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Turtle_Taps_Dat_Booty » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:59 pm

I agree with Illy. SWs are a lot of fun because they are a lot of work. It takes a special kind to enjoy working with a SW in DW. I keep my 3 SWs in DW at all times (except for TSR P3 of course). Melee SW os the most fun for me but Poison seems to be more effective in general (except for CoC and KFS OS phases).
Turtle_Taps_Dat_Booty

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:29 pm

Turtle_Taps_Dat_Booty wrote:I agree with Illy. SWs are a lot of fun because they are a lot of work. It takes a special kind to enjoy working with a SW in DW. I keep my 3 SWs in DW at all times (except for TSR P3 of course). Melee SW os the most fun for me but Poison seems to be more effective in general (except for CoC and KFS OS phases).

I find them fun, also FW since it kind of feels like a 2H SW even though it's not really. I run a poison spec with Death Wish in TSR P3 and SQ P3. All other OS I tend to reflex back to my melee build which can still destroy the lower raids (the ones Venan didn't nerf physical in).

I find poison SW incredibly viable with DW in TSR P3 if you take the time to craft some haste and dodge pots. Run it with those all the time. Even better is a combination of the two pots plus speed elixir. Use a protection or health elixir if you have those lying around too.

SWs you need to get your toolkit and strategy right...if you charge in expecting it to be like a high might Justicar or Mage, you will die. A lot. Ditto if you don't know how to play them or don't take the time to learn.
Illy_the_Red

Return to Discussions