Unused valor- guild donation

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Unused valor- guild donation

Postby Cheesy » Mon May 15, 2017 12:00 am

Ok if this has been asked for before sorry but here's my idea.

Eventually you get to the point only thing you can buy with a certain valor is the higher valor at a horrible exchange rate.

Why would a high level toon have 10,000 + extra unused soldier valor? Probably from raiding with a their guild when they didn't need it in the first place.

Solution could be a function in the guild where any member can pay in extra valor and depending on the type at a certain value it empties and all members get some sort of reward.

For instance assume it is 25000 of each or whatever other reasonable number there is.

Squire: 50000 silver
Soldier: 250 essence
Knight: 1 small e pot

Etc other options could be one of each flux, a silver graver, 2 gs or something like that.

A different extension of this could instead be once you hit the limit guild members get a 24 hr bonus of a certain % to all stats for pve based on type of valor.

Please note this is specifically NOT about sharing gear in any way between your own toons or others.
Last edited by Cheesy on Mon May 15, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheesy

Re: Unused valor- guild donation

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon May 15, 2017 12:27 pm

That's a great idea. I'd love a way to donate all unwanted gear and gems too, if only to the other toons on my account.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Cheesy » Mon May 15, 2017 2:02 pm

While that would be nice illy I don't think it would be likely given the unbalance it would cause with smaller toons getting the spare t6 gems or holiday gear etc. I was thinking at least with those type of reard/returns it stuff that is generally helpful at most levels and yet fairly benign in regards to balance. Nothing would be a durable gear type item.
I'm not really suggesting resource sharing in any way I think people have asked for that for years. more of a small but helpful reward for working on raids you don't need that benefit all guild members other than just finishing the raids.
Cheesy

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri May 19, 2017 7:38 am

Cheesy wrote:While that would be nice illy I don't think it would be likely given the unbalance it would cause with smaller toons getting the spare t6 gems or holiday gear etc. I was thinking at least with those type of reard/returns it stuff that is generally helpful at most levels and yet fairly benign in regards to balance. Nothing would be a durable gear type item.
I'm not really suggesting resource sharing in any way I think people have asked for that for years. more of a small but helpful reward for working on raids you don't need that benefit all guild members other than just finishing the raids.

There's always been a little resistance even to the idea, which is curious considering how many games actually use it and how often it's been requested. Bottom line is that your items were earned by you, it should be up to you what happens to them. If they want to persist with completely locking the option out, at least increase the silver amount these items fetch at Majerio's. I wouldn't mind selling things if the return on them was good, and it could be a way of getting more silver for enchants. But like most good ideas that probably means it won't happen.

It doesn't even have to be the same as other games - we just want the ability to give our own toons items that we've already earned. If you earned them, you should have the right to use them elsewhere.
Illy_the_Red

Return to Discussions