XP Gains

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

XP Gains

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:54 am

Subject
XP Gains

I want to run the PvP Weekly Quests for the rewards, but PvP gives too much XP per PvP Bout & none of my toons has max tier gear & gems, so I am trying to level only during Seasonal Events or when reward is Elixir of Luck, due to the way Level 36- 40 works in the game.

I wish there was an Elixir or Enchant that froze your XP. When the best strategy for my toons is not to play them until WereChef, I feel a little bummed out.
Bj_Knows

Merge

Postby Sigèé » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:47 am

Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
XP Gains

I want to run the PvP Weekly Quests for the rewards, but PvP gives too much XP per PvP Bout & none of my toons has max tier gear & gems, so I am trying to level only during Seasonal Events or when reward is Elixir of Luck, due to the way Level 36- 40 works in the game.

I wish there was an Elixir or Enchant that froze your XP. When the best strategy for my toons is not to play them until WereChef, I feel a little bummed out.

I'd rather they fixed the game for levels 36-40!
Sigèé

Re: Deathwing Raiders(with Raid Schedule)

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:41 pm

Why would you ever want to stop yourself levelling, generally speaking?

Even with over-levelling (gaining levels fast compared to might growth), you can mitigate any problems a lower might toon has in events. Since events match to your level, you need to make sure your damage output is maximised. Those that struggle in events are simply not growing their might fast enough compared to their level, or have such small might/level that they still need too much of both to be effective beyond Squire raids.

Two things that help most:

- Get the highest tier weapon you can. Do not ever pass up the ability to easily upgrade your weapon, it's the most important gear piece in the game.

- Look at your gems. If your toon is mainly melee based in its attacks...those magic and health gems aren't going to help. It is possible to run hybrid builds while your toon is low might, but you have to be careful. Your overall goal should be getting damage output high. Don't worry about an extra .1 or .2 haste if you're sacrificing your red gems to do it. Overall your goal should ultimately be at or close to 20 melee or magic gems as this maximises your damage. Some like to build in extra Crit at low might but I don't find this works for me, so don't recommend it.

Another thing that might help is not overly focusing on pvp unless that is 100% what you're focused on in the game. If every gear piece you have is giving you a penalty vs monsters, don't complain you can't kill fast enough in events. I see a lot of people with PvP gear in PvE because it's a shortcut to might growth, but it's not worth it unless PvP is going to be your focus.

In the last event it was relatively easy to get a T20 weapon (and easy to get a T19 the event before that). I got it on 8 toons, all of varying levels and mights. The lowest was around 14k and while not killing as fast as the big toons, did not struggle to get not only the weapon but all other pieces of event gear it needed...the toon doesn't even have max e yet (saving for sigil). Some people got T20 weapons on many more toons. Weapon makes a huge difference to every single combat you'll find in the game.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Gary_ » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:34 pm

+1 well articulated
Gary_

Postby Kenner » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:27 am

The t20 makes any opponent except hunter p3 whimpy so got to agree, if you got the t20 sword you will be fine. I do agree especially sq and tsr get significantly harder as you level up.
Kenner

Missed opportunity

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:44 am

Subject
Missed opportunity
Illy_the_Red wrote:In the last event it was relatively easy to get a T20 weapon (and easy to get a T19 the event before that). I got it on 8 toons, all of varying levels and mights.

I was sick and unable to get any TVal items.
Bj_Knows

Return to Discussions