3 new classes - no info?

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

3 new classes - no info?

Postby WorryPG » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:07 pm

Hello, looking through the forums and I can't find much information about the 3 new classes and builds for them. Is the game just not as popular anymore where people theorycraft and such?

I used to play a few years ago and there were always new builds posted and discussions, but of these 3 new ones, I could only find the info in the dev blogs. Is there a better resource now then these forums?
WorryPG

Re: 3 new classes - no info?

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:20 pm

It's probably a combination of lessened activity in the game and there not being that many high-might new toons (generally speaking, I know there are some).

You could start one though (or make this it). My new class toons are level 34/35 and I'm still tinkering with builds. My inq is moving to 2H which will probably lock that one down more.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Sàlád_ » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:12 pm

The new classes aren't old enough for anyone to have tried multiple builds and be successful like Lly said.
Sàlád_

Postby Bbbb » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:44 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:I My inq is moving to 2H which will probably lock that one down more.

I made that move and kinda stuck due to enchants. My biggest issue is that this toon dies the most of any that I have.

I'm not convinced it was the right move for PvE. I did it because I was afraid that 1H it would hit as wimpy as an SW.
Bbbb

Postby Kenner » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:I My inq is moving to 2H which will probably lock that one down more.

I made that move and kinda stuck due to enchants. My biggest issue is that this toon dies the most of any that I have.

I'm not convinced it was the right move for PvE. I did it because I was afraid that 1H it would hit as wimpy as an SW.

After debuffs my lvl 35 inquisitor at 17k might deals 13k poison cloud DoT and 24k virulent slashes (All crits but with the 20% crit boost IT crits a lot). All attack are fast too zo damage output is great actually
Kenner

An Inq, FW & FK walk into a bar or Builds

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:38 am

Subject
An Inquisitor, Flame Warden & Frost Knight walk into a bar or sharing builds

WorryPG wrote:I used to play a few years ago and there were always new builds posted and discussions, but of these 3 new ones, I could only find the info in the dev blogs. Is there a better resource now then these forums?

MY PERSONAL OPINION
There has never been a good way to post builds to the Forum, especially when you consider enchants, gear and gems impact your selection of class abilities.

Since the beginning of the game, most class builds have been shared through Guild Wide Mails. You can click the top of the BoH mail, and inspect the character that sent the build. Ex: Shekka sends a Guild Wide Mail to all the SPOONS! members from his WM about his onslaught build. You can click on the top of the BoH mail and inspect the enchants, gear and gems. This has become a little more complicated since you can now have five builds with different abilities, enchants, gear and gems.

Most of your fellow guild members will have a similar might rating and play style. If you are a high level character in an onslaught guild, your build will not be as good for a level 14 character.

A lot of math guys have left the game (we miss you NikoNarf). The forum is better than Guild Wide Mail for discussing math, having your work double checked, sharing data, cleaning up equations, debating analysis, etc. So with less math discussions, less posting about classes on the forums.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Too many choices?

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:58 am

Subject
Too many choices?

Bbbb wrote:

This is a good example why it is hard to create a build for Inquisitor, Flame Warden and Frost Knight, the new classes are much more balanced between magic and melee attacks. While the 100% magic Inquisitor is much better balanced between 2h Staff and 1h+ Heavy Shield. The more viable builds there are for a class, the longer it takes to earn the gear and enchants needed to test out each build. Especially if you are using seasonal gear like Tier 19 and Tier 21.

MY PERSONAL OPINION
Since Dodge and Block add to each other, Elder Fury rank 3 is an easy choice for Flame Wardens to help with their leather armor and Knockback's being immune to reduction from Riposte 3.

Block enchant can work with both Flame Warden's Elder Fury 3 and many abilities for the Inquisitor, especially since Defense enchant was reduced from 1.5% per rank to 1.0% per rank making Defense and Block more equal in PvP and onslaught.

Like a Shadow Walker, Inquisitor attacks tend to be fast, high DPS and high periodic damage, but low Damage Per Button Press. This handicaps them in raids, SW have Riposte 3 and Assassinate 3 to help out, so it is tempting to go with 2h Staff for Inquisitor in raids, but they do not have Magma Jet 3, Fire Mastery 3, Ignite 3, minor Fire Runes, and Fire Blast 3 which can make Fire Mages so insane in onslaught.
Bj_Knows

Re: An Inq, FW & FK walk into a bar or Builds

Postby Jumper » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:Subject
A lot of math guys have left the game (we miss you NikoNarf).

What on earth are you talking about???? The only math person we need is Amy, we all know that.
Jumper

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:21 pm

The main issue with a 1H class/build will always be doing enough damage. I think the 1H inq is good for OS but it will never be as good as using the 2H. SWs get around the problem with Death Wish. The one thing inquisitors have going for them is high amounts of DoT ticks, and high damage from them. But with a 2H build those ticks will always do more damage. Having seen some of the RPP some people's inquisitors are doing (even at nowhere near 'high' mights), I think they'll be the best class at OS overall or near to it.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:The main issue with a 1H class/build will always be doing enough damage. I think the 1H inq is good for OS but it will never be as good as using the 2H. SWs get around the problem with Death Wish. The one thing inquisitors have going for them is high amounts of DoT ticks, and high damage from them. But with a 2H build those ticks will always do more damage. Having seen some of the RPP some people's inquisitors are doing (even at nowhere near 'high' mights), I think they'll be the best class at OS overall or near to it.

With 2H, my DoTs end up expiring a lot especially if they are resisted.

For OS, my experience to date is definitely WM>FK>Inq=SW>Just and forget the FW even exists.
Bbbb

Next

Return to Discussions