Open Letter to Lord Venan; Lucky event

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: Open Letter to Lord Venan; Lucky event

Postby Bbbb » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:58 am

ItsAGameNotALifestyleChoice wrote:I'd prefer not to. Guild BS was a major factor in quitting previously for a year or so.

The level of Guild BS is very low these days. I have toons parked in 4 different guilds including a guild who used to be all BS and I haven't seen any.

Regardless. In the case of Lucky, just hit a public raid like GK. The raid doesn't need to finish.

I wonder seriously how many players are forgoing the free 8e a guild can give you. Get your GL to 5 and then join a virtually dead guild (e.g. Kingdom). There aren't any non-farming raids and no one will talk to you. I do not see any reason in this day and age why anyone should be guildless.
Bbbb

Postby Drizzt_Lucky_Toons » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:28 pm

The spawn rate needs to be increased and not all toons can do this event like valentine need to fix that
DЯIZZТ
Drizzt_Lucky_Toons

Postby _Raiden » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:37 am

InsertNameHere wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:
ItsAGameNotALifestyleChoice wrote:
(blah blah removed for brevity)

Any chance we could see him appear like Holigob in both raids and infinite zones? Pretty please?

(blah blah removed for brevity)

If the data shows that there's only a handful of us, then I guess my point's moot as it wouldn't be worth the time to implement.

Before event -> join guild.
Do event.
After event -> leave guild.

I don't think they're going to tweak an event just because some folk for some reason won't click 'join' on a guild. Understand it's their choice but it's so easily rectified. The real problems with Lucky are the ones in the opening posts, it's been a cash grab for too long.

I'd prefer not to. Guild BS was a major factor in quitting previously for a year or so. I've temporarily joined a few guilds on a per-raid basis since restarting, but my Loyalty is still lvl 1 so that shows how attractive that is.
Point taken that changing an event to make it more accessible to a probably-small number of players is unlikely - as I conceded in closing above. However, the mechanics exist (Holigob) so if the data showed there are sufficient people not invested in guilds /raiding, it would have been nice.

Come join my guild , no bs , no one talks and u get to do what u want, start your own raid , farm for loyalty than merc the raids u need .
Im not kidding
_Raiden

Postby InsertNameHere » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:31 pm

_Raiden wrote:Come join my guild , no bs , no one talks and u get to do what u want, start your own raid , farm for loyalty than merc the raids u need .
Im not kidding

Thanks for the offer, but I've been camping in Knights for the last little while. Got Loyalty 5 thanks to the accidentally-extended double event. They're nice & quiet and so it's fine. Even after I n00bed out having to ask how the basics work cos I'd forgot.

Plus you didn't actually say what your guild was!! (^_^)
InsertNameHere

Postby Bbbb » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:51 am

I just want to say to Venan that we are thankful for an event that has run smoothly. The only complaints I've heard can be written off as the ups and downs of the RNG. My only complaint is the store closing time issue but that is known.

I hope we see something new in the gap from now to Werechef. Personally, I am looking forward to the no big event gap as I tend to get obsessed during them.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:41 am

What's the reasoning behind the only Lucky gems available being crit/haste/dodge? The Tragick gems have all types. It's good the event was not affected by the bugs/issues that are often seen in events. If the spawn rate is fine, the even could really do with being a little longer since for most players this is their first opportunity to get the T19 Lucky gear (they were previously gs-only and overpriced). Eg all my toons need the gear and may have enough for a single Lucky gem. Some may get two or even none at all as an outside chance because of the RNG swing.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Yes, having Red Lucky gems would have been awesome.

I have played an insane amount and burned some e pots. I am very happy on the return I'll get without using the Lockbox. However, I am not upgrading from T18 to T19. It's not worth the transfer costs. I am only buying gear on one or two toons that are in T15/16 gear.

I'll have enough gems that I'll see if there is a performance dropoff. My maxed mage has had 5 gems since last year and that worked fine. I suspect I can run 9 on that toon just fine. However, I suspect that isn't going to fly on SW.
Bbbb

Postby zoe_mjolnir » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:03 pm

Dear Lord Venan, I have to agree with the need to make Lucky event more like the hobgoblin event (letting him pop up during questing excursions as well as raids). And the need for his own shop.

I have been hitting raids at every opportunity and still have not gotten enough clover to purchase the items I would like my toons to have (t19 kilt, lucky boots ext..). Considering the event ends tomorrow and I'm lucky to get Lucky once or twice during a raid with a drop of 1-3 clover per lucky kill and with 16 toons. There is no way I can get what I need or want for all of my babies.

All in all I find the lucky event very frustrating.

He

1.Takes to long to kill, and he usually show's at the end of a raid phase, causing the loss of Lucky before the kill can be finished (no kill, no clover).

2. His appearance is far to sporadic leaving players desperately hunting clover because it's not easy to get, due to the fact that he only shows once or twice during a raid.

3. He only drops 1-3 lucky clover per kill, (once again leaving the players desperately hunting clover because it's not easy to get).

4. He doesn't have a store of his own leaving players rushing to purchase items before the event ends.

5. Clover can not be purchased in the store if a player can not accumulate enough clover to buy the items desired. Leaving the player hanging out on a limb so to speak.

I read that GS can be used to purchase items, unfortunately I have not seen the option. (Mind you I haven't been looking because purchasing GS is not really an option open to me).

I don't want to complain I love boh, but I do get very frustrated during the lucky event. Can you please make his appearance less sporadic with a higher clover drop, and get him his own shop? Pretty please with whipped cream, sugar and a cherry on top?

I probably was rambling so I apologise if I don't make any sense.

Thank you
Zoe_Mjolnir
zoe_mjolnir

Postby Saraa » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:58 pm

zoe_mjolnir wrote:Dear Lord Venan, I have to agree with the need to make Lucky event more like the hobgoblin event (letting him pop up during questing excursions as well as raids). And the need for his own shop.

I have been hitting raids at every opportunity and still have not gotten enough clover to purchase the items I would like my toons to have (t19 kilt, lucky boots ext..). Considering the event ends tomorrow and I'm lucky to get Lucky once or twice during a raid with a drop of 1-3 clover per lucky kill and with 16 toons. There is no way I can get what I need or want for all of my babies.

All in all I find the lucky event very frustrating.

He

1.Takes to long to kill, and he usually show's at the end of a raid phase, causing the loss of Lucky before the kill can be finished (no kill, no clover).

2. His appearance is far to sporadic leaving players desperately hunting clover because it's not easy to get, due to the fact that he only shows once or twice during a raid.

3. He only drops 1-3 lucky clover per kill, (once again leaving the players desperately hunting clover because it's not easy to get).

4. He doesn't have a store of his own leaving players rushing to purchase items before the event ends.

5. Clover can not be purchased in the store if a player can not accumulate enough clover to buy the items desired. Leaving the player hanging out on a limb so to speak.

I read that GS can be used to purchase items, unfortunately I have not seen the option. (Mind you I haven't been looking because purchasing GS is not really an option open to me).

I don't want to complain I love boh, but I do get very frustrated during the lucky event. Can you please make his appearance less sporadic with a higher clover drop, and get him his own shop? Pretty please with whipped cream, sugar and a cherry on top?

I probably was rambling so I apologise if I don't make any sense.

Thank you
Zoe_Mjolnir

Your biggest problem is that you're trying to run 16 toons through an event and expecting to get everything you want, which is super unrealistic btw. Try focusing on the toons you play the most or need it the most and you're likey to have much better success. Even with the complaints that the drop rate is too low, no one has really had a problem getting enough clovers to get at least the t19. Compounding this problem further is that you probably don't have 50e on all your toons, which is another conversation entirely.
Saraa

Postby There_Is_No_Phåse404 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:20 pm

You can buy clovers in Majerios shop from the "bundle" tab for 5gs.
There_Is_No_Phåse404

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions