Methods for Getting Seasonal Max Tier Gear

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:34 pm

New Subject

OLD Subject
Methods of Getting Seasonal Tier 17 Gear

DRAFT
DRAFT
DRAFT

Note: Max Tier Gear is currently 21 not 17.

This works best with Tier 17 Weapon, Tier 17 Torso Armor, and Tier 17 Helm. If Venan ever add them, also Tier 17 Leg Armor and Tier 17 Amulet.

Tier 17 Gauntlets, Tier 17 Boots, Tier 17 Cloak are usually not worth it, unless you want it for Wardrobe.

Tier 17 Ring, might be worth it for Shadow Walkers.

Fast
Buy it with Gold Shields.

Steady
Earn as many Boss Kill Tokens (Candy Hearts, Red Ornaments, etc.) as possible, buy the difference with Gold Shields.

Gambler
Spend all your Tokens on Seasonal Lockbox, hope for the best.

Calculated Gambler
Earn as many Tokens as possible.
Figure out how many Gold Shields you would be willing to spend.
Before spending a single Gold Shield, figure out how many Tokens that would get you.
Add Maximum Tokens would buy with Gold Shields, to earned Tokens, subtract cost of Tier 17 Gear. This is your Lockbox allowance.
Try to win it in Lockbox.
If you don’t win it, now use Gold Shields to buy the difference and purchase the Tier 17 Gear.

Example:
A Tier 17 Ring costs 200 Glitter,
1 Glitter costs 5 Gold Shields,
Your character earns 150 Glitter,
You are willing to spend a maximum of 500 Gold Shields,
500 Gold Shields equals a maximum of 100 bought Glitter,
150 Earned + 100 maximum bought= 250 Glitter,
250 maximum Glitter- 200 Glitter for Ring= 50 Glitter for Lockbox,
Before spending any Gold Shields, spend 50 of your 150 Glitter on Lockbox, if win Ring, done with no Gold Shields spent.
If don’t win Ring in Lockbox, you now have 100 Glitter and must spend your maximum of 500 Gold Shields to get the 200 Glitter for the Ring (100 left plus 100 bought).

The main idea with this is not to spend any more Gold Shields than you can afford, but give the Lockbox that chance to give you the Tier 17 Item, consumables, and lesser Items for Wardrobe.

Bj’s Gamble
I like consumables from Seasonal Lockbox, so I use the Calculated Gamble, but instead of deciding the maximum Gold Shields I will spend, I decide how many Lockboxes I want to open. I usually open 10% of an Items cost in Lockbox.

Example:
A Tier 17 Ring costs 200 Glitter,
10% is 20 Glitter,
I spend 20 of my earned Glitter on Lockbox,
If I win the Ring, done, no Gold Shields spent (or I decide I like the consumables and spend a little more on Lockbox),
If not win Ring in Lockbox, use Gold Shields to buy enough Glitter to get Ring with my remaining earned Glitter.

MY PERSONAL OPINION
What ever you do, try and do it early. My dad always says "If you wait to do your computer runs the night before, that is when the server will crash." Emphasizing the lack of a back up plan ( Real World emergencies, time to redo lost work, the lack of time to do the work since the server is down, etc. ) and most server lag and crashes come when everyone tries to get on at the last minute.

Events with a lockbox, I try and spend any seasonal currency in the shop 48 hours before the even is over (see Bj’s Gamble above). Any seasonal currency I earn from then, until the end of the event, I use in lockbox. This way I get nice relaxing lockboxes at the end, without worrying about real world emergencies, work interferring, the servers lagging or crashing at the end.

DRAFT
DRAFT
DRAFT
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Methods for Getting Seasonal Tier 17 Gear

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:53 pm

Method For Getting Seasonal Tier 17 Gear:

When the event starts, hit the event. When you have enough currency, go to the shop and buy what you want. Repeat.

Lock box at your own risk.
Illy_the_Red

Methods for getting Clover Gear

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:34 am

Subject
Methods for getting Clover Gear

CloverDude does not have Tier 21 gear, but the event does have Lucky Gems and Tier 19 Gear. In 2017 you can use Clovers to buy the gear. So the following can be used for the first time in 5 years:
Bj_Knows

Postby Gary_ » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:59 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:Method For Getting Seasonal Tier 17 Gear:

When the event starts, hit the event. When you have enough currency, go to the shop and buy what you want. Repeat.

Bahahaha! Great advice for all seasonal gear! Bahaha!!
Gary_

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Gary_ wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:Method For Getting Seasonal Tier 17 Gear:

Bahahaha! Great advice for all seasonal gear! Bahaha!!

Hehe that was from two years ago ;) still stands though...
Illy_the_Red

Re: Methods for Getting Seasonal Max Tier Gear

Postby Gary_ » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:56 pm

:D
Gary_

Latest Edit- Last 48 hours

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Subject
Latest Edit- Last 48 hours

Bj_Knows wrote:MY PERSONAL OPINION
What ever you do, try and do it early. My dad always says "If you wait to do your computer runs the night before, that is when the server will crash." Emphasizing the lack of a back up plan ( Real World emergencies, time to redo lost work, the lack of time to do the work since the server is down, etc. ) and most server lag and crashes come when everyone tries to get on at the last minute.

Events with a lockbox, I try and spend any seasonal currency in the shop 48 hours before the even is over (see Bj’s Gamble above). Any seasonal currency I earn from then, until the end of the event, I use in lockbox. This way I get nice relaxing lockboxes at the end, without worrying about real world emergencies, work interferring, the servers lagging or crashing at the end.
Bj_Knows

Return to Discussions