A 'Book' for 'Book of Heroes'

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

A 'Book' for 'Book of Heroes'

Postby Shadøw » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:15 am

As one of the long standing members of this game (who hasn't started a new toon since starting the game) I find myself forgetting the story line. Like why exactly did we end up fighting Helion? And who were we fighting in the castle? Etc.

As this is 'Book of Heroes' I was wondering if it was possible to include a 'book' in the game with different unlock-able 'chapters'.

I've played other games where, as you progress past a milestone in the game, an explanation of the storyline is unlocked in a diary, etc. Therefore you can look into this and back read the whole storyline from the beginning to where you are at that point - this helps to remember what you are fighting for and why you have been to previous areas (some are even illustrated to show the main protagonist at the time, etc).

Each 'chapter' of this 'book' would only be unlocked once you had completed it in game - that way it would prevent spoilers for those who say haven't reached the vile realm yet.

Think this could be a good addition to the game, especially considering it's been 18-24+ months since a lot of us were hunting down Skar.

Just a thought

Shadøw
Shadøw

Re: A 'Book' for 'Book of Heroes'

Postby Bimbosigliere » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:03 am

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:15 am

A great idea Shadow. I think I created at least one of my toons just so I could do the whole questline again, it had been so long since I did it I'd forgotten it.

If I had the time or another slot to spare I'd create a toon just to do the quests again and remind myself of how the whole vile thing started.
Illy_the_Red

Postby CrzyHopper » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:31 pm

+1
CrzyHopper

Postby DreamingDæmon » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:55 pm

I'm thinkin' a graphic novel format, excerpts can be viewed in game, available as a whole in a .cbr/.pdf or similar to purchase. I'd buy it.
DreamingDæmon

Postby Shadøw » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:08 pm

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is up for this idea.
Any input from the devs?? Is this something that you guys/gals could feasibly do?
Shadøw

Postby Mom_VanHelsing » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:56 pm

What a great idea, Shadøw!! +10.
Mom_VanHelsing

Postby Finnius » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:59 pm

I like it...heck I would help write it if asked...as long as I had a complete script of the lore that has been released so far.. gotta keep threads and names going
Finnius

Postby Azmodias » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:28 pm

ohhhhh. +100

if it wasn't already stated in any of the other replies I'd love to see back story... how the Lord of Blades came to power. how the eldritch guardians came to be. why the little green guy in Ebian never moves. 100 other questions. maybe even throw in unlockable concept art. trow in a museum of old game stuff. dungeons that don't exist anymore that can be accessed by the most devout completionists and played with guildmates and mercs.
Azmodias

Postby Shadøw » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:18 pm

Azmodias wrote:ohhhhh. +100

if it wasn't already stated in any of the other replies I'd love to see back story... how the Lord of Blades came to power. how the eldritch guardians came to be. why the little green guy in Ebian never moves. 100 other questions. maybe even throw in unlockable concept art. trow in a museum of old game stuff. dungeons that don't exist anymore that can be accessed by the most devout completionists and played with guildmates and mercs.

Some great suggestions here! Further in depth backstory to the protagonists would be a great addition!
Shadøw

Next

Return to Discussions