Halloween Event 2016

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Halloween Event 2016

Postby Bbbb » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:18 pm

I'm impressed. This seems to address every complaint we had about the previous Halloween events. I realize the pumpkin cost got kinda replaced by the haste elixir cost but that one is much more enjoyable and something I am okay with. Hope it is as fun as it sounds.

Someone up above asked about server load. CheM didn't reply. I am going to assume there will be load issues at the beginning of the event - there usually are. I'd recommend just skipping the first 15-30 minutes of the event.

My only concern is people bailing on Phase 3. LoB has that issue too although the smart players realize that the pure drop rate in P4 is still good enough to be worth it. Not sure what the carrot is here beyond getting to gold.
Bbbb

Postby Bimbosigliere » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:55 am

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby _Alien_ » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:13 am

Bimbosigliere wrote:I'm just worried about accumulating the 50 diamond gravers
it takes to craft the cloak! ;(

Wasn't it 100? Lol

We might see a miracle and it just cost candy corn.
_Alien_

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:10 am

What might also work for event raids like this is to have both public and potentially guild-spawned raids. That way no guild should complain that raiding takes a backseat to the event.

Also, the guild-spawned raids could count for guild loyalty for the players and guild power, etc. and there could be challenges/achievements for guild participation.

Just a thought...
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby I_am_Shadowspawn » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:46 am

Bimbosigliere wrote:It's the time of event that works for me. Sign on when you want. I'm just worried about accumulating the 50 diamond gravers it takes to craft the cloak! ;(

Need something worth some gold like golden spoons were. Gives added incentive to participate more.
I_am_Shadowspawn

Postby CheMClarc » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:59 am

Bbbb wrote:Someone up above asked about server load. CheM didn't reply. I am going to assume there will be load issues at the beginning of the event - there usually are. I'd recommend just skipping the first 15-30 minutes of the event.

What happened with the load times in the Pirates events is that we spawned extra servers at the same time as the event started on our end. Let's call it a warm up. The auto scaling saw that there wasn't anyone on those servers and turned them off right before the raids spawn. Then players came on because the event was actually going and filled up the main servers very quickly. It takes a little while for the auto scaling to add more servers especially when the ones up are getting hit hard. It's kind of a domino effect for players caught in a lag session while we are bouncing players around to new servers to free everyone up. We will be tweaking the timing so we hope to have a smooth sailing to start the event.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby CheMClarc » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:01 am

Bimbosigliere wrote:It's the time of event that works for me. Sign on when you want. I'm just worried about accumulating the 50 diamond gravers it takes to craft the cloak! ;(

No recipe this time. The cloak is straight up candy corn.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Bimbosigliere » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:57 am

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Fightstuff » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Bimbosigliere wrote:
CheMClarc wrote:

No recipe this time. The cloak is straight up candy corn.

CheM!! My brah!!!

And I for one am hoping for the best for you guys. Every event has had some sort of glitch, big deal. Let's give the devs some appreciation this time. And if everything goes smoothly I'll sing For the First Time in Forever in Turkish channel, you can perma silence me, everybody's a WINNER!!!

Forget the cloak. I just want to hear Bimbosig sing in Turkish.
Fightstuff

Postby Saphira_Rider » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:45 pm

Chem, Looking forward to this next event, sounds fun! Maybe I'll send you a naughty vampire pic....not like the leprechaun one I sent you...LOL :mrgreen:

Keep up the good work!
Saphira
Saphira_Rider

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News