Were-Chef Event 2016 - UPDATED

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Were-Chef Event 2016

Postby Sàlád_ » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:29 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:Also interested in how much the recipe is for the craftable necklace, how many materials it will take and whether it's achievable without burning.

Any answer, please? It would help with planning which toons to use etc.

It can be bought from BimMarts for a sheer payment of $9.99 a steal I may add.
Sàlád_

Postby Bimbosigliere » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:02 pm

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby InsertNameHere » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:36 pm

Kenner wrote:If only playing casual for a few silverware I would go for lockboxes. It might be nothing but who knows you might get the t19/21.

One recommemdable item this year is the deviled egg recipe

Thanks, I'd forgotten about Lockboxes. Don't know what devil eggs do, I played for a few months last year but stopped before werechef, so not familiar with the item.

Illy_the_Red wrote:The good events (Chef, Christmas Goblin, Tragick, and now the Pirate one) are worth hitting as a casual player if you can get on for as many as is reasonably possible. Throw as much as your e at it and save for the decent stuff such as high tier items or decent recipes. Any spare event currency should be lockboxed just before event end.

Overall, see if you can free enough time to hit plenty of times, you should be able to save enough to get what you want. If not, lockbox it all at the end and see if you get lucky.

I can guarantee I won't get enough currency to buy anything worthwhile outright :D ! My play schedule isn't particularly intense - log on when I think about it, farm some essence, log off. I have zero plans to write down all the spawn times and try to get on at those points! Occasionally, there might be one open when I log in, if so, I would hit it (or at least that's the possibility I'm considering). But that obviously takes away from guaranteed progress with gem shards and / or essence on a gamble that I might get something other than a random consumable that will sit in my inventory forever.

I think the best plan for me will be to see the items and prices in the store first. Then I can decide whether or not to go for the werechef if it's ever open when I jump on.
Thanks to both for your advice, I apreciate it.
InsertNameHere

Postby Kenner » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:59 pm

The only real worthwhile item are deviled egg and bacon recipes and the t19/21 Gears. Bacon used to be 100 silverware so I assume deviled egg is too or maybe venan was evil enough to make it even more expensive.

The t19 helmet used to be also 100 silverware and i have no club about the T21 recipe.

Assuming you have 50e you can hit 5 dungeons per spawn if entered as soon as it opens. This way you need to attend 20 full Spawns to get anything worthwhile. Or just go with lockbox and pay for the best.
Kenner

Postby InsertNameHere » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:13 am

Kenner wrote:Assuming you have 50e you can hit 5 dungeons per spawn if entered as soon as it opens. This way you need to attend 20 full Spawns to get anything worthwhile. Or just go with lockbox and pay for the best.

I have 32e :)
So that would be 34 spawns to get one item...

Lol. Sticking with farming essence it is then!!!
Thanks for the numbers, that's given me exactly the perspective I was looking for to decide.
InsertNameHere

Postby I_am_Shadowspawn » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:32 am

[

[/quote] The good events (Chef, Christmas Goblin, Tragick, and now the Pirate one) are worth hitting as a casual player if you can get on for as many as is reasonably possible. Throw as much as your e at it and save for the decent stuff such as high tier items or decent recipes. Any spare event currency should be lockboxed just before event end.

The bad events make this approach impossible. Halloween requires burning whether you have the lantern or not and if you hit every spawn. Lucky requires you drop cash or get obscenely lucky in a lockbox.

Overall, see if you can free enough time to hit plenty of times, you should be able to save enough to get what you want. If not, lockbox it all at the end and see if you get lucky.[/quote]

Agreed. Don't redeem anything until the event ends. Figure out what you wish to obtain based on what you have to spend. Set that amount aside and buy lockboxes hoping to get lucky and obtain one of those items thus freeing up additional funds to spend. Repeat as desired.

Sorry, messed up crediting the quote somehow.
I_am_Shadowspawn

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:45 am

Pirates is the best because it runs continuously. No need to check spawn times or try to be on at certain times.
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby Bbbb » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:18 pm

Kenner wrote:The only real worthwhile item are deviled egg and bacon recipes and the t19/21 Gears.

The Bacon recipe is absolutely not worth it. It is too expensive to craft for its offensive abilities. I only use it for emergency death avoidance purposes. Even when I used to play my high might toons regularly, I would only use like 4 to 6 pieces per year.
Bbbb

Postby Kenner » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:13 am

Bbbb wrote:
Kenner wrote:The only real worthwhile item are deviled egg and bacon recipes and the t19/21 Gears.

The Bacon recipe is absolutely not worth it. It is too expensive to craft for its offensive abilities. I only use it for emergency death avoidance purposes. Even when I used to play my high might toons regularly, I would only use like 4 to 6 pieces per year.

Bacon saved me plenty of times when that Hunter decided to do 4/5 rampages back to back.
Kenner

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:53 am

Kenner wrote:
Bbbb wrote:

Bacon saved me plenty of times when that Hunter decided to do 4/5 rampages back to back.

Yeah me too. Emergency ass-saving in TSR is the only thing I've ever used bacon for.
Illy_the_Red

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News