Tragick Valentine Event 2016

News for Book of Heroes.

Tragick Valentine Event 2016

Postby CheMClarc » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:52 pm

Tragick Valentine Event includes:

Tragick Valentine has returned to Glenfort. The immortal son of the Goddess Dunia, he has sworn to destroy all those who have found love and happiness, so that all may share in his misery since his own true love died long ago. The appearance of his temple means one thing - Valentine's Day has come, and his reign of terror is about to descend on Glenfort once again.

• New Unstable Tier 8 Gems!
  • Unique limited time background!
  • Tier 19 Weapons and Valentine themed items!
  • Stocked Valentine Lockbox including all of last year's items!

Unstable Gems:
  • Tragick's Unstable Gem of Rage: +16 Melee Multiplier with a reduction to yellow gems
  • Tragick's Unstable Gem of Romance: +16 Magic Multiplier with a reduction to yellow gems
  • Tragick's Unstable Gem of Love: +16 Health Multiplier with a reduction to yellow gems
  • Tragick's Unstable Gem of Sorrow: +16 Crit Multiplier with a reduction to blue gems
  • Tragick's Unstable Gem of Guilt: +16 Haste Multiplier with a reduction to blue gems
  • Tragick's Unstable Gem of Despair: +16 Dodge Multiplier with a reduction to blue gems
  • Tragick's Unstable Gem of Loyalty: +16 Crit Power Multiplier with a reduction to red gems
  • Tragick's Unstable Gem of Wisdom: +16 Magic Resist Multiplier with a reduction to red gems
  • Tragick's Unstable Gem of Envy: +16 Physical Resist Multiplier with a reduction to red gems

Details:

Event Start Time & Store Open Time:
Thursday, February 11th, 11:00 AM EST / 4:00 PM GMT

First Spawn:
Thursday, February 11th, 11:00 AM EST / 4:00 PM GMT

Last Spawn:
Monday, February 22th, 09:30 AM EST / 2:30 PM GMT

Event End Time & Store Close Time:
Tuesday, February 23rd, 11:00 AM EST / 4:00 PM GMT

Spawn Duration:
30 Minutes

Spawn Down Time:
3 hours

Due to the server outage, we have added an additional spawn of the Tragick Valentine event for Saturday, February 13th at 2pm EST / 7pm GMT.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Re: Tragick Valentine Event 2016

Postby Omnipotent » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:54 pm

I wonder if the new background shows the exodus of physical based players on their sojourn out of the realm.

That would be some background
Last edited by Omnipotent on Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omnipotent

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:01 pm

So there are unstable melee gems in the event, but not in the update?
Illy_the_Red

Postby Omnipotent » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:03 pm

Ilyana wrote:So there are unstable melee gems in the event, but not in the update?

Looks like it, the update brings the event.
Omnipotent

Postby etwister » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:32 pm

What do you mean with ''a reduction'?
etwister

Postby Sir_Thy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:43 pm

No new T20 gear expected with Tragick event? Maybe Lucky will bring them :)
Sir_Thy

Postby CheMClarc » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:51 pm

etwister wrote:What do you mean with ''a reduction'?

The effectiveness of gems of that color will be reduced by 20%. This allows players to favor one particular attribute over another depending on their current gem layout.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:05 pm

CheMClarc wrote:

The effectiveness of gems of that color will be reduced by 20%. This allows players to favor one particular attribute over another depending on their current gem layout.

Since you're here...why aren't there any physical gems in the update? Not the tragick ones, the new T8s? A few already asking this question in the update thread.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:53 pm

Ilyana wrote:
CheMClarc wrote:

Since you're here...why aren't there any physical gems in the update? Not the tragick ones, the new T8s? A few already asking this question in the update thread.

What's this then?

Tragick's Unstable Gem of Rage: +16 Melee Multiplier with a reduction to yellow gems
Bbbb

Postby Bbbb » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:12 pm

CheMClarc wrote:

Maybe I am missing something, but the numbers make no sense. In my current mage build, a magic gem would increase me from 1064 to 1216 on that one gem. My current total magic is 20,330 which leads to an unmodified damage increase of 2011. From experience, that's maybe a gain of 5 damage.

To get that, I'm giving up 20% of about 6K crit, 1K dodge, and 5K haste (all rounded down to try to offset the non-gem part of those numbers). Or about 2400 points. It would NEVER be worth it.

Do you mean that it will reduce the effectiveness of the gems of that color ON THE SAME PIECE OF EQUIPMENT by 20%? If so, that would mean a 14% increase in one stat vs a 20% decrease of another assuming one gem each. Given diminishing returns though, it is much worse than that. The ONLY case I can think of where this makes any logical sense to do the tradeoff is when you have an OP Mage/Justi build that doesn't care about defense (true in today's PvE with enough might) and you could squeeze out a tiny bit of crit/haste. There isn't enough there to even begin to tweak my interest.. If I could do magic/melee with a reduction in blue, I might be slightly interested.
Bbbb

Next

Return to Latest News