Were-Chef Event

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Were-Chef Event

Postby CheMClarc » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:07 am

Heroes!

The Were-Chef had his fill of Glenfort's tasty treats and you successfully ran him out into the wilderness, north of the castle.

He will not be spawning anymore as our initial times of spotting him were off by a time zone in which the last spawn of July 13th, 1:30 EDT was really 1:30 GMT (13:30 server time).

Colette's Finery will be open until July 14th @ 11am EDT / 3pm GMT (15:00 server time) to trade in all your Silverware for exclusive items.

Please use your Silverware before Colette's Finery closes or you will lose them. Can't afford an item? Use your leftover Silverware at Colette's Lockbox and see if you can take home a few items or unique consumables!
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Bimbosigliere » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:22 am

DELETED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby InsertNameHere » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:57 am

CheMClarc wrote:Heroes

He will not be spawning anymore as our initial times of spotting him were off by a time zone in which the last spawn of July 13th, 1:30 EDT was really 1:30 GMT (14:00 server time).

130GMT!=14:00 server.
InsertNameHere

Postby Salvatron » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:01 pm

No Venan... u cannot do this to us. i spent 8 pots n 1 gs to aline myself to be able to buy the bacon recipe. I'm sure many of us have spent pots n gs foe this event. u CANNOT just realize that there is an error at the last minute. u r robbing us!
Salvatron

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:10 pm

CheMClarc wrote:Heroes!

The Were-Chef had his fill of Glenfort's tasty treats and you successfully ran him out into the wilderness, north of the castle.

He will not be spawning anymore as our initial times of spotting him were off by a time zone in which the last spawn of July 13th, 1:30 EDT was really 1:30 GMT (14:00 server time).

Colette's Finery will be open until July 14th @ 11am EDT / 3pm GMT (15:00 server time) to trade in all your Silverware for exclusive items.

Please use your Silverware before Colette's Finery closes or you will lose them. Can't afford an item? Use your leftover Silverware at Colette's Lockbox and see if you can take home a few items or unique consumables!

This has happened before, so what will prevent it from happening again? For some it can come down to one or two spawns as to whether they get an item or not (some can't hit while at work, for example). Give players some confidence that you've looked into this and that it won't happen again.
Illy_the_Red

Postby CheMClarc » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:00 pm

Timezones are a tricky thing when it comes to engineering BUT we dotted our i's and crossed our t's to make sure that the schedule worked correctly. This error wasn't in our programming but an unfortunate human error in typing EDT instead of GMT in an internal email to the team.

We apologize for the inconvenience that has caused some players who could have used the last spawn to get all the items they desired. Colette's Finery will be open until July 14th @ 11am EDT / 3pm GMT (15:00 server time) for players to use the Silverware they currently have on items from the event.

Procedures have been tweaked and notes have been made to reduce this type of error from happening in future events.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
CheMClarc

Postby My_Starlight » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Will unspent Silverware carry over to next year's event?
My_Starlight

Postby CheMClarc » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:22 pm

Çaürîøn wrote:Will unspent Silverware carry over to next year's event?

No, please spend your Silverware before the shop closes.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
CheMClarc

Postby Derrin_Watson » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:07 pm

Yes. I had a toon adversely affected by the error. So I spent less than $2 and dealt with it. Oh, the commerce 2 elixir, being replaced by a new one this week, doesn't hurt a thing.

It's not the end of the world but it isn't worth a lot of commentary. Chem says that they've learned from it and will try not to have it happen again. That's about all we can expect, folks. As a GM of an international guild, I can easily appreciate the problem with time zones. Not everything is worth free shields or free e pots or free gear or whatever other freebie you want to name.

Let's move along, folks. Nothing to see here.
Derrin_Watson

Postby Peaches_Jersey3200 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:29 am

Derrin_Watson wrote:Let's move along, folks. Nothing to see here.

Derrin, although it didn't cost you much to get your 1 toon there. Other people had multiple toons that were close but with the error cost them something they worked for almost 2 weeks to obtain and couldn't get. Some burned pots and gs to get even closer and still could not obtain. These small errors are causing even more people to lose faith in and walk away from our beloved game.
Did anyone have the tier 19 drop from lockbox? I would love to hear how many were lucky enough to receive it, if any at all.
Peaches_Jersey3200

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News