Weekly Quests!

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Weekly Quests!

Postby DreamingDæmon » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:20 am

Ilyana wrote:Just want some variety...the 'eventquests' aren't really doing much if they're PvP based (which is just irritating to those who hate or don't do PvP) or monster based (you just do them by raiding).

I liked the ones that took us away for a brief skip into long-forgotten areas like the dungeon quests. Doesn't exactly take a tremendous amount of effort and not everything should be gauged vs raids.

Plus that was only an example. It could be 1 rare spawn only, or some kind of puzzle like the Ironhaven shards (sort of) were.

I agree re variety. The Dungeon Quest was my favourite to date because it combined variety, going back to places I've not seen in a loooong time, and it was easy to do in between other activities, and had a good rewards structure - it ticked all the boxes.

Although I generally don't care about PvP, I've done the events just to show willing. With 4 toons and no $ used I've completed in <2 days both times with minimal effort. OK, so my attempt to continue doing PvP died a couple of days after starting, but maybe some more people started and continued, and gave that area of the game a boost.

I mention raid drain because that seems to particularly be an issue again right now even without events. Top guilds are struggling to consistently gold raids in-house the way they could do easily a few months ago. There seems to be a general air of burnout with people playing less, or even not playing at all. This is all hurting guilds & raiding, which leads to a downward spiral as it causes more people to become despondent and reduce play. Anything which exacerbates this is probably not helpful.

We need something to galvanise play, but short of a PvE update with new areas / raids or some other major change (all of which take a lot more time to design and develop than for players to complete, get bored with, and start whining about lack of content again!), I really don't know what will give one. Events that keep people logging in regularly for a day or two to complete are a band-aid at best, as they don't stimulate long-term interest or commitment, no matter how "different" they are.

My own opinion is that this is in large due to the extreme grind for high-level enchants, which is the only progression at end-game. I have zero interest in spending $ to burn for enchant mats to hit level 9s. The RoI is rubbish, and all it does is mean that when a new tier gear comes out, there will be even more spending/grinding for mats required in order to use new gear, which detracts from enjoying the new content. This is why I haven't spent any $ in months, and am playing much less, from being a multiple-wagon-a-week, hitting-a-raid-during-my-3am-visit-to-the-toilet addict at one time.
Maybe as far as others are concerned I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but this is true for me.

Whoa. Tangent. Originally unintended (I just meant to agree about variety and say raids seemed to be struggling atm so that's why I mentioned raid drain impact), but I'll leave it to stand.
DreamingDæmon

Postby Gary_ » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:40 am

I agree DD...it has become a bit tedious, if I can paraphrase. I haven't bought a wagon in three weeks and continue to talk myself out of doing so... :|
Edited: bought 4 wagons 7/5/2015 :D
Last edited by Gary_ on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary_

Postby Jumper » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:30 am

DreamingDæmon wrote:We need something to galvanise play, but short of a PvE update with new areas / raids or some other major change (all of which take a lot more time to design and develop than for players to complete, get bored with, and start whining about lack of content again!), I really don't know what will give one. Events that keep people logging in regularly for a day or two to complete are a band-aid at best, as they don't stimulate long-term interest or commitment, no matter how "different" they are.

My own opinion is that this is in large due to the extreme grind for high-level enchants, which is the only progression at end-game. I have zero interest in spending $ to burn for enchant mats to hit level 9s. The RoI is rubbish, and all it does is mean that when a new tier gear comes out, there will be even more spending/grinding for mats required in order to use new gear, which detracts from enjoying the new content.

Completely right.
Jumper

Postby Bbbb » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:57 am

DreamingDæmon wrote: Events that keep people logging in regularly for a day or two to complete are a band-aid at best, as they don't stimulate long-term interest or commitment, no matter how "different" they are.

Yeah, I have mixed feelings. I realize that they are an easy to implement band-aid to give players more to do. I understand and not arguing against it.

However, my question is whether they are keeping people around or just burning them out more. Let's look at last week, first, I hate PvP but the return was good enough to tempt me. I ran 5 toons through the event and then I tried to help my secondary guild by hitting blue bags all weekend with 2 toons.

By Sunday afternoon, I had no desire to play BoH at all and still don't. I'm not at the level Raiden is but am not too far from there. I'm going to play less and we'll see where that takes us. Like DD, I haven't really used GS in months.
Bbbb

Monster Hunter & WereChef

Postby Bj_Knows » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:11 am

Since the Weekly Quest Event is Monster Hunter, Cassidy is using the spare energy for Crypt of Corruption while Galadriel is using it to Farm the Flame Cavern Infinite Encounter Zone.

(Edit: Found an easier way to use the chart, Derrin's schedule is still aweSPOON)

I have been using this Regen Chart ( viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7500 ) and Derrin_Watson's aweSPOON schedule ( viewtopic.php?p=42468#p42468 ) to calculate my spare energy between Were Chef appearances.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Previous

Return to Latest News