Weekly Leaderboard Rewards

News for Book of Heroes.

Weekly Leaderboard Rewards

Postby LordNathor » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:12 am

Greetings adventurers!

We will be activating the leaderboard reward system for this week's competition period (October 9th through October 15th, server time). This means that placing near the top of the weekly Hero Score leaderboard or guild raid leaderboards will entitle you or your guild to prizes. Read on for more details.

What leaderboards are there?
The following leaderboards have been added to the game in 1.4.2:

• Overall Might Rating - (Character) Highest current might.
  • Overall Hero Score - (Character) Highest current Hero Score.
  • Hero Score - Current - (Character) The most Hero Score earned during the current competition week, excluding score from Achievements.
  • Squire Tier Guild Power - Current - (Guild) Total power earned from any raid that rewards Squire's Valor during the current competition week.
  • Soldier Tier Guild Power - Current - (Guild) Total power earned from any raid that rewards Soldier's Valor during the current competition week.
  • Knight Tier Guild Power - Current - (Guild) Total power earned from any raid that rewards Knight's Valor during the current competition week.

Where can I view the leaderboards?
All leaderboards can be viewed by visiting the Mucky Duck Inn within Glenfort and pressing the Leaderboards button. Results for the current and previous weeks are displayed here.

When does a "competition week" begin and end?
Each competition week begins and ends on Tuesday at midnight UTC/GMT time (Monday 8:00 PM EDT/Monday 5:00 PM PDT). At this time, the weekly leaderboards are reset.

How do I win rewards?
Rewards are only provided for the weekly leaderboards. The reward tables are listed below.

• Hero Score - Current
    • Top 5 - 1000 Hero Tokens, Blessing of Commerce III, and a Top 5 Medal
    • Top 25 - 500 Hero Tokens, Blessing of Commerce II, and a Top 25 Medal
    • Top 100 - 250 Hero Tokens, Blessing of Commerce I, and a Top 100 Medal
    • Top 250 - 100 Hero Tokens and a Top 250 Medal
  • Squire Tier Guild Power - Current
    • First Place - 500 guild prestige, 25000 guild XP
    • Second Place - 375 guild prestige, 18750 guild XP
    • Third Place - 250 guild prestige, 12500 guild XP
  • Soldier Tier Guild Power - Current
    • First Place - 1000 guild prestige, 50000 guild XP
    • Second Place - 750 guild prestige, 37500 guild XP
    • Third Place - 500 guild prestige, 25000 guild XP
  • Knight Tier Guild Power - Current
    • First Place - 2000 guild prestige, 100000 guild XP
    • Second Place - 1500 guild prestige, 75000 guild XP
    • Third Place - 1000 guild prestige, 50000 guild XP

Does my character get a reward if my guild wins one of the leaderboard competitions?
There are currently no individual character awards given to members of winning guilds. This may change in the future.

When are the rewards handed out?
For this first week, we will deliver the rewards as a manual procedure on the day after the competition week ends. For future weeks, we will be moving to an automated process so that winners will receive their rewards more quickly.

What is a Blessing of Commerce?
A Blessing of Commerce is a new blessing that is currently only available as a leaderboard reward. These blessings provide store discounts for in-game items, such as those purchased at the Temple or Majerio's Store. Currency conversions and lockbox purchases are excluded.

Different ranks of the Blessing of Commerce do not stack with each other.

The Blessing of Commerce lasts for 48 hours once activated.

What are the medals for?
Currently, the medals are placeholder vanity items. We expect to provide a way to exchange these medals for some additional reward or credit in the future.
LordNathor

Re: Weekly Leaderboard Rewards

Postby Celestial_Cavalier » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:42 pm

The individual rewards are actually quite nice and all the way to top 250. I used to play an online game with a similar system but only top 100 and no rewards. Basically it's just bragging rights.

How about the top 5/25/100/250 medals are they going to be items in the inventory or something else?

Lastly how about last week's results? Do we get retroactive rewards or not?
Celestial_Cavalier

Postby Little_Mike » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:46 pm

Celestial_Cavalier wrote:How about the top 5/25/100/250 medals are they going to be items in the inventory or something else?

The medals are going to be unsellable items in your inventory. At the moment, they do nothing, but at some point we expect to introduce rewards you can get for redeeming them.

Celestial_Cavalier wrote:Lastly how about last week's results? Do we get retroactive rewards or not?

There will be no rewards for last week's results as it was a shorter week due to releasing the update on Friday. We were also using that time to fix bugs on the server and making sure the leaderboards worked properly.
Little_Mike

Postby Romain » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:37 am

Aren't the guild prestige awards a bit too high? Considering most guilds are below 50k, 2k a week seems quite a lot to me. Especially in comparison to the past few months were only 3 guilds have shared the top spot and didn't get anything (I'm not a member of either CB, Zen or KGW so it's not an issue for me).
Romain

Postby Lodel » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:46 pm

While I certainly appreciate seeing weekly rewards and some extra competition, it seems unfortunate to me that the best way to be competitive with the individual contest (hero score) is to avoid raids and focus on farming Trask since the energy spent to hero score ratio is lower for raids. Add to this that the individual reward is tangible (blessing and hero tokens) while the guild reward is basically bragging rights only. Hopefully this will not result in fewer people participating in raids.

I would personally rather see a reward/contest system that does more to encourage raids and teamwork.
Lodel

XP Rewards, Unlocking Raids & Guild Favors

Postby Bj_Knows » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Lodel wrote: while the guild reward is basically bragging rights only.

The XP Rewards for leading Guilds in Squire Valor and Soldier Valor will help Guilds level faster. I was Mercing in one Guild that needed Pirates for two different in progress Guild Favors. Each Pirate killed had a chance of dropping challenge loot for both Favors. Even if one Favor needs Beasts and the other needs Goblins, many groups are mixed. Having multiple in progress Favors reduces the total energy required to get a Favor. With the lower number of Raids needed to Unlock a new Raid (higher Raids pay more XP and Valor), and the Guild Leaderboards, I would expect more Guilds to "double up" on in progress Guild Favors.

The last Guild Favor adds +5% Crit allowing Justicars and War Mages to get a 55% in Crit. The sooner you unlock that Favor, they happier those two classes will be with your Guild.
Last edited by Bj_Knows on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Sticking with One Guild or Going Solo?

Postby Bj_Knows » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:12 pm

Lodel wrote: Hopefully this will not result in fewer people participating in raids.

I would personally rather see a reward/contest system that does more to encourage raids and teamwork.

This requires some clarification and discussion:

LordNathor wrote:
What is a Blessing of Commerce?
A Blessing of Commerce is a new blessing that is currently only available as a leaderboard reward. These blessings provide store discounts for in-game items, such as those purchased at the Temple or Majerio's Store. Currency conversions and lockbox purchases are excluded.

Different ranks of the Blessing of Commerce do not stack with each other.

The Blessing of Commerce lasts for 48 hours once activated.

Currently the Best Items can only be bought with Valor (Tier 11 items, Tier 10 items and Tier 4 Gems) which is mostly earned doing Raids. Will the Blessing of Commerce work with these items (All Majerio's Shop)? or will the Blessing of Commerce only give discounts on Silver Coin items (Some Majerio's Shop & All Temple)?

Currently the best way to earn Hero Tokens are Raids. If you are a heavy Raider/ Merc on this Forum, do you earn more Hero Tokens per week then the listed rewards?

My first impression upon reading this topic/ thread: This seem to reward people who Raid with one Guild (XP Reward for top Guild that week), More Raids will get your Guild higher on the Leaderboard, More Raids will give you more Valor (if Blessing of Commerce works with Valor items), and Farm to help complete the Guild Favor (energy wasted while waiting for Raids to Cooldown). It seems to be some sort of Guild Loyalty System like people keep asking for on the Forum. Or maybe not. What do people think?
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Little_Mike » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:24 pm

The Blessing of Commerce does work with Valor items. Blessing of Commerce I gives a 5% discount, II a 10% discount, and III a 20% discount.
Little_Mike

Postby Vexis_Larseker » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:18 pm

I like all of this except for the guild prestige rewards. I agree with Romain - they are way too high. Prestige seemed to originally be about what collective feats your guild accomplished, and now it's going to be about who does the most raids - which is what power was supposed to reflect.

Why not take the prestige rewards off and make them power rewards instead? And maybe create a set of guild leaderboards that reflect the prestige rewards - most bandits killed for the week (top 3 guilds), most pirates killed for the week, etc. Give guilds prestige rewards for that, and then guilds might have another objective to focus on in addition to raiding.
Vexis_Larseker

Postby Musketeer » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Lodel wrote:While I certainly appreciate seeing weekly rewards and some extra competition, it seems unfortunate to me that the best way to be competitive with the individual contest (hero score) is to avoid raids and focus on farming Trask since the energy spent to hero score ratio is lower for raids.

Add to this that the individual reward is tangible (blessing and hero tokens) while the guild reward is basically bragging rights only. Hopefully this will not result in fewer people participating in raids.

True, you can score Hero points fastest by farming Trask (caveat below), but you won't be earning hero tokens for use in training, or Valor for spending on equipment and gems. You might top the weekly table, but the reward of 1,000 hero tokens is a lot less than you could earn in normal raiding in the same time, and without Valor to spend what use is the blessing of commerce to the level 25 characters, who are not spending silver except on lockboxes?

Caveat - with the enslaught section in WoF, some characters, especially Shadow Warriors, are racking up big RPP scores without having to use Gold Shields by the ton, and consequently bigger hero point gain. I've done this raid several times with my SW and can easily get 10,000+ RPP without spending any gold shields if I'm attending the raid in full and get in on the whole of the onslaught phase.

Caveat 2 - with people using GS in raids (and I see toons of 10250+ might still burning GS like crazy) the hero points being racked up exceed what any normal player could get farming Trask 24/7 (i.e. no sleep all week, just farm Trask) without burning GS. Are you really going to expend prescious GS to farm Trask?

There are 10080 minutes in the competition week to regain energy. If you score an average of 13 Hero Points per energy point spent farming Trask (which is generous after averaging several Trask runs), that's a maximum 52,416 Hero Points earnt in the week, without using GS refills. The current board leaders have more than that already, and we still have days to go in the competition.

I suspect most players will, after the initial excitement wears off, just carry on playing at their usual rate, and accept any competition rewards as an unexpected bonus. If you're close to a break point (e.g. you're stading at 105th place with a few hours to go) you might whack in a few Trask dungeons to try to get into the top 100, but if everyone is doing the same it'll all even out in the end.

Question on the Blessing of Commerce, Mike - is this activated automatically when awarded, or does it sit latent until the player is ready to activate it themselves (at the temple presumably) to make best use of it?
Musketeer

Next

Return to Latest News