Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby _Raiden » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:21 pm

Thank you for the change in the silver n ess drops .
Now the game is more playable n enjoyed the way it should be
_Raiden

Postby Kenner » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:56 pm

CodeMonkey wrote:Intense Focus sticking was actually a bug with onslaught mode that would happen if you killed him during a heal. The buff was only supposed to be there while he was channeling, but when he 'died' and reset in onslaught mode the game was not correctly removing the channeled buff.

We may be able to bring it back in a future client update, but we can't fix the underlying problem w/o a code change.

I already thought so, this also goes for LoB P3 where IF sticks after killing it when it used strategic shift. A New code would benefit both raids imo.
Kenner

Postby Saraa » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:42 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:
DoyleDD wrote:Thanks for the changes Venan but I wish IF had remained just tweaked a bit so phase 3 wasn't soooo hard. Could there be a compromise? Maybe timed IF or he won't rampage and IF at the same time. But thank you for the changes much appreciated :)

How is it more difficult now he doesn't have a SR buff that you have to wait out? The change was asked for, a minority now complain the change was too much - it wasn't. Tbh the main issues (phys resist not really changing and his damage) are still the primary ones. He doesn't need extra buffs to make it even more difficult for certain classes.

P3 of SR was meant to be challenging/difficult for high might, end game toons. I agree that Venan originally missed the mark slightly with toons constantly dying but I didn't hear anyone asking for IF to be removed completely, just tweaked so it didn't stay on continuously for half a round so not sure where your "minority" comment comes from. Physical resist issues aside, I didn't find p3 to be any more or less challenging with any one class before this most recent update and I imagine it's only gotten easier since.
Personally, with the removal of IF, I find p3 to be almost mindless button mashing, having to pay attention only when rampage is active. The few people I've talked to since the nerf to p3 all agree that, while the phase is now more enjoyable, it's also become too easy and are welcome to bringing back IF in some capacity, and I tend to agree with them.
Saraa

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:40 am

There were plenty of people asking for it to be changed, and a minority who wanted it changed but to their own personal specification as if that was an option. It was nerfed, as it should have been. He doesn't need an additional status resist buff on top of the starting buff he almost always has that boosts KBR and gives 30% damage boost, and rampage which seems to increase haste and damage. The problem wasn't just with IF though, the problem was high death rates among maxed toons. As was pointed out originally, it's not like you can grow your gear and gems to get more damage or defence. If you've only got enchants left it's painfully slow raising those, and costs gs for the gravers anyway.

As for classes, the raid is distinctly harder for SWs to do well in. Melee is unusable (can't try the Melee crit gems as yet, they may help a little) unless you can use Death Wish properly. Poison is better but again you can't use Death Wish so your damage isn't at parity with mages and Justicars. The phys resist tweaks had no noticeable effect, to the point where I don't think they even did it and the T8/14 gems will always impact your damage because they can only be used in the 4th slot. Venan had some good ideas with this update but most of them fell flat on their face because of poor implementation. It's a shame because with a few tweaks the new gems would've been a good chase item. They should've just been the appropriate colour - specific crit gems yellow and crit power/resists blue.
Illy_the_Red

Postby BaneFirerises » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:01 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:There were plenty of people asking for it to be changed, and a minority who wanted it changed but to their own personal specification as if that was an option. It was nerfed, as it should have been. He doesn't need an additional status resist buff on top of the starting buff he almost always has that boosts KBR and gives 30% damage boost, and rampage which seems to increase haste and damage. The problem wasn't just with IF though, the problem was high death rates among maxed toons. As was pointed out originally, it's not like you can grow your gear and gems to get more damage or defence. If you've only got enchants left it's painfully slow raising those, and costs gs for the gravers anyway.

As for classes, the raid is distinctly harder for SWs to do well in. Melee is unusable (can't try the Melee crit gems as yet, they may help a little) unless you can use Death Wish properly. Poison is better but again you can't use Death Wish so your damage isn't at parity with mages and Justicars. The phys resist tweaks had no noticeable effect, to the point where I don't think they even did it and the T8/14 gems will always impact your damage because they can only be used in the 4th slot. Venan had some good ideas with this update but most of them fell flat on their face because of poor implementation. It's a shame because with a few tweaks the new gems would've been a good chase item. They should've just been the appropriate colour - specific crit gems yellow and crit power/resists blue.

Plenty asked for it to be changed but not removed altogether.

My SW is 54k and I average 10 kills, before update, with no elixirs so not great but not bad. The raid was hard and frustrating at times but challenging. The only real issue I had with P3 was when both IF and rampage were active at the same time. SR is the top raid in the game so it should be challenging.

As for SW damage, I agree that we need to hit a bit harder but not necessarily on a par with Mage or Justi. Three classes equals three different styles each with pros and cons(except for Mages who are clearly OP!). What's the point of having three classes if people want them all to be the same? SW are ninjas so we don't hit quite as hard but we hit more often. If you want pure power then the Mage/Justi class would suit you better.
BaneFirerises

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:19 am

BaneFirerises wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:There were plenty of people asking for it to be changed, and a minority who wanted it changed but to their own personal specification as if that was an option. It was nerfed, as it should have been. He doesn't need an additional status resist buff on top of the starting buff he almost always has that boosts KBR and gives 30% damage boost, and rampage which seems to increase haste and damage. The problem wasn't just with IF though, the problem was high death rates among maxed toons. As was pointed out originally, it's not like you can grow your gear and gems to get more damage or defence. If you've only got enchants left it's painfully slow raising those, and costs gs for the gravers anyway.

Plenty asked for it to be changed but not removed altogether.

My SW is 54k and I average 10 kills, before update, with no elixirs so not great but not bad. The raid was hard and frustrating at times but challenging. The only real issue I had with P3 was when both IF and rampage were active at the same time. SR is the top raid in the game so it should be challenging.

As for SW damage, I agree that we need to hit a bit harder but not necessarily on a par with Mage or Justi. Three classes equals three different styles each with pros and cons(except for Mages who are clearly OP!). What's the point of having three classes if people want them all to be the same? SW are ninjas so we don't hit quite as hard but we hit more often. If you want pure power then the Mage/Justi class would suit you better.

My SW is now 66k+. It's possible to perform well in SR P3 with melee, but you need a lot of luck, Death Wish, and four elixirs for it to be close to viable. It may be slightly, but not much, easier with the phys resist gems (it's still just as much about doing damage to them as it is resisting the damage to you).

Plenty asked for IF to be removed because it was a significant problem. I think enough has been said on it (from what the dev said it may just be a bug that it's completely gone anyway).

I understand what you're saying about 'hit more often, not as hard'. However the base haste of a non-buffed SW will be in the range of .58 to .62 or thereabouts (axe slightly slower). That's actually slower than a lot of Mage attacks with their 2H weapon, with 2H damage (shard, magma, blast, lash, grasp are all pretty fast attacks for a 2H weapon). Only Incinerate seems to have the expected haste value for a 2H attack (of the WM single target attacks). Justicars go as slow as you'd expect attack-wise, but then a sword-wielding justicar is going to be in region of .66. Overall, the haste benefit for a SW isn't worth the damage limitation - you hit faster, but the overall net damage doesn't get up to where the other two are. Not to mention WMs have a host of attacks that are faster anyway, so get to bypass the whole haste/damage balance. Overall when they change and rebalance the classes the haste/damage setup needs to be reexamined.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Jumper » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:38 am

WM are only as good as the buffs.... we don't have a "speed up cooldown" feature which is nice to get health pot refreshed after 10 rampages in a row. I did like the IF (but not that it could last forever) It made you think for sure. I think this was a short term solution to the coding issue and I'm sure Venan will figure something out.
Jumper

Postby Bbbb » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:30 pm

Jumper wrote:we don't have a "speed up cooldown" feature which is nice to get health pot refreshed after 10 rampages in a row.

Sure we do - it is called Bacon.
Bbbb

Postby Jumper » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:04 pm

well I don't have bacon recipe :(
Jumper

Postby Bbbb » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:21 pm

Jumper wrote:well I don't have bacon recipe :(

I got the recipe, cooked a bunch, and then didn't use a single piece for over a year until the SR raid was introduced.....
Bbbb

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates