Client Update 2.6.0 - Server Maintenance

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Client Update 2.6.0 - Server Maintenance

Postby Sir_TâpsØlòt » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:29 am

Its been a few weeks now so I'm starting to think the devs are just going to leave it alone. Intense focus is a total pain in the cornhole IMO. I do what I can to allow him to heal but no matter what my poison cloud always finds a way to kill him off before he can cast the heal. Anyone actually try this phase as a physical build walker? Maybe its good for this phase but I just assume its broken just like in all the other phases of the new raids. Guess I'll give it a shot because cloud always get me stuck in the Intense Focus/Rampage combo from hell.
Sir_TâpsØlòt

Postby CheMClarc » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:40 am

Hi folks! We are looking to tweak a few things in the new content and fix some bugs while we work on the Lucky event. We have this thread as part of our feedback notes to work in to our changes. We will try to get these adjustments to you as soon as we can.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:29 am

TäpZíllâ wrote:Its been a few weeks now so I'm starting to think the devs are just going to leave it alone. Intense focus is a total pain in the cornhole IMO. I do what I can to allow him to heal but no matter what my poison cloud always finds a way to kill him off before he can cast the heal. Anyone actually try this phase as a physical build walker? Maybe its good for this phase but I just assume its broken just like in all the other phases of the new raids. Guess I'll give it a shot because cloud always get me stuck in the Intense Focus/Rampage combo from hell.

As a melee SW, it is almost completely broken. You NEED Death Wish to do anywhere near enough damage. The only way I've found to make it work is:

Note: you can't just put health gems on. Your damage will suffer like nothing else. 1H physical builds are the most challenging to squeeze damage from (my 27k War Mage already does WAY more damage on average than anything I've ever done with melee SW that is nearly two and half times the might).

- Use Haste, Power, Protection & Health elixirs. Obviously this means that to run this raid in this build it will cost you some serious GS. Lucky Venan.
- On top of that, you need a further haste boost from potions and a crit boost from any source you can.
- You need a potion of dodge active all the time. Anything else invites death.
- You need to hit Defend on certain attacks as they can OHK. This is even with two level VIII and one VII defence enchant AND some phys resist gems.
- As B4 said, you need some bacon to hand as there WILL be times you cannot heal and he is about to kill you with one of his heavy attacks like Quad Strike.
- Break runes are a must, even though there will be times when you can't even use them because...Intense Focus says you can't.
- Get his defence down with spirit runes whenever possible otherwise damage will suffer. Intense Focus will keep you from doing this most of the time.
- Pray. Even with all of the above, I've been killed because he can do two attacks in the space of .38-.4 seconds. Even with all the haste buffs in the world, if you've used your defend there is a high chance he will hit. I've been up at very high dodge % and been hit over and over even through defend.

Unfortunately melee SWs are also broken in Spider Queen P3, as she has by observation such high physical resist that it's like hitting her with a toothpick. To test I tried both builds and my unfinished poison build carves through her like butter even without any buffs whatsoever. All I needed was a poison build and death wish.

This all comes across as a purely intentional nerf from Venan - switch to poison builds permanently because we say so...so much for variety in the game. Now everybody uses magic or will very soon.
Illy_the_Red

Postby DiMoSauR » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:32 am

CheMClarc wrote:Hi folks! We are looking to tweak a few things in the new content and fix some bugs while we work on the Lucky event. We have this thread as part of our feedback notes to work in to our changes. We will try to get these adjustments to you as soon as we can.

When will u fix JC for Onslaught??? It's been 2 years now the public is asking for this and still u haven't made an effort , why do u keep ignoring? Don't we spend enough like the rest of the players ? I thought u mentioned in earlier posts * we will listen to what u have to say* so far u have done absolutely nothing and not only that but u also destroyed melee class.....
Last edited by DiMoSauR on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiMoSauR

Postby Bbbb » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:18 pm

I understand about the Justi's issues with normal OS. However, the one time I tried on the Hunter P3 with my melee build without elixirs, it seemed on par with my mage. I'd like to hear the thoughts of a Justi guru (e.g. Salad? Derrin?) on that phase.
Bbbb

Postby _Raiden » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:47 pm

Bbbb wrote:I understand about the Justi's issues with normal OS. However, the one time I tried on the Hunter P3 with my melee build without elixirs, it seemed on par with my mage. I'd like to hear the thoughts of a Justi guru (e.g. Salad? Derrin?) on that phase.

Im no guru but i think i do ok in hunter p3 i avg about 8-10 kills with melee build
_Raiden

Postby DiMoSauR » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:56 pm

Bbbb wrote:I understand about the Justi's issues with normal OS. However, the one time I tried on the Hunter P3 with my melee build without elixirs, it seemed on par with my mage. I'd like to hear the thoughts of a Justi guru (e.g. Salad? Derrin?) on that phase.

U heard it from a good guru here Bb
DiMoSauR

Postby DiMoSauR » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:57 pm

_Raiden wrote:

Im no guru but i think i do ok in hunter p3 i avg about 8-10 kills with melee build

Raiden it's not about just doing OK,it's about being competitive against other classes Kills per Wave...don't u think 2 years asking to fix it is enough?
DiMoSauR

Postby Fara » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:16 am

Justi is much easier than sw in hunter P3
Fara

Postby Fara » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:17 am

I hope the tweaks include pure essence drops in all phases and lots in hunter p3. :)
Fara

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates