iOS Version Deprecation for Book of Heroes

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

iOS Version Deprecation for Book of Heroes

Postby CheMClarc » Thu May 07, 2015 4:12 pm

Heroes!

Due to upcoming changes on Third Party API requirements, we will soon be raising the minimum platform requirements for Book of Heroes. The minimum requirements for our next client update will be iOS 7.0.

Unfortunately, this means that support for certain devices that cannot run on iOS 7.0, will be ending with our next client update.

• iPod touch (4th Gen/FaceTime)
  • iPod touch (4th Gen, 2011)
  • iPod touch (4th Gen, 2012)
  • iPhone 3GS
If you are going to be affected by this upcoming change, we highly recommend that you secure your account with a VenanID. This will preserve your heroes and game progress, and let you transfer them to a new device at any point in the future.

Thank you all for your continued support of Book of Heroes, and good luck on your upcoming adventures!

-The Book of Heroes Team
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Re: iOS Version Deprecation for Book of Heroes

Postby Deathtomonsters » Thu May 07, 2015 4:19 pm

Thank you for the warning on this. Is there an estimated time that this will need to be done by?
Deathtomonsters

Postby DiMoSauR » Thu May 07, 2015 4:41 pm

Does this mean we gettin updated soon?!!!
DiMoSauR

Postby __Q__ » Thu May 07, 2015 4:51 pm

Sounds like they are working on it
__Q__

Postby Bbbb » Thu May 07, 2015 8:30 pm

7 sucks. I would go back to 6 if I could.

The exact issue is that on an iPad 2 if you have BoH open and then 99% of the time you try to open anything else (even the settings menu sometimes), BoH restarts from the first screen. I know it is iOS 7 as there is a thread on the Apple forums with hundreds of posts about the problem. 8 didn't fix it from what I understand either.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri May 08, 2015 4:09 am

I saw it all the time on my 4S, and that was on an earlier version than 7. Recently upgraded phone to 5S and on most recent version of iOS it happens far less, but does still happen occasionally. On 4S it would require logging in again even if you did something small like check SMS and launching a web browser was right out.

Battery life seems to be much better so I can only conclude that BoH seriously taxes the older phone/tablet chips. Venan always denied increased battery usage though. It got noticeably poorer after 2.0 and stayed that way until I changed device.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri May 08, 2015 4:10 am

__Q__ wrote:Sounds like they are working on it

That could mean anything from one to twelve months then :-P
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Fri May 08, 2015 3:14 pm

Ilyana wrote:Battery life seems to be much better so I can only conclude that BoH seriously taxes the older phone/tablet chips. Venan always denied increased battery usage though. It got noticeably poorer after 2.0 and stayed that way until I changed device.

You can't compare an older battery versus a new one. The new one is going to have much better life no matter the app.

BoH is the worst battery draining app I have regardless of iOS device. The only thing that comes close is Walking War Robots and that's real-time 3D combat - it should drain the battery.

I would love to see a BoH with all the needless stuff (e.g. the usually out of date text scroll during raids, the snowflakes, etc) turned off and see how much better the battery drain is.

Just in case someone doesn't know this, the best way to save battery is to reduce the brightness of the screen.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri May 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Ilyana wrote:Battery life seems to be much better so I can only conclude that BoH seriously taxes the older phone/tablet chips. Venan always denied increased battery usage though. It got noticeably poorer after 2.0 and stayed that way until I changed device.

You can't compare an older battery versus a new one. The new one is going to have much better life no matter the app.

BoH is the worst battery draining app I have regardless of iOS device. The only thing that comes close is Walking War Robots and that's real-time 3D combat - it should drain the battery.

I would love to see a BoH with all the needless stuff (e.g. the usually out of date text scroll during raids, the snowflakes, etc) turned off and see how much better the battery drain is.

Just in case someone doesn't know this, the best way to save battery is to reduce the brightness of the screen.

I had a 3GS, switched to a 4S and battery drain from BoH did not noticeably change. After 2.0, it did.

Also, the heat generated by those older devices was far greater than any other game or app I have. It was in a very specific area of those devices, suggesting higher chip usage.
Illy_the_Red

Return to Game Updates