Server Maintenance - September 16, 2014

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Server Maintenance - September 16, 2014

Postby CheMClarc » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:39 pm

Avast, Heroes!

Ye should be expecting a touch of down-time for around 30 minutes tomorrow (Tuesday) at 11am EDT/3pm GMT.

Captain Darkthorn's dread pirate crew continues to fall back against the tidal wave o' destruction from Glenfort's finest warriors! After the down-time, ye can expect to see the following changes:

The number o' waves in the Pirate Invasion raid will dramatically decrease! Those pirates be runnin' scared, now!

The overall Doubloon reward pool for the Pirate Invasion raid will increase! An' more Doubloons makes for happy pirates!

Captain Darkthorn's level, health, the frequency of his heals, and the frequency of powder keg will all be decreased.

That ought'a take some o' the wind out of his sails!
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Re: Server Maintenance - September 16, 2014

Postby Bbbb » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:45 pm

Anything for the failed raids that occurred before Saturday's change?
Bbbb

Postby Nek_the_Moshi_Finger » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:47 pm

Will raids in progress auto complete during this update? Or will we just not have access during the update window? Considering the update affects this raid, I would think they would have to auto complete. I await patiently for a reply.

Also, will failed raids still receive consolation dabloons?

Thank you.
Nek_the_Moshi_Finger

Postby CheMClarc » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:05 pm

An unknown hero will join the battle against the pirates and help complete the raid when the server goes down for maintenance.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Nek_the_Moshi_Finger » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:07 pm

CheMClarc wrote:An unknown hero will join the battle against the pirates and help complete the raid when the server goes down for maintenance.

Awesome! Thank you for the quick reply to my question.
Nek_the_Moshi_Finger

Postby DreamingDæmon » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:24 pm

A welcome step in the right direction, but too little, too late.

At that point, the event will be nearly half over, meaning that the difficulty was too high for that period, with associated higher costs - both in game (runes, healthpots etc) and outside (time spent, $ cost of refills). During that period, the rewards were also too low.

The raider cap is not mentioned so we assume it remains 40. This means that a handful of deadbeat participants can damage a raid, or incur additional expense for the active raiders.

At the very least, the following is required in addition to what is stated above to rescue some goodwill:
* Extend the event duration by 4-5 days so players have access to the revised event for the full 10 days.
* Increase the raider cap to 60-100 so a few non active raiders don't ruin the raid.
* Credit all players who have taken part so far with additional event coins to bring what they have already received into line with the revised payouts.

Personally, I haven't taken part, I have nothing to gain or lose from what happens next. I do not plan to take part - as much as a t17 weapon appeals, the events so far have soured this enough that I won't go near it.

The big question is...
I could see coming exactly what has happened* - so why, if a player could anticipate this, didn't Venan even consider the possibility and have a contingency ready in case it did?

* just ask HJ - we were discussing this right before launch, and my "negative" view went down badly!
DreamingDæmon

Postby DiMoSauR » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:59 pm

All that great,makin it easier and better payout" how about the ones that we burnt like hell in day 1 so we don't let the raid fail,and the payouts were so low?any sign of any form of compensation? We're out of gs because of that,or we just have to forget about it?
DiMoSauR

Postby Sendru » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:23 pm

DreamingDaemon wrote:* Extend the event duration by 4-5 days so players have access to the revised event for the full 10 days.
* Increase the raider cap to 60-100 so a few non active raiders don't ruin the raid.
* Credit all players who have taken part so far with additional event coins to bring what they have already received into line with the revised payouts.
At the very least, please implement those first two excellent suggestions. The third is also a great idea, but I can see how it might be logistically impractical.
Sendru

Postby DreamingDæmon » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:59 pm

Sendru wrote:
DreamingDaemon wrote:* Extend the event duration by 4-5 days so players have access to the revised event for the full 10 days.
At the very least, please implement those first two excellent suggestions. The third is also a great idea, but I can see how it might be logistically impractical.

Shouldn't be.
Assuming raid data has been stored, compare the RPP old payout vs RPP new payout for each occasion. A subroutine to run through and calculate the differences is something that could be handled fairly straightforwardly. Even Excel could handle the complexity level (in batches due to volume of data).
DreamingDæmon

Postby WonderTwinFormOfa » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:11 pm

Thanks for listening Venan and doing everything you could (within reason) to fix this. :)
WonderTwinFormOfa

Next

Return to Game Updates