Server Maintenance - August 5, 2014

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - August 5, 2014

Postby Pappas_BoL » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:01 pm

CheMClarc wrote:
DjClericalStorm wrote:Pls explain further as to why won't an action completed by Riposte consume a WM's Arcane Shield?

Riposte is not an active ability and was not designed to remove the WM's Arcane Shield nor any other ability. Riposte was designed to help Shadow Walker's be quick on their feet while in combat and help push the timers of their longer abilities if they had a high rate of dodge.


Perhaps I'm not understanding this correctly, but shouldn't the real fix then be that a riposte out of a defend will not consume an Arcane Shield? Or was riposte itself knocking down the shield before the following attack triggered?

Maybe this is a better way of asking: If I'm issuing say a Piercing Strike now and it ripostes, will that riposted Piercing Strike consume the Arcane Shield? Or does the WM now get his Arcane Shield for two attacks really? (Because we all know that WM has the advantage over SW already, and this would really hurt a SW's chances against any WM).
Pappas_BoL
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - August 5, 2014

Postby beekeo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:39 pm

beekeo wrote:The update will fix a bug where Riposte out of a Defend was consuming Arcane Shield (Defend was being counted as an attack action).
User avatar
beekeo
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:35 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - August 5, 2014

Postby CheMClarc » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:00 pm

Pappas_BoL wrote:Perhaps I'm not understanding this correctly, but shouldn't the real fix then be that a riposte out of a defend will not consume an Arcane Shield? Or was riposte itself knocking down the shield before the following attack triggered?

Maybe this is a better way of asking: If I'm issuing say a Piercing Strike now and it ripostes, will that riposted Piercing Strike consume the Arcane Shield? Or does the WM now get his Arcane Shield for two attacks really? (Because we all know that WM has the advantage over SW already, and this would really hurt a SW's chances against any WM).

If Piercing Strike triggers Riposte and the Mage you are fighting already has Arcane Shield up, the Shadow Walker will have to deal with the Arcane Shield. Both the Arcane Shield and Riposte abilities are passive procs that can trigger base on how many points you have in them and the actions both players take. Sometimes that situation will happen.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Image
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
User avatar
CheMClarc
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - August 5, 2014

Postby Cascadia_LoveBunny » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:50 pm

Illánnà_ wrote:OMFG! You didn't give us an option to stop the damn shaking? What, did you forget about that shit? Is that supposed to be part of the game where you promote a disadvantage to the user by giving them a headache? Give me a f...king break and shut that shit off!


Agree 100%. Well said. Very articulate and poised. ;)
Casc
Cascadia_LoveBunny
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:32 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - August 5, 2014

Postby beekeo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:02 pm

CheMClarc wrote:
Leggs wrote:
Andromina wrote:Whats the status of the "fix " of the screen shake ? Love the game but i however do not enjoy the head aches . Y'all have had a month ..


I agree... too many are still sidelined by the screen shake. I have tried all kinds of things to work around it, but i still end up just having to quit because I can't deal with the headache.

We plan to have an option to turn off the screen shake in our 2.2 release.

We need to do a client update to be able to add that option to the Options Menu.
User avatar
beekeo
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:35 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - August 5, 2014

Postby Sàlád_ » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Pvp pisses me off cant hardley win anymore its either crummy luck super smite or snap incinerate for 20k hp.... Total bs
Sàlád_
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:11 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - August 5, 2014

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:53 pm

CheMClarc wrote:
Pappas_BoL wrote:Perhaps I'm not understanding this correctly, but shouldn't the real fix then be that a riposte out of a defend will not consume an Arcane Shield? Or was riposte itself knocking down the shield before the following attack triggered?

Maybe this is a better way of asking: If I'm issuing say a Piercing Strike now and it ripostes, will that riposted Piercing Strike consume the Arcane Shield? Or does the WM now get his Arcane Shield for two attacks really? (Because we all know that WM has the advantage over SW already, and this would really hurt a SW's chances against any WM).

If Piercing Strike triggers Riposte and the Mage you are fighting already has Arcane Shield up, the Shadow Walker will have to deal with the Arcane Shield. Both the Arcane Shield and Riposte abilities are passive procs that can trigger base on how many points you have in them and the actions both players take. Sometimes that situation will happen.


I don't think many people were even aware this 'bug' existed. I never saw it in over 300 fights (ofc not all of those against WM or WM with shield). Maybe some other PvP issues could be fixed?
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - August 5, 2014

Postby Deadlift » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:55 pm

What about when I defend a justicar attack, I dodge said attack, riposte which nullifies my defend at 0.00, then backswing hits full-on?

What about having.. Defend an attack, dodge and riposte, then backswing hits the defend, so my defend mitigates backswing damage?

So.. Defend > dodge > backswing > riposte

Calculate the backswing BEFORE the nullified defend. Even if riposte is calculated before backswing as long as it defends.

Personally I feel backswing should be 50% (weak against walkers? Still have a good backswing chance). 75% is much too often. My dodge is at around 51 something percent, which would mean if not defending, each attack is a 37.5% chance for/of a backswing counting the main attacks, too?
Deadlift
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:45 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - August 5, 2014

Postby Bbbb » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Ilyana wrote:I don't think many people were even aware this 'bug' existed. I never saw it in over 300 fights (ofc not all of those against WM or WM with shield). Maybe some other PvP issues could be fixed?


I don't even really pay attention when I PvP (purely farming) and I knew of the bug.

While I appreciate the idea of the auto-raids, it looks like the feature is a failure. Every SV, CV. and KV one I saw was failing miserably tonight. Maybe just one per every raid tier so there may be sufficient numbers. On KV, I'd recommend CK because it is a shorter raid. On CV, either KFS or VG due to essence. Advantage of KFS is ChV level players will contribute. VG is better for the people who can't handle KFS onslaught yet.
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - August 5, 2014

Postby CheMClarc » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:36 am

Deadlift wrote:What about when I defend a justicar attack, I dodge said attack, riposte which nullifies my defend at 0.00, then backswing hits full-on?

What about having.. Defend an attack, dodge and riposte, then backswing hits the defend, so my defend mitigates backswing damage?

So.. Defend > dodge > backswing > riposte

Calculate the backswing BEFORE the nullified defend. Even if riposte is calculated before backswing as long as it defends.
Personally I feel backswing should be 50% (weak against walkers? Still have a good backswing chance). 75% is much too often. My dodge is at around 51 something percent, which would mean if not defending, each attack is a 37.5% chance for/of a backswing counting the main attacks, too?


Please review one of your Replays that shows this interaction. You will notice that the Defend icon is still up for your character until you pick you next move. You actually defend the Backswing but you may feel like it doesn't work because of other Justicar passives that are boosting their damage in the fight.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Image
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
User avatar
CheMClarc
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:52 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron