Server Maintenance - April 16, 2014

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - April 16, 2014

Postby Drash » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:17 am

Ilyana wrote:
Important question is, what exactly is Vilepaw? I maintain he is like a three-way cross between a bear, a pig and a badger.

A beapigder.

Looks like a giant Wombat on steroids.
Drash

Postby Drash » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:23 am

CheMClarc wrote:Heroes!

War Mage
  • The knockback time for Ice Lance has decreased from 0.4/0.4/0.4s to 0.15/0.2/0.25s.
[/list]

Was experimenting with a mostly ice spec for mage. The lance nerf settles (kills) any potential for that to be competitive in pve. Back to the standard fire spec with just enough ice to build fractures. I hope this was not another attempt to balance pvp without regard to pve...
Drash

Postby GrayWolf13 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:00 am

Why is pvp trashing warmages i for one dont do pvp and its becuse of the out classed matches so i allso like two see them have there own class and give mine back
GrayWolf13

Postby BlueWolfHowlin » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:02 am

If balancing PvP is the game, then why play with skills at all and not simply introduce a might % cap on opponent selection - that is to say I would much rather see "no opponent found" then have to face someone literally x3 my might, or 3 times weaker??
BlueWolfHowlin

Postby DiMoSauR » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:51 am

Cletus wrote:Wow!! Hard to believe one change to one skill has made this much fuss.. Yea it sucks for Mages (like myself) but it's not gonna dramatically change the game..

However, the rest of the patch will change part the game in a very good way.. As you're taking the time to bash Venan for the small nerf to the OP mage, maybe take a second to realize that they did give us the changes we asked for in Hunted in the Mists...

That is so true Cletus, that they did and fair play to them for listening to the paying customer, now let's hope they listen to the rest of us to!!! Of course I'm talkin about the justicar that is so low on onslought :-(
DiMoSauR

Postby DiMoSauR » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:54 am

Manticore wrote:Yes I complained about the ice lance nerf, but I never complained about the bear. Vile Paw should be more difficult since he came after LoB and challenge should increase with every update. The only problem with HiM is the rewards, they should not be lesser for a greater challenge. Keep the bear as it is, increase rewards for a greater challenge, nerf ice lance for pvp but not for pve.

So let's get this straight,are u complaining or not about Hitm??? First u say u didn't but then u say u are because of the rewards,so make up your mind lol
DiMoSauR

Postby Nevla_Nom » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:44 am

Cletus wrote:Wow!! Hard to believe one change to one skill has made this much fuss.. Yea it sucks for Mages (like myself) but it's not gonna dramatically change the game..

You obviously don't PvP, because this is going to change it way too much. Justicars are already OP as it is, and they get to keep their huge knockback.
Nevla_Nom

Postby Nevla_Nom » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:45 am

Manticore wrote:Yes I complained about the ice lance nerf, but I never complained about the bear. Vile Paw should be more difficult since he came after LoB and challenge should increase with every update. The only problem with HiM is the rewards, they should not be lesser for a greater challenge. Keep the bear as it is, increase rewards for a greater challenge, nerf ice lance for pvp but not for pve.

Rather nerf ice lance for PvE than PvP, as it will matter more in PvP.
Nevla_Nom

Postby Nevla_Nom » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:46 am

DjCleric wrote:
Nevla_Nom wrote:Wow, thanks for nerfing war mages even more and not doing anything about OP justicars. Seriously, both SW and Justi have ONE WHOLE second knockbacks. And what do we get? Effin' nothin'!

12% chance to stun. ;)

That is worthless as it is too unpredictable. :P
Nevla_Nom

Postby Cletus » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:55 am

Nevla_Nom wrote:

You obviously don't PvP, because this is going to change it way too much. Justicars are already OP as it is, and they get to keep their huge knockback.

What's PvP??? ;)
Cletus

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates